"Truly In Control"

看板Sandy作者時間22年前 (2001/12/21 12:59), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
from newsgroup Darrine Au (Review from The Straits Times, Singapore) 'TRULY' Sandy Lam (Virgin) 4.5/5 star HongKong singer Sandy Lam's new Mandarin Album is bolder and stronger and sees her taking control. Instead of relying on an able stable of songwriting and production talent, Lam ventures into production and composing in a big way on 'Truly'. She had a hand in producing all but one of the 11 tracks. She also co-wrote four numbers with female lyricist Xiao Han and composer Eric Ng, both from Singapore. The arresting effort ranks easily as one of this year's best Chinese pop albums. On 'Truly', the veteran chanteuse shows no sign of mellowing. Instead, it puts Lam , 35 , in good stead against newcomers who elevate her in the looks department but thump her for lack of depth and diva quality. The urgent folk rock intro of 'First In Line' opens the album but soon gives way to a sweet yet firm oo-ing chorus. Emotional strength is discernible on 'Sadness', a ballad underscored by an emphatic elctric guitar. Lam also shines on the Frankie Wang contribution, 'I'm Not Strong Enough'. It shows how Chinese R&B should be done - with style sans posturing. Taken track-by-track or as a whole, this CD is gripping even when Lam dips into guitar acoustica. -- ┌┌┌┌ Origin: 小魚的紫色花園 <fpg.twbbs.org> 140.112.200.214 ───┐┐┐┐ └└└└ From : telnet.hinet.net ──────────────────┘┘┘┘
文章代碼(AID): #y8i6o00 (Sandy)
文章代碼(AID): #y8i6o00 (Sandy)