Re: Todd Bertuzzi

看板hockey作者 (轟啊轟啊轟轟轟)時間20年前 (2004/03/13 04:59), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串9/10 (看更多)
※ 引述《FFPh (wake up! man..)》之銘言: : 我覺得某些言論說的太主觀了!!! : 事實的真相只有一個, 不過連結有兩個: : http://FFPh.dorm8.nctu.edu.tw/FFPh/BertuzziSuckerPunch.wmv : mms://media.tsn.ca/nhl/bertuzzi0309_lo.wmv A few personal views: 1. I personally think Steve Moore is a piece of trash 4th liner who was out to make a name for himself by hitting Markus, but Todd didn't just cross the line, he absolutely obliterated it. Steve Moore wasn't the cleanest player himself. On March 4th, John Torterella (coach of the Lightning) was complaining about Moore after he cross checked Marty St. Louis in the back. Todd's not a bad guy, and he feels remorseful for the incident. He's also accepting his punishment like a man. I do hope Moore gets better though and returns to the ice soon. 2. Todd DID actually try to fight Moore, but Moore kept skating away, so Bert probably just lost it and decided to attack Moore anyway. Now Moore DID fight Matt Cooke earlier in the game, but that was more of a wrestling match. Moore is a bigger guy than Cooke by 3 inches and 10 pounds, not to mention Moore never took off his Visor during the fight. Brad May also challenged Moore, but Moore also backed off and May decided not to pursue the matter. 3. The media coverage on this incident was the biggest pile of sensationalism journalism I've ever seen outside of Taiwan. (Example: Steve Moore suffered two cracked C3 and C4 vertebrae, not a BROKEN NECK. The media made it look like he was paralyzed or something) The media was simply out toget Todd. They absolutely villified him, calling for lifetime bans, and even jail time. When Domi suckered Neidermayer during the 2001 playoffs, Domi had the entire Toronto press behind him. Todd? Everybody was out to get him. Sure he has alienated the press before, but they simply villified him, with a few exceptions (Bob McKenzie of TSN.) Writers for other teams absolutely hate Bertuzzi, and they had a fucking field day. I just love it when they interview other players. I don't want to hear from Captain Stickwork Tkachuk about Bertuzzi. I don't want to hear from Chris Chelios talk about Bertuzzi, I ESPEICALLY do not want to hear Granato and Lacroix talk about Bertuzzi. Granato condeming Bert is like the pot calling Kettle black. Granato was a cheapshot artist himself, being suspended 14 games in 94 for swinging his stick 270 degrees at Neil Wilkinsons's head. You know what the most ridiculous thing about the Media coverage was? TIE DOMI was probably the guy who actually said something remotely intelligent when he called for calm. He also said it was a heat of the moment thing, and they shouldn't be quick to villify Todd. Brian Burke absolutely slammed the media coverage today, and I don't blame him. 4. This is probably my biggest beef with the NHL: when Colin Campbell hands out punishment, it's always done with the injury in mind. It shouldn't IMO. A cheapshot is a cheapshot is a cheapshot, doesn't matter if the guy gets injured or not. The NHL absolutely obliterated previous precedents of suckerpunch incidents. (The Marty McSorley case is really not applicable because McSorley used a stick, while Bert did not.) The closest thing his compares to was when Matt Johnson suckers Beukaboom from behind, giving him a career ending concussion . Matt Johnson is also a repeat offender (He was suspended for applying stickwork to Matt Cooke this season for 5 games), and has never publicly apologized for the incident. He got 12 games. Bertuzzi got 13 games plus the rest of the playoffs (we'll call it 14 games for now, that's how many the Nucks played last year), Plus he has to apply for reinstatement next season. If the NHL wants to set a new precedent in terms of penalties for cheapshots , then fine, I can accept that. But if the NHL really wanted to crack down on cheapshots for real instead of just placating the media, the next time Doug Weight crosschecks Henrik in the face, or Havlat whacks Recchi in the head, they should get 20 games as well. A cheapshot is a cheapshot, doesn't matter if the victim gets injured or not. If the NHL really wanted to crack down, giving heavy punishment for EVERY cheapshot will make everybody think twice. If the next cheapshot moron gets 3 games or something, Bettman and Campbell should be the biggest two morons ever to run the NHL. 5. Also, please take out the god damned instigator rule. Either the NHL enforces the rules, or the players police themselves. Cheapshots are rampant these days, and if the NHL won't do anything about it, the players should. -- Tony Chiu, NTU MED 91 A Texas Florist with More Firepower than an Average 3rd World Country. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.137.230.9

推 24.87.93.24 03/14, , 1F
推文...
推 24.87.93.24 03/14, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #10KYJ1uo (hockey)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #10KYJ1uo (hockey)