[洋基] Cashman addresses hot-button issues

看板NY-Yankees作者 (超級跳tone人)時間14年前 (2010/02/14 13:07), 編輯推噓4(401)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
Cashman addresses hot-button issues Bryan Hoch posted on February 13, 2010 at 2:42 PM I'm playing catch-up on this, but Yankees general manager Brian Cashman spoke on Thursday at the University of New Haven in Connecticut and addressed several hot-button topics that fans have been curious about. Via the Register Citizen's Joe Morelli, with a hat tip to the iYankees blog for linking it first: On not negotiating new contracts with Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera right now, and some more context about Johnny Damon -- "The industry the last two free agent markets seems to be going downward and the player's ages are going upward," Cashman said. "It makes more sense to be patient. My attitude is if this is the place you want to be, you will make it happen. Johnny Damon professed his love for the Yankees, wanted to be here and was given every chance to be here. He's not here anymore and I don't feel that is the Yankees' fault. They have to reconcile why they are not here, not me. "If people want to be here and be a part of something, then find a way to work it out. Of course we want (Jeter, Rivera and Girardi) back, but we choose to delay that until the end of the year." On the Yankees' two-year, $14 million offer to Damon -- "I told (Damon and Boras), 'I don't know if Hal (Steinbrenner, the team's part owner) would approve it, but I'm not going to fight for it unless we know you will do it,'" Cashman said. "Scott Boras said, 'Bobby Abreu's (new) contract is $9 million a year right now on the table so why would we do that? So I expect to see a Bobby Abreu contract.' ... I hope he does not sign for something less than our offer. That means he should have been a Yankee and that's not our fault." On how the Yankees' budget looks for 2010 -- "If you ask everyone in the room if they would rather not have Curtis Granderson because he costs X amount of dollars and Andy Pettitte because he costs X amount, that gives you more money to sign the left fielder who is dear to your heart in Johnny Damon," Cashman said. "If you ask most people right now, what would you rather have moving forward, I think they would say they need Andy Pettitte for the rotation and Curtis Granderson because he's an all-star center fielder who hit 30 homers at Comerica Park last year, who steals bases and is (7) years younger. You can't have everything." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.231.194.54 ※ 編輯: ninini 來自: 61.231.194.54 (02/14 13:18)

02/14 16:32, , 1F
我看的懂!!!!!"@@"
02/14 16:32, 1F

02/14 19:15, , 2F
快喔喔!!!不然人家以為我們看不懂XDDD
02/14 19:15, 2F

02/14 19:38, , 3F
$man:耐心才不會變凱子
02/14 19:38, 3F

02/15 00:23, , 4F
$man真的很不爽Boras.......
02/15 00:23, 4F