[賽訪9/27]Padres' run ends at Pujols' hands

看板Padres作者 (Ferrari我來了)時間17年前 (2006/09/28 22:58), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
ST. LOUIS -- It was a dream late-September matchup: Albert Pujols vs. Cla Meredith, royalty vs. phenom, game on the line. 在九月裡最後的夢幻對決 -- Pujols大帝 vs 天才神童Cla Meredith。 Welcome, young Mr. Meredith, to the large club of pitchers who have been humbled by Albert the Great. 歡迎年輕的Meredith先生加入到Pujols大帝曾受主"蒙昭"的名單上。 Pujols crushed a three-run homer, his 47th, off the Padres phenom in the bottom of the eighth inning on Wednesday night, powering a 4-2 victory that snapped the Cardinals' seven-game losing streak in front of 40,358 at Busch Stadium and reduced the Padres' National League West lead to one game over the Dodgers with four to play. Pujols打出了本季第47號hr是一支三分打點全壘打,在第八局從Padres神童打出,硬是以 4-2帶領紅雀在主場止住7連敗,且讓Padres在國聯西區跟道奇的差距縮短到1場。 "I might have thrown that pitch 100 times this year and gotten away with it," Meredith said. "He got it that time. He got me tonight, and they got us." "我可能要投上個100次才能忘記它""他做到了,我今晚被打敗且他們拿下勝利。"Cla說。 Despite another superb effort from Chris Young, dominant for seven innings, the Friars' six-game winning run was halted as they head to Arizona for their final four games of the regular season. 雖然Young給了很棒的內容,七局漂亮的內容,但教士的六連勝還是中止了接下來就要面 對到亞歷桑那響尾蛇本季的最後戰役。 The loss went to Scott Linebrink, who walked a pair of hitters in the eighth before Meredith -- who worked 34 scoreless innings and had a 0.72 ERA in 43 appearances -- threw Pujols a sinker on the outer half of the plate that he somehow managed to lift an estimated 425 feet into the third deck in left field. Linebrink吞下敗投,當他在Meredith接手前保送了兩名打者 -- Meredith有過34局未失分 43場出賽有0.72era -- 他給了Pujols一顆失投的sinker,被打上第三層看台且飛了有425 英呎遠。 It was the defending NL MVP's 25th game-winning RBI, and 19 of his 47 homers have accounted for game-winning RBIs, matching Willie Mays in 1962 for the highest number since that data surfaced in 1957. 這是這個NL MVP的第25次勝利打點,且47次hr裡有19次hr都是勝利打點,追平Willie Mays在1962年的記錄,從1957年才開始這項記錄。 Padres manager Bruce Bochy said he'd have walked Pujols intentionally and loaded the bases for Scott Spiezio in that situation "if I didn't have Meredith. That's the confidence I have in the kid." Padres總教鍊Bochy說他有想要故意保送Pujols滿壘來面對Spiezio,"如果我不相信 Meredith。這是我對這小子的信心。" Meredith said he appreciated the trust, "but I'd feel better if the guy didn't hit it 650 feet off me." Meredith說他很感謝教練這樣相信他,"但是我會感覺更好,如果他沒在我手中打出過650 呎遠。" Self-critical for walking singles hitters So Taguchi and Aaron Miles, prompting Bochy to summon Meredith for the sixth time in seven games, Linebrink expressed amazement over Pujols' talent. 自己在危急時保送了田口壯跟Miles,逼的Bochy把最近7場比賽有6次上場的Meredith換上 來,Linebrink驚訝Pujols的能力。 "It wasn't a bad pitch Cla threw," Linebrink said. "[Pujols] probably knows we're going to stay away from him and was looking on the outer part of the plate. It was down, but he's such a great hitter. "Cla投出糟糕的一球""他大概知道我們不會有好球給他打所以就鎖定外角的球,真是洩氣 但他真的是很棒的打者。"Linebrink說。 "I think I'd rather see anybody else in the batter's box with a game on the line -- including Barry Bonds. The law of averages tells you sooner or later [Pujols] is going to get you. He's brought the game to a new level, no doubt about that." "我想我寧願看到別的打者站到這打擊區內包括了Barry Bonds,經驗法則跟你說早或晚 他會抓到你,他把比賽帶到一種層次,毫無疑問的。" Reliever Tyler Johnson (1-4) was credited with the win, Adam Wainwright gaining his second save, on a night that Anthony Reyes kept the Cards in the game with six-plus solid innings. 救援投手Johnson拿到1勝,Wainwright則得到第2個sv,同一天Reyes也給了紅雀六局的好 內容。 The Padres seized a 2-1 lead in the top of the eighth on a wild pitch by Johnson, who'd come on in relief after Braden Looper gave up an infield single to Mike Piazza and walked Adrian Gonzalez. Padres在第八局靠著Johnson一顆暴投以2-1領先,他是接替Looper在他被Piazza打安打且 保送了A-Gon。 Scott Rolen stabbed Mike Cameron's line drive but threw wildly past second, enabling pinch-runner Khalil Greene to move up to third and Gonzalez to second. When Johnson uncorked a wild pitch on a 2-2 count to pinch-hitter Mark Bellhorn, Greene scored, but Gonzalez was thrown out at the plate by catcher Yadier Molina. Rolen接到了Cameron打出的一顆邊線球但是丟了個暴投給二壘,讓代跑的Greene上到三壘 Gonzalez上到二壘,當Johnson在2好2壞對上代打Bellhorn又給了暴投,Greene回來得分, 但是A-Gon被捕手擋在本壘前刺殺。 The Friars took the lead in the first when Dave Roberts walked, stole his 47th base and scored on Piazza's two-out single to center. 教士在第一局先馳得點當Dave保送且完成他第47次盜壘,又靠Piazza兩出局的安打回來得 分。 In the fourth, the Cards drew even with two outs when Pujols -- after taking a borderline 2-2 pitch on the inside corner at the knees -- singled, stole second, took third on Piazza's throwing error and scored on Rolen's single. 第4局,紅雀反擊先靠Pujols兩出局的安打跟盜壘靠著Piazza的失誤上到三壘,之後靠著 Rolen的安打回來得分。 Young left after seven innings, having given up three hits and one earned run, walking two and striking out six. He extended his streak of consecutive road starts without suffering a loss to 24 -- one shy of the all-time record set by Allie Reynolds in 1948 and '49. Young won't make another road start in the regular season -- but he'd love to be out there again in October. Young投了七局離場,被打3安打且1分自責,保送兩個跟三振6個,他保持他那客場不敗來 到了24場 -- 只差一次就可以追上Allie Renolds在1948-49的記錄,本季Young沒有客場 先發的機會了。 "I'd like to do it in the playoffs, too," the man from Princeton said, referring to a formidable finish that featured his 8 1/3 no-hit innings at home against Pittsburgh in his previous start. "It's important to me to finish strong. Last year [in Texas], a big deal was made of the way I finished the season. I felt it wasn't right." "我也會喜歡在playoff裡這樣的表現,"從普林斯頓的男人說到,在他上一次先發對上海 盜投了個8 1/3局的無安打比賽,"這對我很重要,去年球季結束後因為一個大交易來到這 我感覺很不好。" Padres fans can be grateful that the Rangers elected to part with the 27-year-old right-hander with the attitude and stuff to make a number of All-Star teams. Padres的球迷喜歡這個27歲右投前Rangers隊員,他的態度跟內容讓他在隊上是個明星 "Taking two of three from St. Louis, it's huge," said the 6-foot-10 Young. "We're in good shape. We beat a real good team two out of three games, and we're playing real good baseball as a whole. Nobody could be disappointed with where we are now. "對上聖路易三場拿下兩場,很重要"6呎10的Young說,"我們現在情勢很好,我們打敗了 真正的強隊兩次,且整體而言我們打了一場好球,現在的我們沒有一個人感覺到沮喪。" "We're going to Arizona with our ace, [Jake Peavy], going [Thursday night], and I always feel good about that." "我們的王牌將要對上ARI,Peavy,且我對這系列戰很有信心。" Young dismissed any concerns about his back after Bochy indicated that he went to Linebrink in the eighth, the starter having thrown only 92 pitches, because Young's "back tightened up and he couldn't go. He got spasms." 在Bochy指示要換Linebrink上場投第八局後,Young不考慮任何的關切,他今天只投92球 因為Young有"平手緊張症後群他會有一些抽筋"。 "That's something I don't expect to even be an issue," Young said. "有一些事我不期待它出現即使變成一個問題"Young說。 Meredith's availability was also an issue coming in. But the 23-year-old sidearmer said that he felt strong enough to face the fearsome Pujols, who'd struck out on a wicked sinker against Meredith on Monday night. Meredith的可靠度有可能變成一個問題,但是23歲的側投手說他覺得夠堅強的能面對 Pujols大帝,他在星期一曾以一個漂亮的sinker三振他。 "It still feels just as good as it did a month ago," Meredith said, his ERA rising to 0.91 as he gave up his second earned run in his past 42 2/3 innings, covering 36 appearances. "I don't see any reason why it won't hold up. I've got older guys here looking after me. "感覺跟一個月前一樣好""我不想說任何理由為什麼不能守住,有很多年長的人在看我。" Meredith說,他的era在他36次出賽42 2/3局裡失掉第二分後上升到0.91。 "I'll keep going after 'em, keep doing what I've been doing." "我會在他們後面一直持續下去我的工作。" source:http://0rz.net/331Wb -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.123.108.169
文章代碼(AID): #156-CfTu (Padres)
文章代碼(AID): #156-CfTu (Padres)