〔閒聊]〕印城星報Q&A選輯

看板PACERS作者 (Faith)時間18年前 (2005/12/13 14:05), 編輯推噓10(1000)
留言10則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Mike Wells: Pacers Q&A http://www.indystar.com/ 口恩..基於關心球隊事務的立場,選了幾個問答。 1、Artest相關,印城鄉民,不對.. 印城鄉親的一些憤怒。 2、對 Mike Wells 先一步揭露artest內心話的質疑跟他本人的答覆。 3、溜馬全隊健康是西元幾年啊? 4、如果要交易系列,跨越artest事件前後,蠻有趣的。   包含狼王KG、前溜馬隊員AI、SJ。 5、bender 6、教練的執教風格 1、Artest相關,印城鄉民,不對.. 印城鄉親的一些憤怒。 Question: I wrote to you a few days ago asking about Ron Artest trade rumors, and why there were any as I thought he was playing good basketball and had been a model citizen. Ron sure fooled me. He's a selfish player, not just that a selfish person. The Pacer franchise made him a star and gave him more chances than most people get in a lifetime. As a Pacer fan, I couldn't be more disgusted with him. How can anyone in their right mind say the things Ron didafter all this franchise and its fans gave to him? Despite Artest causing thebiggest sports riot in North American history the fans stood behind him, andthis is how he repays them? Demanding a trade so he can take more shots. WellI say good riddance, its just a shame that Ron was in a Pacer uniform longenough to ruin Reggie's last season. I hope he never plays another game as aPacer. (David from Milwaukee) Q:幾天前,我寫信請教關於Rob Artest交易的傳聞。我想知道為什麼還有 人認為Ron球打得好,行為舉止還可以當個市民楷模?Ron可是把我當笨蛋耍。他 是個自私的球員,還是個自私的人。溜馬給了他明星的地位,給他許多人一輩子等不到 的機會。身為一個溜馬球迷,我真的覺得非常噁心。在球隊跟球迷已經給了他那麼多之 後,他怎麼可以那樣說話?在他造成北美歷史上最嚴重的運動場鬥毆事件後,球迷支持 他,而這就是他回報球迷的方式嗎?想轉隊讓自己可以多出手。掰掰~~你這大麻煩! 想到他竟然待在溜馬久到毀掉Miller的最後一個球季我就覺得丟臉。我希望他從 來沒加入溜馬。(David from Milwaukee) Answer: The Pacers have no choice other than trade Artest now. The Pacers have constantly defended him throughout all his ordeals only to have him come out and say the things he did. I don't know how anybody in the organization can depend on him now. He spent the offseason saying the right stuff on how he owed the franchise a championship and how we was going to be a good team player. We see how that turned out. He went as far as saying he doesn't like playing for Rick Carlisle. I don't see how his teammates would want to play with him after this ordeal. I think trading him is in the best interest of the organization and Pacers fans. A:目前,溜馬除了交易他之外沒有其他選擇。在他惹事的歷史中,球隊一直挺他,但 卻讓他對外說了那些話。我不知道球隊裡面還有多少人能護著他。他在球季結束後說了 許多很棒的想法,像是他欠球隊一個冠軍,還有他要當個團隊球員。我們可以看到最後 發展是什麼。他甚至說出他不喜歡替Carlisle教練打球這種話。我不認為他的隊友會想 要在這種情況下繼續跟他打球。我想把他交易出去對球隊及球迷都是最好的選擇。 Love Pacers Love Pacers Love Pacers  2、對 Mike Wells 先一步揭露artest內心話的質疑跟他本人的答覆。 Question: Why did you decide to publish the article about Ron Artest before he had spoken to Donnie Walsh or Larry Bird? Don't you feel just a tad bit responsible for messing up this teams chemistry even more? (Dave from Montreal) Q:為什麼你在Ron Artest跟Walsh或是Bird深談之前就刊登 Artest專訪?你難道不覺得有點不負責任、把全隊現在的情感、默契、化學作 用搞得更糟? Answer: Normally I wouldn't pay attention to comment like that, but I figure I'll address the question since you were one of about five people to ask me. I would have to disagree with you, and everybody else, 100 percent about feeling a "tad bit" responsible for messing up the team's chemistry over the article. Ron knew what he was doing Saturday. It was obvious when he's looking at me and making comments about which teams he wouldn't mind making jump shots for every time he made a 3-pointer during his workout prior to our interview and telling me, "don't worry about it, I've got plenty of time," when we were doing the actual interview. So no, I don't feel responsible. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't report what he said. A:通常我不會注意這樣的問題,但是在五個人都問同樣問題後,我決定回應。我必須 要說我不這麼想,我不同意有這種想法的任何人,我不覺得該替「用一篇報導搞砸全隊 情感」這件事情負責。Ron知道他週六在做什麼。當他看著我陳述那些句子時,當他 一邊練投三分,一邊講著他想要去哪支球隊,還邊跟我說「別擔心、我還有很多時間」 ,甚至在專訪過程中(他知道自己在做什麼)。所以,我不覺得我該負責。如果我沒寫 出那篇專訪,那我才不配當個記者。 Love Pacers Love Pacers Love Pacers  3、溜馬全隊健康是西元幾年啊? Question: Could you please find out when the last time the Pacers' roster was completley healty? Excluding Bender. Amazing that the Colts can go out and beat each other up and somehow play consecutive games, but the Pacers cannot. Bunch of pansies. (CT from Indianapolis) Q:你可以幫個忙,找出上次溜馬隊全隊都健康的時候嗎?包含Bender喔.. 看到我們的美式足球隊(Colts)可以出去痛電別人,但是我們的籃球隊不行, 真的很令人驚訝。 Answer: I wasn't here at the time, but coach Rick Carlisle said the last time they were completely healthy was during their playoff series against Boston in 2004. If you don't count Bender, the Pacers could have a healthy roster this week if Tinsley and Artest return to the lineup. Of course, that's only if Artest hasn't been traded yet. A:那時候我還沒近印城星報,不過Carlisle教練說2004季後賽對上波士頓的時候 全隊都健康。如果不把Bender算進來的話,本週Tinsley跟Artest 一歸隊就算全隊健康了。當然,如果那時候Artest還沒被交易的話。 Love Pacers Love Pacers Love Pacers  4、如果要交易系列,跨越artest事件前後,蠻有趣的。   包含狼王KG、前溜馬隊員AI、SJ。 Question: Do you think Kevin Garrent would solve our team chemistry problem? Trading any two to three players except Ron Artest and Danny Granger to get him would stop all the foolishness in my opinion. (Darryl from Indianapolis) Q:你覺得Kevin Garrent可以解決球隊內部和諧、士氣的問題嗎?留下Ron  Artest、Danny Granger,然後拿出兩三球員把KG交易過來, 我覺得可以把一切問題解決。 Answer: I think trading for Garnett would be a great move because I think he's the second best power forward behind Tim Duncan and he's one of the most unselfish players in the league. The Pacers could use an unselfish player like Garnett. But let's be real, the Pacers aren't going to get K.G. Unlike Ron, Garnett hasn't come out and said he thinks he should play somewhere else. The Pacers would have to give up Jermaine to get Garnett. That's not happening, though, because many people in the organization like the way O'Neal is handling things on and off the court this season. A:我想KG會是個相當棒的人選。我認為在大前鋒的位置上他僅次於Tim  Duncan,而且是聯盟中最無私的球員之一。溜馬需要一位無私的球員。但是, 面對現實吧,我們不可能換到KG。KG不像Ron,他沒有公開講過要換隊之類的話。 溜馬必須要拿出Jermaine才能換來KG。這不可能發生的。因為球隊管理階層喜歡 O'Neal處理事情的方式,場上、場下都是。 Question: Stephen Jackson is without a doubt the biggest cancer on our team. He's not a good shooter,takes bad shots, and continues shooting even when he hasn't made a shot all night long. He cries to the ref's and argues with his teammates. I love Larry Bird & Donnie Walsh, but aquiring him was a bad move. (Tim from Indianapolis) Q:Stephen Jackson毫無疑問是隊上最大的廢柴(Cancer)。他不是個好射手,當他 不會進球的時候,他還可以繼續投上整晚的球。我愛Bird跟Walsh,但是把 他交易過來是個壞決定。 Answer: Getting Jackson seemed to be the perfect move for the Pacers. Al Harrington wanted out of Indy and Jackson had championship experience playing with the Spurs, where he was a solid role player with them. Jackson was use to being one of top scoring options last season while Artest was suspended and Jermaine was out with his shoulder injury. He's had to adapt to being the third scoring option behind Jermaine and Ron this season, which has taken its toll. Jackson is a player that likes to be involved in the offense early or he gets bored and starts to get frustrated, which leads to him wanting to shoot the ball - whether a good shot or not - as soon as he touches it. A:對溜馬來說,換來Stephen Jackson應該是個完美的交易。Al Harrington想走, Stephen Jackson待過馬刺,有總冠軍經驗,當時表現不錯。上一季在Ron被禁賽、 Jermaine 因傷缺賽時,Stephen Jackson 曾經是隊上進攻首選之一。本季,他必須適應 排在O'Neal跟Artest之後,而這種事情總是會帶來後遺症。Jackson是那種 喜歡早早參與進攻否則會很挫折的球員,而這讓他一拿到球就很想要出手,不管進不 進。 The Pacers talked during the preseason about making sacrifices, but it's taken time for that message to sink into Jackson's head. Jackson's getting his touches now that Artest is out with his wrist injury. Now we're going to have to wait and see how Jackson will be when/if Artest comes back. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson resorted back to his old ways at times when things aren't going good. The good thing is, he has come out and said he knows his emotions cause problems with the team at times. 溜馬在季前談到要做出犧牲,但要Jackson聽進去需要點時間。Ron受傷之後Jackson 又找回點手感。現在我們必須等待Artest交易的事情底定之後。如果球隊、比賽 不順時Jackson手感又冷掉,這不會太令我驚訝。幸好,他自己已經公開說過自己的 情緒是個問題。 Question: I am a Pacer fan stuck in Detroit Piston land and very disappointed in the play of the Pacers. How would you evaluated the Al Harrington for S. Jackson trade. I think the Pacers got the bad end of the deal. S. Jackson shoots to many three's and does little else from the games I watch. (Chris from South Lyon, Mich.) Q:我是個住在底特律活塞隊「國度」的溜馬球迷,而我對於溜馬的表現相當失望。你 覺得Al Harrington 跟 S. Jackson的這筆交易如何?我想溜馬比較吃虧,在我看的球賽 裡面,S. Jackson投太多三分球而沒有做太多其他的事情。 Answer:I addressed the Jackson's attitude in an earlier question in this series, but I will say this, I think the Pacers should trade Artest for Harrington. They make about the same amount of money, the Pacers would get rid of the headache Artest has caused and Harrington will not only start at small forward, he will also play hard because he's in a contract year. A:我之前已經談過S. Jackson的態度。但是我要說,我覺得溜馬應該拿Artest 換 Harrington。他們的薪資差不多,Pacers可以擺脫Artest這個麻煩人物。Harrington不 只可以當小前鋒出賽,他會拿出全力打球,因為他合約快要到期了。 Love Pacers Love Pacers Love Pacers  5、bender Question: If Jonathon Bender decides to retire, will he still count against the Pacers salary cap in this and future seasons? Q:如果Jonathon Bender決定退休,他的薪資會被算進來嗎? Answer: If Bender is forced to retire, which would be very unfortunate, he will still get paid because his contract is guaranteed. If an independent doctor determines Bender can no longer play, the Pacers will apply to the league to have what's left of his contract removed for salary cap purposes one year from the date it was determined he couldn't play anymore. The move will also help for luxury tax purposes. (Johnny from Chico, Calif.) A:如果Jonathon Bender被迫退休,這是很不幸的一件事情,他仍然會有收入,因為 他的合約保證他會有收入。如果有醫生判定Jonathon Bender不再能夠打球,溜馬會向 聯盟提出要求,在他的健康報告出爐一年後,將他的薪資移除,不再計入球隊薪資上限 。這也對豪華稅有所幫助。 Question: Is Stephan Jackson a plus or a minus for the Pacers in all respects? (Jack from Bloomingdale, Ill.) Q:整體而言,Stephan Jackson對於溜馬隊來說到底是加分還是減分? Answer: My problem with Jackson is that you never know which player is going to show up. Some nights he looks like a player that fits in well alongside Jermaine and Artest. Other nights he looks like he's the one hurting the team chemistry (the Nov. 25 game against Atlanta) and he's more worried about improving his individual stats than playing within the team concept. He has a tendency to take bad shots in the offense. I think part of that problem is the loss of Mike Brown to Cleveland. Brown had the ability to relate with the players and keep their head in the game. Brown would often go to the end of the bench and talk to Jackson to keep him focused when he would get upset over an issue. A:我想Stephan Jackson的問題在於他不穩定。有時候他可以跟Jermaine 還有 Artest 搭配的很好,有時候,他卻是把球隊默契搞壞的那個人(11月25號對上老鷹那天) ,他在意自己的數據多過融入團隊。他有在進攻時亂投的傾向。我想助理教練 Mike Brown轉到騎士隊是因素之一。Mike Brown以前會在Jackson昏頭時讓他冷靜下來。 Love Pacers Love Pacers Love Pacers  6、教練的執教風格 Question: Is there anyone that thinks the Pacers struggles are a result of Rick Carlisle? Everyone talks about how he is a great coach, and how he held the team together last year, but do you really think his style fits the Pacers? It seems like they are most suited to be a uptempo team and he is all about slowing them down and calling a play. What do you think? (Brian from Fort Wayne, Ind.) Q:有可能溜馬戰績時好時壞是因為Carlisle教練嗎?大家都說他是個好教練,他如何 帶領球隊走出陰霾、打出去年的佳績。但是,你真的認為他的風格適合溜馬嗎?看來, 溜馬球員適合打快節奏的球風,但是教練老是要他們慢慢來、聽教練指揮。 你的看法呢? Answer: There's no other way to put it: Carlisle is a micromanager when it comes to coaching. The Pacers had one of their best games against New Jersey when Carlisle wasn't constantly calling a play every time the court. Anthony Johnson said it best after that game when he said Carlisle "trusts himself more than he trusts us." This team has the players to play uptempo (except against Phoenix). The constant play calling disrupts the flow of the game. The ball usually ends up in O'Neal's hands in the post with everybody standing around watching after the initial first cut to the basket by the passer. Playing that style makes the Pacers predictable on offense. The things is, though, that style has allowed Carlisle to be successful as a coach so far. So I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't change his style. A:我想只能這麼說:Carlisle教練帶隊的方式像是位小主管(micromanager)。溜馬 之前有場隊上籃網的比賽打得相當出色,那天正好是Carlisle教練沒有對每一球作出指 示的情況。Anthony Johnson賽後說的好,他說「教練相信他自己多過相信我們」。我們 隊伍可以打快(除了太陽隊那種快)。每球都要指揮讓比賽的節奏被打斷。當一個球員 帶球切入後,球通常就在O'Neal手中作最後的處理,而其他人站在外圍看。這種風 格讓溜馬的進攻變得可以被預測。不過,這就是Carlisle得以成功至今的方式。我不覺 得他會改變他的風格。 Love Pacers Love Pacers Love Pacers  -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.117.71.156 ※ 編輯: hsupohsiang 來自: 140.117.71.156 (12/13 14:47)

12/13 15:01, , 1F
推!! 英文真好..我想翻譯外電都力不從心 > <
12/13 15:01, 1F

12/13 15:29, , 2F
大推!! 翻得真好~
12/13 15:29, 2F

12/13 15:43, , 3F
PUSH !
12/13 15:43, 3F

12/13 16:55, , 4F
感謝 醜臉被罵廢柴XD
12/13 16:55, 4F