Re: [心得] 為什麼MIT Sloan MBA,只錄取一個台灣人?

看板MBA作者 (ClearAdmit)時間10年前 (2013/11/05 14:27), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
抱歉因為很多申請者跟我說他們找不到我的補充說明,我就直接把它貼在這裡以便大家. 請看下面! Best, Kevin --------------------------------- Kevin Chen kevin@clearadmit.com Senior Admissions Counselor, Clear Admit LLC (http://www.clearadmit.com/) Stanford Graduate School of Business, class of 2005 Harvard Kennedy School of Government, class of 2000 Princeton University, class of 1994 Previous work experiences: McKinsey; NBA; Reuters Good article with great insights! As an MBA admissions consultant who works extensively with applicants in Taiwan and around the world to top schools, I'd like to add some additional observations to the author's well-taken points. First, a minor correction - MIT actually accepted two Taiwanese applicants this year, not one. I know that because I had the pleasure of working with both applicants. One of them decided to attend MIT; the other, who was also accepted at Stanford/Harvard/Wharton, chose to go to Stanford. Still, even having two accepted applicants is a very low number, and the factors that Rod cited are important reasons for why this number wasn't higher. On the other hand, another important reason for this low number is that many well-qualified Taiwan applicants did not apply to MIT. Of the eight Taiwan applicants I worked with who were accepted to the traditional "Big Three" (Harvard/Stanford/Wharton), only one of them completed the MIT application - and she was accepted. Another applicant began her MIT application but ceased it after she was accepted at Wharton. Of course this is not to say that all the other H/S/W applicants would have gotten into MIT if they had applied - it is very faulty logic to assume that "because applicant X got into school Y, she will definitely get into school Z". However, it is very possible that at least some of these highly qualified applicants would have gotten into MIT and therefore increased the total acceptance number. Keep in mind that two years ago, MIT accepted as many as nine Taiwan applicants, so it's hard to imagine that the interview skills and international perspectives of Taiwan applicants could disappear somehow in just two years :) Lastly, the fact that these H/S/W acceptees did not apply to MIT does NOT mean that the very top applicants in general do not consider MIT among the most elite schools; I can say with confidence that they absolutely do. What happened in Taiwan this year was an aberration. In the same year, many of the super applicants I worked with in other countries (including the U.S. and China) did apply to MIT, in addition to H/S/W, and some chose MIT over those other schools. While "real" school rankings pretty much never change from year to year (despite the efforts of some magazines and newspapers to make these rankings, umm, creative and logic-defying for the sake of drumming up attention), MIT is an exception. The school, its alums and its admissions office have done a great job in promoting and branding the school such that realistically, "Big Three" is now "Big Four", and MIT is routinely one of the top four schools to which the highest-qualified applicants seek admissions. Hope this helps! Good luck to all the applicants! Kevin Chen 回覆 · 12 · 讚 · 不再追蹤貼文 · 11月1日 10:52 Pierre Wang · Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Who is going to Sloan? I always like meeting new folks. 回覆 · 讚 · 11月1日 11:25 Kevin Chen · Clear Admit-Admissions Consultant Pierre Wang Good to hear from you Pierre, another one of my proud MIT admittees! Will email your privately to introduce you to my other clients who are now at MIT. 回覆 · 讚 · 11月1日 13:17 Michael Fei · 追蹤中 · Fei & Cheng Associates 宗邁建築師事務所員工 Kevin, I am curious if more of the Harvard/Stanford/Wharton people are applying to MIT in the 2013-2014 application year? 回覆 · 讚 · 11月1日 14:14 Kevin Chen · Clear Admit-Admissions Consultant Michael Fei Well it's still too early to tell in this new year, but so far in R1, among my clients, five clients have received interview invites from Harvard, seven have received invites from Wharton, two have received invites from Stanford and two have received invites from MIT. But Stanford, MIT and Wharton will still issue more invites for R1 (HBS has issued all its R1 invites), so the total numbers even for R1 aren't done yet - and keep in mind interview invites aren't the same as acceptances :) But so far, of the H/S/W invitees, three have applied to MIT. 回覆 · 讚 · 11月1日 15:18 Kevin Chen · Clear Admit-Admissions Consultant FYI several additional interview invites just came in - now it's up to four Stanford invites and eight Wharton invites! 回覆 · 2 · 讚 · 13 小時前 Kevin Chen · Clear Admit-Admissions Consultant Just to clarify, the above numbers are my client interview invites from around the world, not just in Taiwan. For Taiwan specifically, it's three HBS invites, four Wharton invites and one Stanford invite so far :) 回覆 · 讚 · 2 小時前 ※ 引述《ClearAdmit (ClearAdmit)》之銘言: : 哈哈我客戶們最近跟我講這篇文章已傳到PTT了! 的確是篇好文章,提供了很多寶貴訊息 : . 但還是要澄清一下,去年有兩位台灣申請者錄取MIT Sloan,不是一位 (一位是指最後 : 選擇去念MIT的;還有一位選擇去念Stanford). 但當然兩位錄取者還是很少, 原因除了 : 作者提供的正確分析之外,還有一些其他因素和數據我在文章後面做補充說明,希望有助 : 大家更深入了解! : Best, : Kevin : --------------------------------- : Kevin Chen : kevin@clearadmit.com : Senior Admissions Counselor, Clear Admit LLC (http://www.clearadmit.com/) : Stanford Graduate School of Business, class of 2005 : Harvard Kennedy School of Government, class of 2000 : Princeton University, class of 1994 : Previous work experiences: McKinsey; NBA; Reuters : ※ 引述《jujubean (lucky star~*)》之銘言: : : MIT Sloan MBA今年只收了一位台灣人,於是有天下午, : : 我去找替MBA錄取把關25年的Sr. Director of Admission當面聊, : : 想瞭解為什麼沒有收更多台灣學生? : : 台灣申請者和國際相較之下有哪些不足? : : 可以怎麼增強自己的實力? : : 這篇訪談盡可能忠實呈現多年來在世界各地閱人無數的Mr. Rod Garcia : : 對台灣人才的看法和建議。希望無論你要找工作,念MBA,或創業,都對你有一點點幫助! : : 若你覺得這篇文章對你的某個朋友會有幫助,也歡迎轉送給他 :) : : http://womany.net/read/article/3585 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.136.19.128

11/05 15:05, , 1F
感謝! 不然還真令人擔心
11/05 15:05, 1F

11/05 15:15, , 2F
感謝~~~
11/05 15:15, 2F

11/05 18:02, , 3F
感謝分享
11/05 18:02, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1IU8-xuQ (MBA)
文章代碼(AID): #1IU8-xuQ (MBA)