Re: [請益] trace or PRO

看板Linguistics作者 (美麗監小布舞曲)時間16年前 (2008/02/19 09:04), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《gimepower (飛行者)》之銘言: : Indicate what the covert element is (a PRO or a trace) in each of the : following sentences. : 1. We tried ------ to win. We tried [PRO to win] PRO is the subject of the embedded non finite clause, which get agent thera role. PRO is a caseless element, so it doesn't move for case checking. PRO is a null DP for satisfying EPP and Theta Criterion. The controller of the PRO is "we"--->Subject conrtrol : 2. They persuade Mary -----to stay. Mary gets its theta role (theme) when it is after "persuade." Therefore, Mary cannot get 2nd theta role from "to stay." [They] persuade [Mary] [PRO to stay] -->object control : 3. John is likely ------to win. The phrasal markers of the original tree is [ [ is likely [ [ John to win] CP TP1 CP TP2 John starts off SpecTP2 because it gets agent theta role there. However, TP2 is a non-finite clause where predicate "to win" is unable to assign case, so John is forced to raise to the next position to have its case checked. (DP movement) It moves to SpecTP1 and gets NOM case. ---> subject raising : 4. John got -----thrown into jail. I am not sure about the answer for (4), but I believe John starts off the position after "thrown" so that John get's theme theta role. However, passive predicate "thrown" cannot assign case to John, so John must move to SecTP to get NOM case checked. I think this is a raising structure. In a raising structure, trace (traces) occur to mark the original position of a DP. : PRO是指什麼?? : 這題又該怎麼做呢??要怎麼分辨該放PRO or trace?? : 想請大家幫幫忙~~~ : 謝謝 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 24.3.203.240

02/19 10:13, , 1F
挖~~好詳細~~^^ 謝謝你~~
02/19 10:13, 1F

02/21 17:15, , 2F
我怎麼記得只有subject control
02/21 17:15, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #17kYinvO (Linguistics)
討論串 (同標題文章)
本文引述了以下文章的的內容:
完整討論串 (本文為第 2 之 2 篇):
文章代碼(AID): #17kYinvO (Linguistics)