[分享] Finest person I've ever been around …

看板Kings作者時間13年前 (2010/10/08 20:12), 編輯推噓9(901)
留言10則, 10人參與, 最新討論串2/6 (看更多)
Trade of the century There's a reason that Lakers fans, even if they wanted to, couldn't turn on Divac when his Sacramento Kings came so close to keeping L.A. out of the 2002 Finals. 對於湖人迷來說,即使 Vlade Divac和他的國王隊差點在2002打掉湖人,他們也不該 對他惡言相向。 Without the deal that sent Divac to Charlotte in the summer of 1996, Lakerland might have never seen Kobe or Shaq. 沒有這個與黃蜂隊的交易,2002年的湖人可能跟本不會出現。 The Lakers needed to shed Divac's contract to help create the requisite cap space to fund O'Neal's escape from Orlando. The Hornets were willing to draft a player who refused to work out for them because the Lakers, in exchange for Bryant's draft rights, were prepared to send over the proven big man Charlotte badly needed to become a 50-win team in the East. 湖人需要足夠的薪資空間來吸引人在奧蘭多的Shaq,黃蜂也願選擇一位不願受他們測 試的球員,這一切都是因為一個長人,因為黃蜂急於成為一隻五十勝的球隊。 It's a trade that obviously changed the Lakers forever, with Bryant and O'Neal combining for three championships before their messy breakup, but the rarely told part of the story is that Vlade was never the same, either. 這個交易改變了湖人的歷史,在Shaq與Kobe鬧翻前,他們已經拿下了三座總冠軍,不 過這個交易也改變了Vlade這位球員。 First, though, then-Hornets coach Dave Cowens had to convince Divac to rescind his initial threat to retire in response to the trade. 首先黃蜂教練 Dave Cowens說服了 Divac不要以退休來反對這次交易。 http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0407/nba_g_divac-charlotte_200.jpg
Vlade had to be talked out of retirement after being dealt from L.A. to the Hornets in '96. "Charlotte actually changed my whole way of thinking about basketball," Divac said. "Back then, basketball was fun for me. I didn't play for money. I played for fun. I was thinking, [they're] sending me somewhere I don't want to go. I don't know anything about Charlotte. It was the first time in my career that something doesn't go my way. I wanted to play for Partizan [Belgrade], I played for Partizan. I wanted to play for national team, I played for national team. I wanted to win European Championships, I won European Championships. 「黃蜂隊改變了我對籃球的想法。在此之前,籃球只是好玩而已,我不是為了錢而比 賽,我是為了興趣。我對夏洛特毫無認知。這是我職業生涯第一遭事情沒有照著我的思路 發生。在那之前我想去Partizan,就去Partizan,我想打國際賽就去打國際賽。我想贏得 歐冠,就贏得歐冠。」 "[The trade was the] first time something happened that, 'Oh my God, everything is terrible.' If I have to be forced to play, [I thought,] I'll quit. I don't want that. Then I started talking to Jerry, and I started talking to Dave Cowens, and I [was] impressed with him. So I went there and I really enjoyed it. My time in Charlotte actually extended my career. I got more serious." 「這是第一回『天啊!怎麼回事!』如果他們逼我上場,我可能就會閃人了。我並不 希望事情這樣發生。然後我和 Jerry談了一會,也開始與 Dave Cowens談,他給我很深刻 的印象。所以我就到了夏洛特,而且在那兒的時光還不錯。在夏洛特的日子延長了我的職 業生涯,我開始把他當成一個職業。」 The Hornets, for the record, won 54 and 51 games respectively in Divac's two seasons there, with West's trade partner -- Bob Bass -- earning NBA Executive of the Year honors in 1996-97 from his peers … and a lifetime of criticism even though 12 other teams bowed to the pressure of agent Arn Tellem and passed on Bryant as well. 黃蜂隊在那兩季分別贏了54場和51場比賽。和West交易的Bob Bass拿下了年度最佳總 管,還有和十二隻球隊總管一起因為錯過Bryant而被痛罵一輩子。 And West? West怎麼想? He likens trading Vlade to "parting with your brother." 他說交易 Vlade就像與兄弟分別一般。 (The oft-forgotten postscript here is that Divac wound up as Bryant's teammate in his final season in 2004-05, only to have persistent back trouble restrict him to 15 games and a seasonlong stint as a father figure for Slovenian rookie Sasha Vujacic. But two of those 15 games were trips to Arco Arena, setting up Divac to record what is believed to be another NBA first as the recipient of a standing ovation from the Arco crowd while wearing a Lakers jersey.) 人們經常忘記在 Divac的最後球季,他成為了Bryant的隊友,不過持續的背部問題 讓他只上了十五場比賽,他也在這個 Sasha Vujacic的新秀球季對他照顧有加。在這十 五場比賽中,他返回Arco Arena兩次。 Divac是 NBA史上第一位穿著湖人球衣到場,卻 能獲得Arco全場起立致敬的球員。 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The king of Kings They made the cover of Sports Illustrated with Chris Webber and Jason Williams as the headliners. They made it to the brink of the NBA Finals with Mike Bibby replacing Williams at the point, Peja Stojakovic rising to All-Star status, Hedo Turkoglu adding to their worldwide appeal and Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson and Pollard supplying the role-player grit. Chris Webber和Jason Williams登上了運動畫刊頭條。在以Mike Bibby擔任後衛後, 他們一度差點殺進決賽。 Peja Stojakovic打出了全明星身價, Hedo Turkoglu增加了他 們的國際球迷。 Doug Christie、Bobby Jackson、Pollard等人都以角色球員有所貢獻。 Yet the overwhelming consensus in the capital of California is that the Kings' rise from laughingstock status to the NBA elite -- "We were an international team, not just Sacramento," Divac likes to say -- was triggered most by Vlade's arrival as a free agent before the lockout-shortened 1999 season. 國王不再是一個笑柄,加州首都不再是被拿來諷刺的點。「我們是隻國際性的隊伍, 可不只是沙加緬度的隊伍。」這一切也都由Vlade 在1999年封館球季以自由球員身份和國 王簽約開始。 The view of then-Kings coach Rick Adelman: "I've always said Vlade was the key to everything." Rick Adelman說:「Vlade是一切的關鍵。」 The view of venerable Kings assistant coach Pete Carril: "He was like the glue that kept this team together." Pete Carril說:「他是黏合球隊的膠水。」 The view of Kings co-owner Gavin Maloof, as shared during the jersey-retirement ceremony: "You turned our franchise around." Gavin Maloof在球衣退休儀式上說:「你改變了我們的歷史。」 http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0331/nba_g_vlad_268.jpg
Vlade's 21 now hangs in the rafters of Arco. Divac gets those plaudits because the passing, unselfishness, emotion, positivity and togetherness those Kings were known for started with him. The Divac-Webber combination clicked so well that Carril openly admits -- while acknowledging that the new kids have lots of growing and improving to do -- that the organization paired Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson in the frontcourt because of their potential as a combo to play in a similar manner. Divac 獲得了喝彩,因為這隻傳球、無私、激情、積極、團結的國王由他開始。兩大 長人Divac-Webber組合搭配是如此精彩,所以Carril公開承認希望Spencer Hawes與Jason Thompson也能成為為這樣的搭檔。 "When I decided to come to Sacramento, all my friends thought I was crazy," Divac said. "They said they still have cows and sheep around Arco. All the buildings [that] surround Arco [today] didn't exist. 「當我要去沙加緬度時,我的朋友都說我瘋了。他們說那裡只有一堆牛和羊,沒有什 麼建築物。」 "But I talked to Geoff [Petrie], and he convinced me. He showed me that management wants to make a big improvement. So I went there, but never [was it] in my mind that we're going to almost [win a] championship. We put Sacramento on the map. Wherever I'm going, people ask me about our team, because the Kings played basketball the way it is [supposed to be played]." 「但在我與Geoff Petrie對話後,他成功打動了我。他告知我管理層想要前進一大步 。所以我就到了沙加緬度,不過在我心中留下的不是我們幾乎拿到了總冠軍。而是我們把 沙加緬度標誌到了地圖上。不管我去哪裡,人們總會問起當年,因為國王打的籃球就是籃 球該有的樣子。」 待續.... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.116.219.191

10/08 20:14, , 1F
讚啦
10/08 20:14, 1F

10/08 20:57, , 2F
10/08 20:57, 2F

10/08 21:33, , 3F
在我心中國王有兩枚戒指.一枚在50年前.一枚在2002
10/08 21:33, 3F

10/08 21:41, , 4F
10/08 21:41, 4F

10/08 22:20, , 5F
10/08 22:20, 5F