[新聞] Yankees Note (2007/08/28)

看板NY-Yankees作者 (rresonance)時間17年前 (2007/08/29 22:15), 編輯推噓11(1103)
留言14則, 12人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070828&content_id=2175423&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy 08/28/2007 2:30 PM ET Notes: Britton added to bullpen Optioning Henn, Yankees proceed without lefty in relief By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com NEW YORK -- Each time Sean Henn returned to the dugout in Detroit, Yankees pitching coach Ron Guidry and manager Joe Torre inquired of his strength level, wondering if he had enough to keep going under thankless mopup relief conditions. 每次韓恩回到底特律球場休息室 老托和老古都要問他的狀況 His arm and ego feeling well enough to go on, Henn kept taking the ball, even though he knew his rapidly escalating pitch count would likely put him out of action for the Red Sox series. 他的手臂和自尊都足夠讓他向前 但爆炸的投球數讓他在對紅襪系列賽要缺席 "I've sat down in that bullpen for 15 days because of circumstances without throwing," Henn said. "Any time they give me an opportunity to throw, I'm going to say, 'Yes.'" 他說 他坐在牛棚15 天都沒工作 所以一有機會 他就說 好 The 25-year-old left-hander's reward for 2 2/3 innings of nine-run, eight-hit ball? An option to Triple-A, as the Yankees restocked their bullpen for Boston by promoting right-hander Chris Britton from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. 韓恩的成績...送回去3A 叫上Chris Britton Britton returned to New York for his fourth stint with the Major League club this season, lending the Yankees a durable arm that had excelled in Minor League duty. Britton was 4-2 with eight saves and a 2.51 ERA in 37 appearances at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. 這是他本季第四次回到大聯盟 "I was just going to go back down there and keep on doing what I'm doing," Britton said. "I was trying to stay sharp, just in case I got a call back up." Britton場面話 Though optioning Henn leaves the Yankees without a left-handed reliever, Torre said the team would be able to lean upon right-hander Luis Vizcaino in a tight spot to get a left-handed batter out if necessary. Historically, Vizcaino has held lefties to a .230 batting average, though this year they have hit him at a .248 clip. 雖然牛棚沒有左投手 但老托說必要時可以用LV 他被左打平均打擊率.230 但今年是.248 In the meantime, the Yankees are moderately curious to see what they can garner from Britton, a pitcher with a husky build who limited opponents to a .236 average at Triple-A. 洋基隊也好奇Britton的表現 "He seems to get people out," Torre said. "We noticed that here last time; even though he's not overpowering, he must have late movement on the ball. They weren't hitting it on the fat part of the bat." 老托說 他似乎可以讓打者出局  Britton, who learned of his promotion Monday after Scranton/Wilkes-Barre completed its 11-2 victory over Ottawa, had been the subject of much discussion among fans on Internet message boards and blogs, citing his solid Triple-A numbers as a reason to consider his promotion. 很多網路鄉民討論Britton But Britton, who appeared in 52 games last season for the Baltimore Orioles before coming over in the Jaret Wright trade, said he was unaware of the frequent posts, which gained momentum as Yankees relievers slogged through a disappointing 2-5 road trip to Anaheim and Detroit. Britton是和金鶯隊交換Jaret Wright來到洋基 "I really don't use the Internet too much, except for sending e-mails back home," Britton said. 他說 除了Email回家 他不上網 Home, to Fort Worth, Texas, is where Henn is believed to be heading. His wife, Tiffany, expects to give birth to the couple's first child, a daughter named Tatum, on Sunday. Unable to pitch for at least two days because of his extensive workload on Monday, Henn said he hoped to be present for the birth before joining the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre club. 韓恩要回家 因為老婆快要生了  Moose pushed out: Before Tuesday's game, Torre and Guidry had a conversation with Mike Mussina to evaluate the struggling right-hander's physical and mental state, revealing to the veteran that his next start will be skipped in favor of highly touted prospect Ian Kennedy, who has impressed at Triple-A recently after beginning this season at Class A. 老托和老古和穆帥討論他的狀況 但要從3A拉上甘迺迪 "He was disappointed," Torre said of Mussina. "That's one of the tough conversations to have to have. He was down about it. But he's a teammate -- he was out there at the end of the game, shaking hands like everybody else." 老托說穆帥很失望 這樣的談話很難 但他還是球隊的一員 賽後還是和大家握手 就像其他人一樣 Mussina was hit hard for the third consecutive start on Monday at Detroit, lasting just three innings and allowing six runs, marking the first time in his career that the 38-year-old has surrendered at least six runs in three consecutive starts. 穆帥最近三場被打得很慘 可說是生涯最慘 Most baffling to Torre, the manager said, is that Mussina's pregame warmups in each of the three starts -- one at New York, one at Anaheim and one at Detroit -- were all considered good and as close to normal as possible. Mussina did not speak to reporters before Tuesday's game, but his postgame comments in Detroit left the impression of a pitcher with shaken confidence. 這三場的賽前 穆帥都感覺不錯 他和記者的談話可以感覺到他的信心動搖 "Right now, I let go of [the ball] and I don't feel anything good is going to happen," Mussina said before boarding the team charter flight. "It's tough to pitch that way. You can't play the game that way, to feel you have no control over anything, and that's how I feel right now." 穆帥發表談話 Torre suggested that because Mussina appeared to have little physically wrong -- he did hint that the strained right hamstring that sidelined him in April is still "sore" -- the recent struggles could have more to do with the veteran's mental standing. 雖然穆帥曾表示四月受傷的部位還有點酸痛 但最近的掙扎應該和心理狀態比較有關 "It could be an emotional thing, trying to come into the game and trying to do too much," Torre said. "It's easy for me to be that voice of reason saying, 'Forget about that last start.' You still have to go out there and make it better." 老托說 這跟情緒有關 太用力 說忘掉上一場比賽繼續下去 這很簡單 That's the life: Hideki Matsui has spoken of the designated hitter role as a nice treat, something that he enjoys in moderation. But with both of his knees aching, Matsui is getting more of a taste of DH than he may have anticipated. 松井因為膝蓋痛 所以還蠻喜歡打DH Johnny Damon assumed Matsui's spot in left field while Matsui gave DH a whack again on Tuesday, the fourth time in the last six games that Matsui has served that role. Matsui has been more productive in his limited designated hitter duty, batting .338 with five home runs and 23 RBIs in his first 19 games there. Matsui is batting .299 with 18 home runs and 67 RBIs in 99 games where he has played the outfield. 松井打DH 大門就守左外野 而松井打DH成績很好 Bombers bits: The Yankees are 29-11 in their last 40 home games. ... Monday's game at Detroit marked the Yankees' largest margin of defeat in club history for a road shutout loss. ... Scranton/Wilkes-Barre established a franchise record for attendance on Monday and will finish its first season in the Yankees system with a total attendance of 580,908. 洋基最近40場比賽29勝11負 星期一的比賽是隊史上....(**不想提**) 農場3A觀眾人數創紀錄 Coming up: The Yankees continue their mid-week series with the Red Sox on Wednesday, sending right-hander Roger Clemens (5-5, 4.34 ERA) to the mound for the first Boston start of The Rocket's New York reprise. The Red Sox counter with right-hander Josh Beckett (16-5, 3.21 ERA), with first pitch from Yankee Stadium scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET on the YES Network and ESPN2. 接下來 還是對紅襪 老克vsBeckett (**洋基打線請讓Beckett勝投維持在16 並重溫一下去年當全壘打王的快感吧!**) Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.229.114.168

08/29 22:42, , 1F
全壘打王!!!
08/29 22:42, 1F

08/29 22:46, , 2F
幫他衝全壘打數吧!!
08/29 22:46, 2F

08/29 22:54, , 3F
原來韓恩要當爸爸了
08/29 22:54, 3F

08/29 22:57, , 4F
老實說 我從去年就覺得貝基特會成為紅襪的強投之一
08/29 22:57, 4F