[翻譯] Less Power, More Glory

看板Matsuzaka_18作者 (noctem)時間16年前 (2007/10/06 13:58), 編輯推噓6(603)
留言9則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
這篇應該是比賽之前出來的。 http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1036130 Less power, more glory That’s plan for Dice-K By Rob Bradford / Baseball Friday, October 5, 2007 - Updated 17h ago The analysis was nothing new to the Red Sox [team stats] pitching staff. “As you get power- and velocity-oriented, you begin to lose feel for the secondary and offspeed pitches,” said pitching coach John Farrell. “There was a little bit of a mindset that he had to go harder, harder and harder to get through that.” 對紅襪的投手群們來說,這種分析並不新鮮。 「當你太倚賴力量和球速,你會失去對次要球種和變化球的感覺,」投手教練 John Farrell 說。「這時候他會有一點需要投用力一點、更用力一點、再用力 一點才能撐過的心態。」 The words had floated through the air throughout Josh Beckett [stats]’s first season with the Red Sox. But this year they apply to someone else. Josh Beckett 在紅襪的第一個球季,就有這種說法了。不過,今年這對 另一個投手也適用。 In case you haven’t noticed, this year’s Daisuke Matsuzaka is last year’s Beckett. 如果你還沒注意到:今年的松坂大輔就是去年的 Beckett. “There was the urge of going harder rather than staying with an approach of staying with all of his pitches,” Farrell said of tonight’s starter, “including his offspeed.” 「他會有更用力投、而不是用現有的方法好好投現有球種的傾向,」Farrell 這麼說今晚的先發,「即使變化球他也這樣投。」 Sound familiar? For Beckett, last year’s battle to integrate his offspeed stuff in key situations was well-documented. And it all stemmed from the same kind of unfamiliarity that Matsuzaka has endured this year, starting with getting on the same page with catcher Jason Varitek [stats]. 聽起來好像很熟悉嗎? 對 Beckett 來說,去年他把變化球應用在關鍵狀況的掙扎過程已經被報導 了不少。一切始於松坂今年也面對到的不熟悉,從同意捕手 Jason Varitek 的配球開始。 “I see how much work he puts into that stuff,” Beckett said in spring training regarding his work with Varitek in ’06. “It’s one of those deals where you want to trust him, and I wish I would have done that more often because I probably would have thrown more curveballs in different counts. I almost felt like I was cheating myself by not saying anything.” 「我看得到他做了多少努力,」Beckett 春訓期間談到他與 Varitek 在 06 年的合作時說。「這是你必須相信他的情形,而我希望我當時有多聽他一點。 如果那樣,我可能會在不同球數的情況下多投一些 curveball。我覺得如果 我不講就是騙自己。」(?) This year, Beckett made a point of relying on offspeed pitches in pivotal spots. For instance, he threw just two more pitches to left-handed hitters this season than last year, but went with 106 more curveballs to lefties. 今年,Beckett 在關鍵時刻更靠他的變化球。比如說,本球季他對左打者 只比去年多投了兩球(?),但對左打者多投了 106 個 curveball. (?)指的是平均多花兩球解決左打者嗎? The Red Sox made sure Matsuzaka didn’t wait until his second year to make necessary changes. Following his Sept. 8 debacle against Baltimore, in which he surrendered eight runs over 2 2/3innings, the Sox made it clear that throwing the curveball during tough times had to become a priority. 紅襪希望松坂不要等到第二年才開始改變。從他九月八日對金鶯投出 2 2/3 局失八分的比賽之後,紅襪清楚表示在危急時刻要以投 curveball 為優先。 “We talked with him and ’Tek to formulate a little bit of a game plan,” Farrell said. “His work sessions between starts became where he would throw his curveball a little bit more to regain some of that feeling and consistency with it. 「我們和他以及 Tek 談了談,並擬了一個攻略計畫,」Farrell 說。「他 在出賽之間的練投中會多練些 curveball,以便抓到球感和穩定性。」 “I think any pitcher goes through those stages (where) they lose it. I think that’s why it’s important that Josh uses it early in the game, so when he does need it in those situations, he has established (it) and can go to it.” 「我想任何一個投手都會經歷這種失去球感的階段。這是為什麼 Josh 在 球賽開頭用些[變化球]是是很重要的。這樣當他在需要變化球的時候,他 已經抓到了感覺並且可以投得出來。」 Matsuzaka had fallen into the same rut Beckett did last year, going to the fastball and hard pitches so much that the feeling of throwing his offspeed pitches escaped him. The example the Red Sox pointed to was Matsuzaka’s Sept. 3 outing against Toronto, in which he was cruising before giving up six runs during a fastball-laden sixth inning. 松坂掉入和去年的 Beckett 一樣的困境。他用猛投速球太多,失去了變化球 的球感。紅襪對松坂舉的例子是九月三號對多倫多的比賽,他本來投得很威, 直到猛飆速球、丟了六分的第六局。 “He was not throwing his curveball as much, and when he needed a strike he went to the cutter a lot of times because he was starting to rush a little bit, and the cutter allowed him to get his hand back on top of the zone,” Farrell explained. “It was a combination of a couple of things, but most importantly it was him acknowledging that he had to throw offspeed stuff for strikes early in the game so it was something he could go to in key situations.” 「他的 curveball 投得比以前少, 當他需要把打者三振時,他便常用 cutter, 因為他開始急躁起來。Cutter 讓他能把好球帶上方掌握住(?),」Farrell 解釋。「這是很多因素造成的,不過最重要的,他知道他需要在比賽開始時用 變化球搶些好球數,這樣在關鍵時刻他才有變化球可用。」 The new plan was put on display in Matsuzaka’s last start of the regular season, in which he threw 13 pitches of 83 mph or less in the first four innings. 新的作戰攻略在松坂正規球季的最後一場比賽顯示成效。他在前四局中投了 13 球 83mph 或以下的球。 The next step is to start integrating a changeup that Matsuzaka is still battling to regain the feel for. 下一步則是加入松坂仍掙扎著找回球感的 changeup. “He creates such action on (the changeup that) it’s important that he shows the opposition he can throw it for strikes,” Farrell said, “and that it’s something (the hitters) have to offer at when they see it again.” 「讓對手知道他能用 changeup 搶到好球是很重要的,」Farrell 說,「所以 打者再看到 changeup 時才有威脅感。」 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.192.157.71

10/06 14:02, , 1F
感謝翻譯 這篇解開了我不少疑惑Orz
10/06 14:02, 1F
noctem:轉錄至看板 RedSox 10/06 14:07

10/06 14:18, , 2F
感謝翻譯 辛苦了 (我最近比較懶...............)
10/06 14:18, 2F

10/06 14:27, , 3F
翻譯辛苦了
10/06 14:27, 3F

10/06 15:00, , 4F
我覺得是總數多兩球