Re: Roddick lost magic, but not charm

看板US_Army作者 (奇蹟是靠自己創造的)時間20年前 (2004/02/22 00:04), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《carillon (Get better soon!)》之銘言: : 非常感人的文章... : 很少有選手會在輸了 尤其又是因為受傷以後 : 還為球迷簽名 和球迷合照吧 : Andy就是這樣 : 如同蓉妹所講的 好的讓人心疼 : Andy加油!! 趕快好起來喔 : *鼻酸酸* : --------- 我原本還在期待 星期日就可以在衛視體育台 再看到他的身影 沒想到..嗚... 他去年在這好像打進決賽 那今年只進了四強 是不是又會被扣積分(搞不懂這怪異的積分方式) 加上Ferrero又打進鹿特丹的四強 會不會下週又回到世界排名第二阿 anyway這都不重要拉 只希望他能好好養傷 他的下一場出賽是在三月 有足夠的時間好好休息養傷 加油阿~~ 趕快好起來 再來個20連勝吧 至於曼菲斯網賽 就交給網壇貝克漢Fish去奪冠吧 反正兩人是好友嘛 : Roddick lost magic, but not charm : By Zack McMillin : Memphis Commercial Appeal : February 21, 2004 : The fans at The Racquet Club urged and cajoled and tried to channel some bit of : positive karma toward Andy Roddick, the second-ranked tennis player in the : world. : C'mon, Andy! : Let's go, Andy! : Get it going, Andy! : Grant Morgan sat above the court, and pulled for Roddick, too. But like the man : to his right, Roddick coach Brad Gilbert, he betrayed little emotion. : Suffice to say, no Memphian in the crowd wanted Roddick to win more than : Morgan. : "He's a great guy," Morgan said before Friday's match. "I can't tell you how : much I've learned from this 21-year-old guy who could be a prima donna if he : wanted but is just not." : But it was not meant to be, not on this Friday night at the Kroger St. Jude. : No, Swedish veteran Thomas Enqvist had too much game to allow Roddick to : prevail on a night when the 21-year-old American's game seemed stuck in first : gear. : Enqvist continued his now-resurgent career comeback by moving into the : semifinals with a 7-6 (8), 6-3 victory. : It was not the best night for Team Roddick, and certainly not the kind of night : Morgan had envisioned when he started yanking the Babolat string onto Roddick's : rackets Friday afternoon. : Morgan, 35, is a Raleigh-Egypt graduate who has served as the exclusive : stringer for Roddick since last fall. Normally, he has the pleasure of watching : Roddick conjure magic with his rackets,but Roddick could not deliver on Friday. : The net snagged his backhands. His forehands sailed long or wide. His powerful : serve rarely buzzed above 130 mph. : The crowd was not aware, but Roddick played with a stiff back. : By the third game, it was clear that Roddick did not have his best stuff, nor : even anything resembling pretty good. : When Roddick double-faulted while ahead 6-5 in the first-set tiebreak, Enqvist : took command and sent Roddick home early. : "I really wanted to win here," said Roddick, the 2002 KSJ champ and '03 : runnerup. "The support here has been amazing." : Only, Roddick didn't head straight home. After patiently answering questions : from the media, Roddick headed downstairs and promised to sign for everyone in : a long autograph line. He even posed for pictures with anyone wielding a : camera. : : For Morgan, that likability is part of the reason why his is such a sweet gig. : "I've struck gold," Morgan said. : Morgan began stringing rackets as a way to save money, back when he played : competitive tennis locally. The more he tinkered with his new stringing : machine, the more the hobby became a pursuit. : He's now a full-time member of Team Roddick, having traveled to Australia : earlier this month. He'll be in Paris for the French, at Wimbledon and in : Athens for the Olympics. : "Stringer is almost an insulting term when it comes to him," Roddick said. "I'm : very particular......He's a great fit. Brad and I are big on joking around and : having fun and I love my team I have around me now." : The travel and the tennis are nice. : Spending quality time with an athlete as motivated, dedicated and down to earth : as Roddick is even better. He remembers going for a walk with Roddick in : Australia and thinking he's just like a kid from down the street. : And being around people as relentlessly positive and focused as Roddick and : Gilbert has helped Morgan, who says he was "devastated" by a relationship-gone : -bad five years ago. "For a long time, the sun could have risen in the West and : it didn't matter," Morgan said. "But these guys have taught me a lot about : trust and respect." : Morgan told Roddick he plans to lose 30 pounds between Memphis and Paris, and, : the very next day, when Morgan ordered a soda, Roddick dumped it. : : "I said, 'I'll lay off if you want,' but he said, 'No, I want you to,'"Roddick : said. : : Morgan's ultimate goal is to drop 60 pounds by next year's Kroger St. Jude. : Which, Memphis fans will be glad to know, will include Team Roddick. : "See you here next year," Roddick said as he left the media room. : We'll hold you to that, Andy. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.85.0.125

推 203.219.101.22 02/22, , 1F
是的,下週R,F兩人排名將再度互換.
推 203.219.101.22 02/22, 1F

推 61.64.84.86 02/22, , 2F
噗,推網壇貝克漢XD
推 61.64.84.86 02/22, 2F

推 61.228.132.88 02/22, , 3F
引言要整理一下喔:)
推 61.228.132.88 02/22, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #10Du6XNp (US_Army)
文章代碼(AID): #10Du6XNp (US_Army)