[新聞] Tsao steps up, pitches in

看板Tsao作者 (aisinjuro)時間17年前 (2007/05/04 19:02), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
Friday, May 4, 2007 Tsao steps up, pitches in By CURTIS ZUPKE The Orange County Register Chin-hui Tsao made a case for a spot in the Dodgers bullpen in spring training, but the club didn't have room for him on the roster. Two call-ups and more than a month later, Tsao is making a case to stay. The Taiwanese reliever has become an intriguing story of the young season for the Dodgers, who have leaned heavily on pitching to stay atop the National League West. Tsao stretched his scoreless-innings streak to 10 2/3 Wednesday and has allowed just one hit and two walks with seven strikeouts in nine appearances. None of the 10 base runners he has inherited has scored, and that has enhanced Tsao's chances to continue in the middle-relief role played last season by Giovanni Carrara. "All he does is get people out," Manager Grady Little said of Tsao. "That's what we're looking for in our pitchers, especially out of the bullpen." Originally tabbed to be Colorado's closer, Tsao was handpicked by General Manager Ned Colletti after Tsao had missed most of the past three seasons because of shoulder and arm injuries. He missed all of 2006 to recover from shoulder surgery but has flourished since he signed as a free agent Feb.1. Tsao changes speeds with his fastball and mixes in a breaking ball and changeup. Catcher Russell Martin says Tsao also has intangibles. "He's just aggressive," Martin said. "He throws a lot of strikes, and he makes the guys swing the bat. He's done a really good job (with) situations. You need a ground ball, he'll get a ground ball, and he has the capability of striking guys out. He's been awesome." Little is cautious because of Tsao's arm history and is limiting his workload. "We're going to be careful with him not to abuse him any, but the way he's going right now there's nothing I would like more than to be able to put him out there three or four innings at a time," Little said. "But it wouldn't be good for him, and it wouldn't be good for us in the long haul." Tsao acknowledges how far he has come from last year. His early success has warranted a permanent spot, but he doesn't take anything for granted. "I just try to be myself," Tsao said through an interpreter. "I try to do my best. I respect all the decisions the manager or club make. No matter what, I just want to do my best." NOTES Hong-Chih Kuo allowed two hits with seven strikeouts in 2 1/3 innings in his second rehabilitation assignment Wednesday night for triple-A Las Vegas. Yhency Brazoban gave up two hits and a run and blew the save. ... Little tipped his hat to the NL West, which is the only division in the majors with four teams above .500. "There's a lot of teams that are not looking forward to playing the National League West this year," he said. Contact the writer: czupke@ocregister.com -- 女兒的網頁 http://www.xiemark.com -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 211.23.177.142

05/04 19:49, , 1F
透過翻譯喔...我好想聽曹說說英文 XD
05/04 19:49, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #16EnB3rj (Tsao)
文章代碼(AID): #16EnB3rj (Tsao)