Re: [外電] BA - Orioles Top 10 Prospects

看板Orioles作者 (口袋小朋友出走中)時間15年前 (2008/11/27 22:28), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
From the BA chat:(Lingo) David Hernandez He will certainly be in the 11-15 range when you read the full top 30 in our Prospect Handbook... overall the feeling I get from those who have seen Hernandez is that he has a pretty low ceiling and gets his strikeouts more from deception than overpowering stuff...Most people see him more as a bullpen guy than a big league starter... Pedro Beato ...His velocity just wasn't there this season, and no one seems quite sure why. There were reports of arm trouble, but he was checked out a couple of times and no one ever found any physical problems. The Orioles worked on his delivery in instructional league and apparently his stuff was back to where it was when he was drafted. Chorye Spoone ...shoulder injuries for pitchers are always scary, especially a guy with a power arm like his. Troy Patton of course faces the same concern, but reports on him out of instructional league were good and he has more of a track record and less reliance on power... Bobby Bundy/Jesse Beal Quite a few questions about the O's 2008 draft class, and those are two of the more interesting arms. Still too early to get a real good read on either of those guys. Bundy didn't get much work in the summer as he came back from a knee injury, but he's an eighth-round pick whom the Orioles considered a top three-round talent...His fastball touches 94 mph. Beal is a high school kid who fell to the 14th round because of signability and a commitment to Maryland. He's 6-foot-7 and earned a Chris Volstad comp, except a little more physical. He's up to 92 now but obviously has plenty of room for projection... Shortstops in the organization The bad news is that I don't really see a bona fide shorstop between Hernandez and Miclat; Blake Davis feels more like a utility guy. Tony Butler ...feels more like a depth player who could eventually contribute in the bullpen than a frontline prospect to me... Zach Britton ...probably No. 11 on the O's list...usually pitches in the 88-90 mph range and touches 91, and he has taken a leap by learning a slider in instructional league a year ago... Tyler Henson ...great athlete who's probably not suited to third base. There's some thought of moving him back to shortstop, or maybe even center field, but his bat has more value if he stays in the infield. Matt Angle ...little guy who's a plus runner and knows how to play. He's a smart hitter, good bunter and good basestealer, and a good center fielder as well. The question will be if he's good enough to be a big league center fielder, or will produce enough with the bat if he moves over to left. Why Mikolio at No. 10? ...he could end up being a dynamic back of the bullpen guy. The other pitchers in the running are mostly lower-ceiling guys or guys like Spoone with major questions... LJ Hoes/Xavier Avery Avery probably has a higher ceiling, while Hoes is a little more advanced as a hitter at this point. Avery is a great athlete with great hands, and the Orioles think he can be a .300 hitter with power down the road. Hoes already swings the bat well and shows a knack for using the whole field, so his big challenge will be learning to play second base... 另外 Alex (Baltimore): Jim I just read the Orioles top 10 list and I noticed Troy Patton was 8th on the list. Why so low? Jim Callis: He did miss the entire 2008 season with a labrum tear. Before that, he was as much about savvy as stuff, and we'll have to see how the stuff bounces back. -- 這篇從scout.com討論區挖出來的.. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.164.34.200 ※ 編輯: Liandh 來自: 218.164.34.200 (11/27 22:30)
文章代碼(AID): #19BgwUp9 (Orioles)
文章代碼(AID): #19BgwUp9 (Orioles)