Re: [新聞] Baby Boss Bashes Bumbling Bombers

看板NY-Yankees作者 (淺灣月)時間16年前 (2008/05/14 15:53), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/4 (看更多)
接上頁,漏掉:P "This is going to get turned around," Steinbrenner said. "If it's not turned around this year, then it will be turned around next year, by force if we have too." You might consider that a warning shot over the bow of the front office, including GM Brian Cashman. Kei Igawa's $46 million flop has not helped matters. In fact that's $2 million more than the entire payroll of the Rays. He praised the work of Chien-Ming Wang , Mariano Rivera and Joba Chamberlain , and said Mike Mussina and Darrell Rasner have done a good job as well. He said the future rotation looks bright with youngsters Chamberlain, the injured Phil Hughes, Ian Kennedy and last year's top pick Andrew Brackman. Steinbrenner also defended Chamberlain's emotional fist pumping. "He's a great kid and I'm behind him 100 percent and he's not the only pitcher to do that," he said, citing Boston's Jonathan Papelbon. "Joba is special to me and he means no malice by what he does." Steinbrenner said the Yankees will do what they've always done on the free-agent market and trade route. "We'll add whoever we have to add," he said. "We're missing two big pieces, but this is basically the same lineup as last year. I have great faith in all of them." As for the Rays, Steinbrenner said, "I'm happy for them, but I wish they were in the National League." He said he wishes more fans would see the improved ballclub. "They only had 13,000 there (Monday) night," Steinbrenner said. "That place should be packed. They're an exciting young team." Right now it's the young inexpensive Rays, not the Yankees, who are battling the Red Sox for first place in the AL East. kevin.kernan@nypost.com ※ 編輯: simew 來自: 61.229.178.248 (05/14 16:01)

05/14 16:13, , 1F
Moose 被他讚過後會不會又炸了......XD
05/14 16:13, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #18Affm0z (NY-Yankees)
文章代碼(AID): #18Affm0z (NY-Yankees)