Re: [閒聊] Zimmerman on statistics and 'nerds'

看板Nationals作者 (Keep going~~)時間11年前 (2013/06/03 02:21), 編輯推噓3(304)
留言7則, 6人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《ug945 (ug945)》之銘言: : http://goo.gl/HkQDk : Ryan Zimmerman on statistics and ‘nerds’ : By Dan Steinberg, Published: May 31, 2013 at 2:54 pm : If you’re an athlete and you’d like to find yourself in more blog : headlines, say something about statistics and nerds. Works every time. 身為一位運動員,你會想要自己多出現在部落格的頭條上,討論數據和笨蛋(??) 這每次都是成立的! : Ryan Zimmerman was the latest to discover this truth, after starring in the : last section of Friday’s Boz column. Zimmerman最近出現在Friday’s Boz的專欄的不部分。 : The reigning kings of geekdom reside at Baseball Prospectus. They’re so : respected inside the industry that the Nats have a “Baseball Prospectus Day” : at Nats Park on July 7. PECOTA, a Baseball Prospectus site, uses computer : simulations to project performance. They think the Nats have a 41 percent : chance to reach the playoffs and a 3.9 percent to win the Series (down from : 11 percent preseason). The Orioles currently have only a 17.9 percent playoff : chances, in part because they’re in the tough AL East, a minuscule 0.7 : percent chance to win the Series…. : 一群統治棒球章程的網友(???),在這個領域備受敬重。所以國民對有個棒球章程日,在 每年的七月七日於國民隊主場慶祝,PECOTA是一個棒球章程的網站運用電腦模擬去計劃 表現。他們認為國民隊有41%的機率會進入季後賽,3.9%的機會奪得世界冠軍。(由季前 的11%下降為3.9%) 而金鶯隊目前只有17.9%的機率會進入季後賽,部分原因是因為他們 身處激烈的美東戰區,僅有微小的0.7%機率會奪得世界冠軍。 “How did that [model] work out for them the last couple of years? Not : very well, right?” said Zimmerman. “That’s why nerds shouldn’t do that : stuff.” : Zimmerman表示:最近幾年那個系統運作得如何?不好對吧!!那就是為什麼笨蛋不應該做 那些工作!! Nerds! “Ryan Zimmerman Thinks You Are All A Bunch Of Nerds,” wrote : Deadspin. “Ryan Zimmerman thinks “nerds” should not do playoff projections, : ” wrote Hardball Talk. Nerds! said the rest of the Internet. : Well, Zimmerman was on ESPN 980′s Sports Fix Friday afternoon, and Thom : Loverro — a longtime antagonist of stats lovers — brought up the nerds : quote. (Audio here.) Zimmerman immediately groaned and laughed, saying he had : made that nerds! quip “in casual talk” with Boz. Deadspin寫到:笨蛋!!!Zimmerman認為你們都是一群笨蛋。Hardball Talk寫到: Zimmerman認為笨蛋不應該做季後賽預測!Zimmerman在禮拜五下午的 ESPN 980′s Sports Fix和一位長期數據反對者Thom Loverro在一起。談到這些笨蛋的引用, Zimmerman馬上大笑,說道他對這些笨蛋.....(這句不會翻) : “I have nothing against nerds, believe me,” Zimmerman said. “I’m just, I’ : m so tired – not just in baseball, in every sport – of the new infatuation : with stats and numbers and using this stuff to compare players. The best : thing about sports is people can hit the same in the first inning and the : ninth inning, but you’re trying to tell me that you’re gonna take someone : other than Derek Jeter in the playoffs in the ninth inning? If Derek Jeter’s : hitting .150, I’m taking Derek Jeter, compared to a guy hitting .450. That’ : s something that you can’t put in the numbers. You know, the new way to : compare people, it’s been a hit, or whatever people want to call it. And : some of it’s true; I’m not saying all of its wrong. But the great thing : about sports is how people handle pressure and how people handle adversity, : and there’s just no way that numbers can do that justice.” : Loverro and Sheehan both chimed in, mostly in agreement, and then opened the : floor to Zimmerman again. Zimmerman表示:我沒有要針對這些笨蛋,我只是很疲憊,不只是棒球,在每個運動項目 中,在這對數據和數字朝迷的風潮下,用這些去比較球員們。棒球運動最棒的地方在於 人們可以在第一局和第九局打出同樣的東西。但是你要說服我你要在季後賽的第九局裡 把Jeter換成其他人?!如果JeterK的打擊率只有一成五,我仍然會選Jeter,跟一個打擊 率四成五的比較。那是一種你不能用數字衡量的東西。你知道,這是一種新的方式去比 較選手,這是一個衝擊,或是你想叫他甚麼都好。而那一有一部份是對的,我不是說全 部都是錯的。但是我覺得運動美好的地方在於選手們如何調適壓力和克服逆境,而這是 數據和數字完全無法客觀呈現的!Loverro和Sheehan大致上同意Zimmerman的看法。 : “It’s gotten, I don’t want to say out of hand, because it’s part of the : game, and part of every sport now is this huge fantasy football market, or : fantasy baseball,” Zimmerman said. “And it’s good for the game, because it : gets us more fans who might have never paid attention to baseball before. And : that’s what this game is all about, is getting fans and having people watch : the game and grow the game. But it gets to a point sometimes where they do so : many comparisons and so many stats. Just let people go out and play the game. : It kind of gets away from what baseball’s really about.” : Still, the hosts promised Zimmerman, he would hear more about this quote. Zimmerman說,我不想說這是比賽的一部份,而現在每種運動的很大部分是幻想的橄欖球 市場或是棒球。(????)而這對比賽有好處,因為這讓那些不曾對棒球產生注意力的人們 產生關注。而這就是比賽的目的:得到球迷,讓人們進場看球。然而發展成有時候他們 做了太多的比較和數據,就讓選手們去比賽吧!這有點脫離棒球的真義了。 “Oh, I woke up this morning and I already heard about it,” he said with a : laugh. “I didn’t even remember it. I talk with Boz all the time. Boz is : great, he’s one of the smartest writers out there and loves the game. And I : woke up this morning, and honestly, I didn’t even remember saying that. We : were just talking at my locker about stats, about things like that. I didn’t : mean any harm by it. You know, whatever. It wasn’t meant to do any damage.” : This nerd thinks it’s all good. And also would like more outtakes from the : Boz locker room sessions. : 我今早起床我就聽到這件事了,他笑道。我甚至不記得了,我常跟Boz聊天,Boz是個好 人,他是個聰明又熱愛比賽的作家。而今早起床的時候,老實說,我甚至不記得我有說 過那樣的話,我們只是在我的更衣室內討論數據之類的事情,我沒有任何不敬的意思。 沒有任何有傷害人的意思。我些笨事情是好的,看起來更像是Boz的斷章取義。 As for the Nats bats, Zimmerman was asked what hitters are saying to each : other as they try to exit this season-long slump. : “Nobody’s more frustrated than us,” he said. “And we might not show it. : That’s just kind of how we’re wired. And we have to deal with the media and : other people, but there’s nobody on the planet that’s more disappointed and : frustrated than us right now. And we’re doing everything we can to work and : try and get better and score more runs. At this level the coaches can only do : so much. The first people to always get the blame are Rick [Eckstein], the : hitting coach, and Davey. But when it comes down to it, we’re grown men : playing baseball. And when we get to the batter’s box, it’s US up there. : And in the end, we’re the ones that have to make the adjustments, we’re the : ones that have to get better. They can only tell us so much. We have to go up : there and do it, and score runs.” : Also, nerds! 而談到國民隊的打擊,Zimmerman被問到打者之間有說甚麼來討離這季的低潮嗎?! 他表示:沒有人比我們更沮喪了,而且我們不能表現出來。這真是怪極了,而且我們要 和媒體和其他人打交道,但是我想這世界上沒有人比我們更沮喪和失望的了。我們正 極盡任何努力去嘗試變好和得更多分。在這個階段教練只能做的就是這樣了!每次最先被 指責的都是我們的打教--Rick Eckstein和Davey,而當我們站在打擊區時,就只有我們 了。到最後,我們是那個需要去調整的人,我們是需要變好的人。他們只能告訴我們這 麼多。我們需要走出去,做到他。得更多分!!!! 初次翻譯,請多指教!!!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.121.177.92

06/03 02:31, , 1F
Nerd翻作宅男應該會好些
06/03 02:31, 1F

06/03 02:35, , 2F
P幣已送出 樓上要翻我也送喔XD
06/03 02:35, 2F

06/03 09:54, , 3F
那我就....恭敬不如從命了 Orz
06/03 09:54, 3F

06/03 09:57, , 4F
過度重視數據
06/03 09:57, 4F