Re: [北美] F1身分MS學校拒絕註冊但已註冊的I-20

看板VISA作者 (cruising Panama Canal)時間12年前 (2012/01/27 09:00), 編輯推噓0(004)
留言4則, 3人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《Apfelkuchen (Apfelkuchen)》之銘言: : 還請各位幫忙 提供相關建議與經驗 : 2011 Fall入學 MS F1身分 只上了第一學期 : 上學期學期還未結束就已經選課 : 寒假中1/5學費due 也繳了spring的學費 : 1/17檢查郵件 發現1/12學校寄信通知學業未達標準 : 1/18到學校找Dean 說我是conditional admitted所以gpa<3.0 就不能註冊 但可在下星期 : (1/27)他們把名單交給office of international students(OIS)之前 辦理轉學 : 但是就在我昨天去OIS辦理轉學的時候 director說自從1/3被標記"學業未達標準" : I-20直接被取消(完全沒被通知) 連轉學的機會都沒有 就是只能離境 : 爬文過後 看到大部份都是未註冊的狀況 所以緊急想請問各位 : 1.現在I-20的status是以誰說為準 : 2.若是像OIS說的情況(但是我有註冊) 申請I-20 reinstatement後再轉學可行嗎 http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm#_Toc174419530 這是官方資訊: 2.3. An F-1 student with a Terminated SEVIS record at your school wants to tra nsfer to another school and asks, “What do I need to do?” The student has three choices. The first choice is that the student can apply to USCIS for reinstatement prior to transferring from your school. The student must maintain a full course of stu dy at your school, and otherwise abide by the regulations governing F-1 students , while USCIS adjudicates the reinstatement. See the USCIS website for informati on on how to file for reinstatement. If reinstatement is denied, the student mus t leave the United States immediately. If the student does not leave, he or she may be placed in removal proceedings at any time under section 237(a)(C)(i) of t he Immigration and Nationality Act. The second choice is for the student to request that their Terminated record be transferred to the transfer-in school. Your school will need confirmation that t he student was accepted in the new school. On the transfer release date, the transfer-in DSO becomes responsible for the st udent’s SEVIS record, making the recommendation for reinstatement on the studen t’s SEVIS record, and issuing the student a new Form I-20 for Reason of Reinsta tement. The student will be responsible for properly filing for reinstatement with USCIS . The student must intend to pursue a full course of study at the next available term, or within 5 months, whichever is earlier, at the transfer-in school [8 CF R 214.2 (f)(16)(i)(C)]. The student must begin to attend the transfer-in school in the next available session even if reinstatement has not been adjudicated. If the reinstatement is denied, the student must depart the United States, risking the forfeiture of paid tuition at that school. The third choice is for the student to get an Initial Form I-20 from the new sch ool. The student must exit the United States and return as an initial entry in a new F-1 nonimmigrant status (initial admission). If the student chooses this op tion, he or she will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. The student will also lose credit for any time accumulated towards qualification for benefits such as opti onal or curricular practical training. If the student’s visa is valid, he or sh e does not need a new visa if returning to the United States within 5 months of his or her exit date. If the student has a Terminated record because he or she f ailed to maintain status or because the student violated any provision of the Im migration and Nationality Act, the student may be denied re-entry to the United States under section 212(a)(6)(G) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. 所以你有三個選擇: 1在原校reinstate後轉走 2轉走後去新校reinstate 3離境後以I-20新生的身份入境 (不需要重辦美簽) 由於你看起來已被原校掃地出門,不讓你再註冊、復學,所以(1)是行不通了 但你應該有權利進行(2),有可能學校ISO不懂這個規則,那你就把這個網站的資料給他看 畢竟這個網站就是美國政府官方提供給學校人員的資訊,他應該要照做 你該做的事就是很友善的說服學校人員幫助你把已關閉的SEVIS轉走, 這就靠你的溝通能力了,一定要很友善、很堅持、很給對方台階下,才會皆大歡喜 萬一真的溝通失敗,你可以試試(3),但這是有風險的 理論上你的情形可以去一趟加/墨邊界(免簽),然後馬上回美國 使用新生的I-20入境(要重繳一次SEVIS fee) 排隊進入小房間審查後,就會發新的I-94(要繳$6)讓你入境,就漂白成功 (爬文有很多類似的加墨再入境換I-94的經驗,雖然案例有些微不同,但本質上完全相同) 但是如果入境官認為你違反移民法,就可能拒絕你入境,下場就是直接從該地飛回台灣 再回AIT重辦F1 (不一定會過) : 3.怎樣才可保持身分不黑掉(仍想留在美國) : 請大家協助 人在他鄉遇到這樣突如其來的事件 沒有經驗不懂法律 非常不知所措 : 懇請大家給我一些指導和建議 由衷感謝 -- 我的旅遊部落格: http://chengyun-travel.blogspot.com -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 158.140.1.28

01/27 16:06, , 1F
他卡在2。成績太差學校不給轉學是有可能的。
01/27 16:06, 1F

01/27 16:17, , 2F
就看他和學校之間的溝通能力了
01/27 16:17, 2F

01/28 09:45, , 3F
結果我今天到學校 OIS的人就直接幫我辦release SEVIS
01/28 09:45, 3F

01/28 09:46, , 4F
感謝版上各位的建議和資訊 謝謝!
01/28 09:46, 4F