Re: Can I Go To Kellogg for I-Banking?

看板MBA作者 (超級忙 吼!!!!)時間12年前 (2012/01/04 23:02), 編輯推噓0(001)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
One of Kellogg class 2013 Taiwanese students' goal essay for Kellogg is about Investment Banking. I believe as long as your story is logical and convincing, you would have chance to get into Kellogg. Hope this example helps! ※ 引述《jonfrank (Precision Essay)》之銘言: : QUESTION: : I am in the process of deciding on my second deadline schools (I know… Iˆm : a bit late on the uptake here). Iˆve been reading your blog for awhile and : your advice to ¨go to the best school you can〃 kind of makes sense, but I : have a question. : Do you think it holds true irrespective of my goals? : For example, say if my goals relate to I-Banking; do you advise me to go to : Kellogg instead of Stern or Cornell? When I try to answer the ¨why Kellogg〃 : question, donˆt you think it sounds unrealistic to the adcom that I say my : goals are in IB and Kellogg is my first choice? Do you think I should choose : schools based on my goals or at least have different goals in the : applications for different schools? : ANSWER: : Another great question up in here. And, as usual, one we see every day. The : key here is, as you know, to go to the best school you can get into. : ) And : this inevitably leads to some consternation from our peers on the forums. But : such is life. : Here is the way to do it dude: Yes, tell Kellogg that you wanna go there to : do banking. Shouldnˆt be too hard to convince ¯em of the fact. For example, : are you all about teamwork? Suuuure you are. Kellogg is the place for you. Do : you wanna maybe run JP Morgan one day? If so, you might wanna talk to Prof. : David Stowell about that. He ran the Midwest biz for the firm. There are : PLENTY of heavy hitters there. : And Kellogg needs bankers too, dude. Every school does. Sure, some ¨ : specialize〃 in certain areas, but every school will prepare you for whatever : it is you want to do post-MBA. In fact, getting a banking job from Kellogg : will be even easier than it would be, in many ways, out of Stern. Just : imagine how much less competition there will be… : At the end of the day, your b-school experience is what you make of it, so do : your research on Kellogg, find out what Kellogg has to offer for you : specifically, and build that into your ¨Why Kellogg〃 essay. : Hope this helps, and good luck! : – Jon Frank : http://www.precisionessay.com -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 165.124.118.7 ※ 編輯: bensonn 來自: 165.124.117.129 (01/05 08:04)

01/05 20:38, , 1F
感謝分享~~~
01/05 20:38, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1F16dpwQ (MBA)
文章代碼(AID): #1F16dpwQ (MBA)