Re: [外電] 活塞沒選Chris Douglas-Roberts之原因

看板Pistons作者 (Zoo Crew)時間16年前 (2008/07/02 01:52), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
http://0rz.tw/88432 My friend and colleague Dave D'Alessandro from the Newark Star-Ledger talked with Chris Douglas-Roberts on Monday. Apparently, Chris has a bit of a chip on his shoulder after falling to No. 40 in the draft. He doesn't appear to be in the mood to take any blame for it, never mind he wouldn't work out for teams at the back end of the first round, including the Pistons, who asked twice. Here is a snippet of CDR's presser: How upset were you at dropping to 40? "Ooof. That first day I was extremely (upset) - extremely. I'm pretty sure anybody in the world knows how I feel to be under-appreciated. That's all it was. But once I looked at the situation and once I looked at where I was picked, I looked at it in a positive way. Because it's a blessing to be here (New Jersey). I could have ended up on the Lakers, you know? Somewhere like that, where there's no playing time. So being here is great for me. I looked and over all it's great. Being picked 40 is horrible, and I don't know what people are thinking, but overall I'm happy." Chip on your shoulder? "Big. Big chip. Big. That's the biggest motivation I have. Getting picked 40, I'm gonna write a book." Where did you think you might go? "Oh, I was, like, 15 to 25. And it just so happened that some teams I didn't work out for had 25 to 30, and I didn't workout (for them)... that's how it happens. That's just how it happens. Why? I still don't know why. But that's yesterday's news. You have to be mentally strong to be in this business, and you have to form amnesia. And that's with anything in basketball. You make a mistake on the floor you can't let it affect the next four trips down the floor." You know they are upset at you in Detroit? "Oh, yeah. They are. They are." So why did you turn down their workouts? "I didn't. That was. ... I don't know where that came from - it was the same with Memphis, they said I turned their workout down and I didn't. Detroit said I turned theirs down and I didn't. But that's yesterday's news." Why did your agent not schedule a workout with the Pistons? (Long pause) "Too close. Too close to home." So, there it is. Some semblance of truth. First he says he didn't turn the Pistons down, then he acknowledges his agent never set up a workout with the Pistons. Then finally it comes out - he didn't want to play in Detroit. Too close to home. Same reason he left the state to play at Memphis. You can't be mad at him for that. You just kind of wish he'd come clean and say that up front. But you know how these things work out, right? First time the Pistons play the Nets, CDR's going to post a career-high. Always works out like that. -- 也是有人不想在自己的家鄉打球的 (  ̄ c ̄)y▂ξ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.134.24.137

07/02 10:05, , 1F
這是什麼爛理由... 這傢伙
07/02 10:05, 1F

07/02 18:41, , 2F
這傢伙自大好像不是一天兩天的事....
07/02 18:41, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #18QcxXTv (Pistons)
文章代碼(AID): #18QcxXTv (Pistons)