Re: [外電] 哈佛大學是訓練林書豪最完美的地方

看板Knicks作者 (晃阿晃阿)時間12年前 (2012/02/21 00:50), 編輯推噓8(806)
留言14則, 7人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《farain (冰啤酒)》之銘言: : http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/chris_dortch/02/17/lin-college : -break/index.html : 縮網址 : http://goo.gl/nFtwz : 這篇用另外的角度去觀察林書豪坎坷的際遇對他籃球技巧的影響,裡面也說明當初 : 史丹佛大學不選他的原因,蠻值得一看的,不過我英文太爛就不要在這翻譯獻醜了 : 全文如下: : Eight games and two weeks into worldwide Linsanity, all everyone wants to : talk about is how New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin could have been : overlooked by so many people who make their living evaluating talent. 全世界在這兩個禮拜裡的陷入所謂的 "林來瘋", 所有人都想知道這位Knicks 的控衛林書豪 為什麼被現場的評估人員給忽略 : From coaches at about 340 NCAA Division I schools to a couple of NBA general : managers who released him, to even his current employer, which had played him : all of 55 minutes in his first 23 games before injuries forced his insertion : into the starting lineup, it seems no one understood the power of Lin -- : until he was given the big stage on which to perform.    從340所NCAA Division I的學校到NBA的釋出他的GM, 甚至現在的球隊在他前  23場比賽也只讓他打了55分鐘直到有人受傷才被迫放他進球員名單。  看起來沒有人知道林書豪的厲害,直到他終於有了表現的舞台。 : But here's the real story: When all those D-I teams -- even Stanford, located : across the street from where Lin played high school basketball -- took a pass : on him in 2006, Lin caught the break of his life. Because the one school that : believed his intangible strengths would one day trump his more obvious : physical limitations was Harvard, which would eventually be coached by a : former point guard. : Make that a great former point guard who saw in Lin the same potential to be : special.  這是個真實的故事:包含在他高中對面的Stanford在內,當所有D-I的球隊都忽略他  的時候,但是林書豪很幸運的獲得哈佛的肯定。哈佛的教練也是名控衛,他發現林有  成為偉大控衛的特質 : Lin played just one year for the coach who recruited him, Frank Sullivan, who : was fired in 2007. His replacement was Tommy Amaker, who as a player at Duke : became an All-American and helped coach Mike Krzyzewski start a dynasty. : Even former Stanford coach Trent Johnson, who in the last two weeks has : patiently answered question after question from the media about why he didn't : sign Lin, says Harvard was the best possible place for him.  但是這名教練在林進去的一年後被開除了,新教練是Tommy Amaker,Tommy在Duke打過球  並且幫當時的教練Mike Krzyzewski開啟了Duke王朝。兩周前當媒體問前Standford的  教練Trent Johnson為什麼不簽林,Trent還是認為哈佛才是林可以發揮得最好地方, : In fairness to Johnson, now the head coach at LSU, it has to be pointed out : that the five-man recruiting class he signed during Lin's senior season in : high school included three players -- Brook and Robin Lopez and Landry Fields : -- now playing in the NBA, and another point guard, Da'Veed Dildy. And it : wasn't as though Johnson didn't see some sort of potential in Lin. Without : another scholarship available, Johnson offered Lin, who at the time had the : physical dimensions of a No. 2 pencil, a chance to walk on, build up his body : and eventually earn a scholarship.    為了替Johnson表示一點公平,必須說當年藉由five-man recruiting class招募的球員  其中有三名進了NBA,他們是 Brook,Robin Lopez以及Landry Fields。還有一名不如預  期的控衛,Johnson那時給了林另一個機會"walk on",只要他進來球隊表現良好一樣  可以獲得獎學金。 : Cal and UCLA also asked Lin to walk on. But Lin and has family wanted a : scholarship. When an offer never came, he wound up at Harvard, which plays in : a conference, the Ivy League, that doesn't offer athletic scholarships.    Cal 以及 UCLA 也同樣給了林 walk on的機會。但是林跟他們家人想要正式的獎學金。  在一個offer也沒拿到的情況下,林選擇了Ivy League的哈佛,哈佛並不提供運動獎學  金。 : "He could have come to Stanford -- and we did have a history of taking : walk-ons and let them earn scholarships," Johnson said. "But if he'd have : stayed at our place, I don't know if he'd have developed his game. I was : throwing that thing inside at the time because of the size we had. So Jeremy : ends up at Harvard, but he didn't knock the world out his freshman and : sophomore seasons. : "The story should be how, after his sophomore year, Jeremy started to develop : under Tommy Amaker's tuteledge."  Johnson說:「他可以來Stanford的,我們過去也有球員藉由Walk-ons的機會獲得獎學  金,但是在我們這我不知道他是不是可以有所發揮,因為人員的數量,我把事情擱下了  ,林也選擇了哈佛,而他在大學第一年以及第二年也沒有甚麼發揮。這故事應該是在  林二年級的時候Tommy怎麼指導他的才對。」 : Amaker would have never gotten the chance to work with Lin had it not been : for a chance sighting by former Harvard assistant Bill Holden. In the summer : of 2006, Holden was approached by Lin's coach at Palo Alto High School, Peter : Diepenbrock, at an AAU tournament in Las Vegas and asked to give an honest : evaluation.    Tommy並沒有跟前Harvard助理教練Bill Holden共事。Holden在2006年的時候曾經被要求  去看林的中學籃球比賽比賽。並且被要求誠實地說出對林的評價。 : "It was a very noncompetitive game I was seeing him in," Holden told radio : station SN 590 The Fan in Toronto. "It wasn't a good evaluation game, : unfortunately. Six years ago, Jeremy Lin was an inch and a half shorter and : about 50, 60 pounds lighter. He didn't really pass the eye test back then." : Thus, Holden's snap judgment on Lin's potential wasn't what Diepenbrock : wanted to hear. "I told him Jeremy should go play for a Division III school," : Holden said.    Holden說:「那是一場壓倒性的比賽,不是一場可以用來評價球員的比賽,六年前,  林的身高不夠高,體重也不夠重,他並沒有認真地去評價,然後建議林去打D-III的比 賽。」 : A day later, Holden changed his mind when he saw Lin play again. : "For whatever reason -- the environment, the competition -- he was able to : show his skill set, his ability to get to the rim, his ability to get into : the lane and make some shots, and the ability to play some defense, which I : didn't see him do the day before," Holden said. "Physically, you could tell : he wasn't done growing. He hadn't hit his maturation peak yet.  但是一天後,當Holden又看到他的比賽的時候,Holden改變了他的心意。 Holden說:「不管是甚麼理由,林展現了他的技巧,他有辦法切入,還是做一些跳投 ,而且他也可以防守。事實上,你可以說他還在成長中,他還沒到他的巔峰。」    : "He still had a long way to go. He had shown some quickness, but physically, : that was about it. But his basketball knowledge and instincts for the game is : what drew me to him, and hopefully, the other things would kick in." : Consider Holden's second evaluation ground zero for Linsanity, for even : though Lin led Palo Alto to the California Division II state championship : over a nationally ranked Mater Dei team that had seven players 6-7 or taller, : no mid-major schools offered him a scholarship. 「林還有很長的路要走,他有展現了一些速度,但是大概就只有這樣。但是他對球場上  的掌握以及本能讓我眼睛一亮,我只希望他在其他方面可以趕快成長。」  考慮到Holden的第二次評估報告,即使林帶領了Palo Alto打敗了加州D-II州冠軍隊,  那個州冠軍隊伍有七個6尺七吋以上的球員,沒有任何學校要給他獎學金。 : "That, to me, is the amazing thing," Johnson said. "Where was everybody else? : When I was the coach at Nevada, I'd have jumped all over him, because in : terms of his build, he reminded me of Todd Okeson, the point guard we had at : Nevada who helped us get to the Sweet 16 in 2004. The question I had with : Todd [who weighed 165 pounds] was, physically, could he hold up? That's the : one thing you can't predict when you're talking about a kid who's that : skinny."    Johnson(Standford前教練)說:「對我來說這真太神奇了,沒有人要他嗎!?當我在 Nevada當教練的時候,我會不故一切想要林,因為它讓我聯想到了Todd Oksen,Todd 幫助我們在2004年得到了16連勝。但我對Todd還有太輕的問題,他挺得住嗎?這是你無  法預測的,尤其他看起來有些瘦」 : "I had the same question about Jeremy, but we still wanted him to walk on at : Stanford, maybe develop his body. Go back and look at all the guys who walked : on for me and played. There was a history there. I liked his skill level and : the fact that his teams won."  「我對林有相同的疑問,但是還是希望他可以來利用Walk-on的機會。他可以看看過去  在我底下裡用Walk-on的球員,我喜歡的他的實力還有他們球隊贏球的事實。」 : Stanford, or any other Division I school that offers scholarships, wasn't : meant to be for Lin. But Harvard, a school that has produced twice as many : U.S. presidents (eight) as NBA players (four), turned out to be the best : place he could have gone. That became obvious when, after Lin's freshman : season, Sullivan was fired after failing to lead the Crimson to a league : title in 16 years.  林似乎命中注定無法去Stanford或是其他提供Scholarships的學校。但是這所產出    八位總統四位NBA球員的哈佛變成林的最佳選擇。在第一年教練被Fire掉,因為16年來  他無法帶領球隊獲得長春藤聯盟冠軍。      : The next phase of Linsanity began when Amaker took over the program. : Unlike Johnson, Amaker, who's trying to lead Harvard-21-3 and 7-1 in the Ivy : League-to a conference championship and the program's first NCAA Tournament : appearance since 1946, isn't answering questions from the media about Lin. : But Will Wade, a VCU assistant who worked for Amaker during Lin's sophomore : and junior seasons, shares Trent Johnson's belief that his former boss helped : make Lin what he is today. 林來瘋的下一章在Amaker接管哈佛球隊的時候開始。不像之前教練,Amaker帶領哈佛 獲得長春藤聯盟冠軍,並且讓球隊在自從1946年後首度進入NCAA的錦標賽,但這沒有 回答媒體的問題。在林的前兩年當任助理教練的Bill Wade分享他前老闆是如何幫助 林,造就了今天的林。 : "Jeremy was a very, very driven kid," Wade said. "A kid who had a lot of : layers to him. But what really spurred his growth was that coach Amaker took : a vested interest in his development. Coach Amaker saw things in Jeremy that : he probably didn't see in himself." Wade說「林非常的認真,他有很多的障礙,但是Amaker投入了很多促成他的成長,  Amaker發現林自己沒發現的東西。」 : In Lin, Amaker found a willing pupil who wanted to get better. : "He was a tremendous worker," Wade said. "He was always wanting to learn, : always asking questions. Sometimes, he would get frustrated with himself : because he wasn't progressing at the rate he wanted to progress. For him, it : was great having coach Amaker mentor him and guide him."  Amaker發現林是個意志力強然後力求上進的人。 Wade說 「林是個努力認真的球員,他不斷去學,問問題,有時候他會受到挫折,因為     他沒有如自己預期的進步,對於林來說有Amaker指導他真是太好了。」 : Lin averaged 4.8 points and 1.8 assists in 18.1 minutes a game as a freshman. : In his first season playing for Amaker, he played 31.3 minutes a game and : averaged 12.6 points and 3.6 assists. Lin's glaring weakness was 3-point : shooting (28.1 and 27.9 percent his first two seasons), but at Amaker's : behest, Lin turned himself into a threat from behind the arc.  大學第一年林的平均得分是4.8分,1.8次助攻,18.1的上場時間。在Amaker底下的 第一個球季是平均12.6分,3.6次助攻。林的弱點是三分球(前兩個球季的命中率是 28.1%以及27.9%),但是在Amaker的指導下,他開始變成敵人真正的威脅。 : "He wasn't a great shooter," Wade said. "He was pretty good in the mid range, : but he didn't have range to 3. People would back off and play him as a : driver, so he'd force shots and not get as many clean looks. Jeremy worked : hard on expanding his range. That made his pull-up jumper almost deadly, and : when he was able to be a consistent threat from 3, it opened up the whole : floor for him. Wade說 「他不是個好射手,他在中距離表現很好,但在三分球就不是了,很多人會退 後防止他切入,所他被迫在外圍出手。林開始練習加大攻擊範圍,他的急停跳投是致命 的,當他有能力開始投三分球,他將有辦法進行任何攻擊。」 : "That's why, in Jeremy's junior year, it was his team. Coach Amaker basically : gave him the keys to the bus and said, 'Let's go.' "  「這是為什麼球隊在三年級的時候變成林的球隊,Amaker基本上就是把主導權給了林」 : With Lin taking charge, Harvard went from 8-22 in Amaker's first season to : 14-14 his second. Lin averaged 17.7 points, 4.2 assists and 2.4 steals, but : more importantly, he shot 40 percent from 3. Lin's numbers were down slightly : the next year, because Harvard had better players, and he didn't have to do : quite so much. But the Crimson finished 21-7 and advanced to the College : Basketball Invitational.  哈佛球隊在林的帶領下從前一季的8勝22敗變成14勝14敗。林平均得分17.7,4.2次助攻 ,2.4次抄截。最重要的是林有40%的得分來自於三分球。隔年林的數據下降了,因為 哈佛來了不錯的球員,他不需要自己去做那麼多事。那年哈佛以21勝7敗結束球季, 並且參加全國大學籃球賽。 : It wouldn't be long before the Legend of Lin became a worldwide phenomenon. : But Lin had no idea what was ahead. : His ambition was to become a youth minister. : "That's what he told me the last year I was at Harvard," Wade said. "You have : no idea how good of a person he is. Just a great, great person. A quiet : leader that people are naturally drawn to. I'm sure he would have been a : great youth minister." 並沒有花林太多時間,他的傳奇變成全世界注目的焦點。 但是林以前不知道會這樣,他以前就是想要成為一個牧師。 Wade說「這是林去年在哈佛跟我說的,你不知道他是多棒的人,就是超棒。一個天生 的領袖,他們自然而然會去注意他,我很確定他一定會成為一個好的牧師。」 : And that's what Lin might have become, if not for Amaker's belief that Lin : had next-level talent. That was confirmed when Lin was a junior and he scored : 25 points in a win over a Boston College team that included future NBA player : Reggie Jackson and was coming off an upset of North Carolina. : After that season, during which Lin became the only player in the country to : be ranked among the top 10 in every major statistical category in his : conference, he still wasn't sure he could play basketball beyond college, let : alone in the NBA. Amaker thought Lin was capable, but knew he had to get even : better. 林將來可能真的會變牧師,如果Amaker沒有去發掘的林的潛力。還有一次確認林實力的 是在林大三的時候打敗Boston 學院並且獲得了25分,那時Boston有一個未來的NBA球員 Reggie Jackson,並且暴冷門打敗北卡。 : "The thing Jeremy knows, and we have talked about this since the end of last : season, is that he needs to make others better," Amaker told Blue Ribbon : College Basketball Yearbook in 2009. "Can he become a better leader? You look : at his numbers; it's tough to say he needs to improve here or there. He's a : throwback, a complete player with a great deal of energy and competitiveness. : "[But] it's no longer good enough to drive himself. Now, it's time to bring : others along with him. Can he be a special player who makes an impact on : others?" : Eight games and two weeks into Linsanity, that question has been answered -- : and then some. Amaker跟Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook 說「球季結束後,林知道而我 們也在談論的是如何讓隊友變得更好。他可以變成更好的領袖嗎?你看看他的數據, 很難去說他需要去改進甚麼,他是守本分並且有大量能量以及競爭力的球員。 但是對他來說永遠都不夠好,現在是時候拉者別人跟他一起變好,不知道他是不是一 個如此特殊並且可以給其他人帶來影響的球員。」 兩個禮拜以及八場的比賽帶來的"林來瘋" 已經回答了這個問題。也回答了其他人不同 的疑問。 第一次翻譯..要鞭的手下留情阿~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.252.98.154 ※ 編輯: fabdawn 來自: 111.252.98.154 (02/21 00:52)

02/21 00:52, , 1F
有翻譯有推,英文的自己看沒三行就end了
02/21 00:52, 1F

02/21 00:54, , 2F
其實是Stanford...多打一個d了 很多人會不小心搞錯
02/21 00:54, 2F
※ 編輯: fabdawn 來自: 111.252.98.154 (02/21 00:56)

02/21 00:56, , 3F
另外NCAA Tournament就是NCAA錦標賽 不是循環賽喔 因為都是
02/21 00:56, 3F

02/21 00:56, , 4F
單淘汰賽 輸一場就回家了
02/21 00:56, 4F
感謝 已經改了 ※ 編輯: fabdawn 來自: 111.252.98.154 (02/21 00:58)

02/21 00:57, , 5F
小小補充一個知識 Cal一般來說指的是Berkeley那間 因為是
02/21 00:57, 5F

02/21 00:57, , 6F
加州大學系統的第一間分校 所以他們在NCAA登錄的名稱就是
02/21 00:57, 6F

02/21 00:58, , 7F
California 簡稱Cal
02/21 00:58, 7F

02/21 00:58, , 8F
難怪 我一直想說是哪所..
02/21 00:58, 8F

02/21 01:01, , 9F
還有一個 Boston College是波士頓學院 跟Boston大學不一樣
02/21 01:01, 9F

02/21 01:01, , 10F
BC是一個蠻小的學校 不過體育方面不錯 屬於ACC聯盟
02/21 01:01, 10F
※ 編輯: fabdawn 來自: 111.252.98.154 (02/21 01:02)

02/21 01:21, , 11F
有翻有推
02/21 01:21, 11F

02/21 01:24, , 12F
有翻譯有推 真讚
02/21 01:24, 12F

02/21 01:45, , 13F
感謝翻譯
02/21 01:45, 13F

02/21 10:21, , 14F
有翻有推! 在底下Amaker打球->在Amaker底下打球
02/21 10:21, 14F
※ 編輯: fabdawn 來自: 111.252.98.154 (02/21 14:06)
文章代碼(AID): #1FGddOoK (Knicks)
文章代碼(AID): #1FGddOoK (Knicks)