Re: [寫作班] 托福第33週 David 1

看板ST-English作者 (the essence of love)時間15年前 (2009/04/04 06:11), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 2人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
First, "public person" is not a common usage. you can use either famous people, or celebrities. You also use "aware" many times, but notice the correct use: a. be aware of Noun b. be aware that S + V... ※ 引述《cccching (不同的味道)》之銘言: : 1. When famous people such as actors, athletes and rock stars give their : opinions, many people listen. Do you think we should pay attention to : these opinions? : ----------------------------------------------------------------------- : It is universally acknowledged that public person, especially those famous : athletes and rock stars, affect people a lot for their speech and opinions. : Not only what they said, included something about our daily life or important : social events and political opinions, but also what they done, maybe from : giving a public speech to all citizens to personal life activities, make : people pay close attentions and follow with interests to them, as a rule. : Basically I agree that we should pay attention to those opinions by famous : public person. In fact, what must I declare myself is that we should aware of : their opinion rather than accept them without personal judgment. : There is an old Chinese saying, "Three people make a tiger." It described the : story about one man refuted to believe a ridiculous info told by one villager : that there was a tiger appeared in his villages but changed his position if : more than three people told him one after another. What can be inferred above : is that the masses are ignorant, as a rule. From a group psychological point : of view, people tend to comply the majority's idea or position whatever it is : true, that is so-called the group consciousness, which often dominate : individual's consciousness. A particular example was that once Warren Buffett, : called as the god of stock, made some comments about stock information and it : resulted in a fluctuation in stock market or financial situation. Consequently, : an opinion made by public person will intentionally or unintentionally lead : this group consciousness which affect a majority of people largely in our : society. And this is the reason why we should aware those opinions made by : famous people such as actors or rock stars because it effects us hugely. In the 2nd paragraph you mention that people tend to follow the decisions of the majority. Then you mention how Buffet's words are influential. I would like to mention here that these two examples are contradictory. Previous examples emphasize the "group" and the latter eample emphasizes the "person" so you might want to reorganize the paragraph. for me, I think Buffet's example seems to be more related to the topic in question. : Another reason is that most of people in society will aware of opinions or : words by famous people such that everyone can judge the accuracy and reality. : That is to say, although most of people will implicit those opinions, still : some people determine and magnify to judge what they said in a neural position, : as far as I know. To be more specific, the more judgments or comments about : something been questioned, the more uncertainty will decrease, as a rule. After : considering what they said though public opinion's judgment, I believe it is : more reliable indeed. this paragraph is contradictory with the previous one. In the 2nd paragraph you want to emphasize that people are blind followers, but in this pargagraph you say that many people are still aware of the opinions made by celebrities. the argument becomes unclear. : To sum up, from what has been discussed above, I believe that we should pay : attention to those opinions, made by famous people, though public opinion's : judgment, and compare with my personal ideas to integrate and approach what : the truth was. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 128.205.231.174

04/06 15:41, , 1F
You give me many practical suggestions to me. Thanks
04/06 15:41, 1F

04/07 09:03, , 2F
For paragraph 1, "a public figure" is ok, although it's
04/07 09:03, 2F

04/07 09:03, , 3F
more commonly a legal term. (Also, in context, it needs
04/07 09:03, 3F

04/07 09:03, , 4F
the indefinite article 'a' in your sentence.)
04/07 09:03, 4F
文章代碼(AID): #19recfmU (ST-English)
文章代碼(AID): #19recfmU (ST-English)