[閒聊] Wagner dealing with dead arm

看板NY-Mets作者 (David Allen Wright)時間16年前 (2007/08/26 20:06), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
http://tinyurl.com/2r8q3k Wagner dealing with dead arm Closer expects to be back soon, will evaluate status Sunday By Anthony DiComo / MLB.com -- Dead Arm Syndrome:基本上就是整條手臂感覺麻木不適的感覺, 當手臂使用過度時可能會發生。 http://tinyurl.com/2t2hx4 <- Wiki 定義 -- Mets closer Billy Wagner considered playing a joke on the New York media following Saturday's 4-3 win over the Dodgers by wearing a sling on his left arm -- the same left arm that remained on the bench in a save situation -- around the clubhouse after the game. Wagner 本來想在今天贏球之後上用三角巾把他的左手臂吊起來來惡搞一下記者。 今天有救援機會的時候他並沒有上場。 An innocent prank, but its implications may not be so benign. Wagner was unavailable on Saturday with a dead arm, voluntarily excusing himself before the game from manager Willie Randolph's plans. 他可能只是真心開玩笑,但是這並不代表什麼好事。他在這場球賽因為出現了 dead arm 症狀而在球賽前就自動退出了。 "It happens to everybody," Wagner said. "It's something that just kind of comes up, so you just take a day." Or perhaps more than a day. Wagner said he wouldn't decide about his availability until he arrived at the park on Sunday, leaving open the possibility that he could miss several days. Wagner:"這種事每個人都會遇到,而且就這麼發生了,所以就休個一天假盃。" 或著...不只一天。Wagner 也說明天到球場前他也不確定自己會不會好,表示他 也有可能需要休養好幾天。 He insisted that his control and velocity remained unchanged, but said that the benefits of rest far outweighed the benefits of pitching with the condition. "I could go, but we've got guys in the bullpen who can go out there and do that job," Wagner said. "Once in a while, it's good to take a blow." 他說自己的球速跟控球都 OK,不過休息一下可能比硬撐下去要好的多。 "我是可以上啦,不過我們的牛棚都是人才,要解決比賽容易的很。" "有時候,給他們有機會磨練一下也是不錯的。" ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 提醒:閱讀下文前請先有心理準備 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Aaron Heilman replaced Wagner as the closer, allowing a lone single before ending the game with a double play. "It pretty much proves that our bullpen isn't one-dimensional," Wagner said. "They can do more than just pitch in their roles. It's not hard to be a closer. He went out there and did better than I would have done." Heilman 接下了今天關門的工作,今天成功守住。 Wagner:"看吧,這就表示他們不只會作自己份內的事。當關門人沒那麼難的。" "我今天上去投,也不會比他更好。" Nobody -- not Randolph, not Wagner -- told Heilman before the game that he would be the closer. But Wagner knew upon entering the ballpark that he wasn't going to pitch, and Heilman said he had an inkling that he would be tapped should a save situation arise. 沒人跟 Heilman 說過他今天要負責關門,不過 Wagner 賽前就確定沒辦法上場了, 因此 Heilman 說他那時就有預感,如果今天比分接近的話,嘿嘿。 He said he'll be ready for as long as he's needed, which, according to Wagner, could be a day or could be a week. "You always want to be in those types of situations," Heilman said. "You want to be in games that you have the chance to win. That's why we're here. We're here to win." 他說,只要有需要他代勞--據 Wagner 說,可能要一天到一星期--他就會準備好。 "你總是希望在這種時機上場,在有機會贏球的情況下上場。這就是我們打拼的原因。 我們是來贏球的。" There's been concern surrounding Wagner in recent days, ever since he ended July without allowing a single run. He allowed multiple hits in four of his first five August outings, the fifth of which marked his first blown save since June. This week, he's pitched three times, allowing at least one run in every game. And since August began, opposing batters are hitting him at a .354 clip. 最近有人對 Wagner 的狀況提出了質疑。 雖然他整個七月都沒有丟掉分數,但在八月,他前五場出賽有四場被打超過一支安打, 第五場更吞下了 BS。本週他出賽三場,三次都掉了分。 還有,他八月的被打擊率是 0.354......O.o Wagner had pitched in two straight games entering Saturday's play, and three of the team's last four. That included a non-save situation on Friday night, after which Wagner said that he hadn't particularly wanted to pitch. "I didn't need to come in [with] a four-run lead," Wagner said after allowing a run to close that gap to three. "It's one of those situations where if they're a grand slam out, I'm going to be in the game. We've done that all year long, and you expect that. "I don't like being in there, it's just that I have to be in there." 今天之前 Wagner 連續出賽了兩場,最近四場的第三次。 而且第三場領先四分,Wagner 掉了一分,說沒有 SVO 的情況下他不怎麼想出來。 "還差四分,這根本就用不到我來嘛。如果他們打一支滿貫就能逆轉,我才需要上去。 這是我們一整年的做法,你也覺得該這樣。" "我不想在那種時候上場,只是沒辦法。" -- 記得去年有一回地鐵大戰也是贏四分給 Wagner 上,結果他控球完全走樣,被洋基逆轉。 所以他真的是不愛投領先很多分的球囉...... 不過文章也沒有提到很多他最近表現抖抖的原因,只能希望休息一陣子會好一些了。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.121.14.120
文章代碼(AID): #16qMpBYz (NY-Mets)
文章代碼(AID): #16qMpBYz (NY-Mets)