Re: [轉錄]Lou Gehrig 70週年

看板NY-Yankees作者 (背負著三號的男人)時間15年前 (2009/07/03 07:34), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串3/6 (看更多)
※ 引述《wjmandy (小銘仔)》之銘言: : 有人問到Lou Gehrig 得什麼病 : 他得的是Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) : 中文稱為肌萎縮性脊髓側索硬化症 : 如果不是這個病的話 他的紀錄會更驚人 : 從1925年5月2日開始的14年間 連續出賽2130場 : 直到1939年4月30日因為身體狀況不佳才中斷 : 這個紀錄直到50年後才被巴爾的摩金鶯隊的Cal Ripken Jr.給打破 前幾天才在cclu大的blog看到有關Gehrig演講的影片, 當時只覺得這段退休演說很不錯,沒什麼特別的感覺。 不過剛剛查了一下Gehrig的生平, 才發覺他是在正值人生高峰時罹患罕疾, 並因而不得不離開球場,並在退休後兩年就過世了, 有著這樣的遭遇,還能在演講中這麼感恩, 也難怪這段演說這麼為人所稱頌了。 雖然悲傷,卻又帶給人們勇氣。 Lou Gehrig's speech(部分) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4msaZTJrTA
以下為演講全文: Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading about a bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. I have been in ballparks for seventeen years and have never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans. Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career to associate with them for even one day? Sure, I'm lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Jacob Ruppert - also the builder of baseball's greatest empire, Ed Barrow - to have spent the next nine years with that wonderful little fellow Miller Huggins - then to have spent the next nine years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology - the best manager in baseball today, Joe McCarthy! Sure, I'm lucky. When the New York Giants, a team you would give your right arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift, that's something! When everybody down to the groundskeepers and those boys in white coats remember you with trophies, that's something. When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sides with you in squabbles against her own daughter, that's something. When you have a father and mother who work all their lives so that you can have an education and build your body, it's a blessing! When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength and shown more courage than you dreamed existed, that's the finest I know. So I close in saying that I might have had a tough break - but I have an awful lot to live for! -- 傑米,炸掉它吧。 ⊙─ ─⊙▂⊙ 碰到問題,用C4就對了! █◤ Adam Savage James Hyneman MYTHBUSTERS by dajidali -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.122.86.138

07/03 09:32, , 1F
ALS就是俗稱的漸凍人,英文俗稱就是Lou Gehrig's Disease
07/03 09:32, 1F

07/03 10:06, , 2F
在兩種領域都留名也不簡單了
07/03 10:06, 2F

07/03 15:43, , 3F
我真的很愛這個簽名檔
07/03 15:43, 3F

07/03 17:27, , 4F
推傑英
07/03 17:27, 4F