[新聞] Jay Chou Makes American Film Debut

看板Jay作者 (橘子海豚)時間13年前 (2011/01/09 02:04), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
Taiwanese Superstar Jay Chou Makes American Film Debut in The Green Hornet By Tiffany Leung– January 7, 2011 Posted in: Arts-Entertainment, Lifestyle, News http://0rz.tw/OPvlx Superstar Jay Chou in Cupertino the day before his New Year Eve's concert. Photo by Danny Lau. http://www.asianweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/JayAction41.jpg
Jay Chou, a multi-talented and beloved Taiwanese superstar who has sold more than 28 million albums worldwide, makes his American film debut as legendary sidekick Kato in the highly anticipated action comedy – The Green Hornet, out in theaters this month. Clad in a stylish black blazer and gray slacks, Chou sat down with AsianWeek during a break from his New Year’s Eve concert rehearsal in San Jose, one of the stops in his The Era World Tour. To prepare for the role Bruce Lee made famous, the 31-year-old singer, song writer, actor, and director says that he reviewed old clips of the 1960s television series online. Chou strove to make his interpretation of Kato more “humorous, cool, and fun” than Lee’s, but noted that nobody could ever replace Bruce Lee. With Mandarin as his native tongue, Chou also spent hours preparing for the role, by learning a language foreign to him. “Learning the English language was harder than learning martial arts,” recalls Chou. “My English teacher did not speak any Chinese, so it really forced me to learn.” The film stars funny man Seth Rogan, playing Britt Reid, the man behind the Green Hornet mask, whom Chou says is “very humorous and smart,” and Hollywood veteran Cameron Diaz. Chou, a car enthusiast, with a collection of over 20 luxury and vintage vehicles, broke into a grin as he excitedly revealed that he will be adding the movie’s Black Beauty, a revamped 1965 Imperial Chrysler to his home in Taiwan. His current collection includes the tuned 1986 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno from his first lead acting role in the Chinese movie Initial D, as well as and the Batmobile from Michael Keaton’s portrayal of the caped crusader. Chou described each car in his collection as “meaningful to his heart.” When comparing filming an American movie to an Asian one, Chou said filming American movies are much simpler and relaxing. In Asia, filming occurs everyday while in America, the schedule is more spread out. “When I was not filming [Green Hornet], I walked on the beach in Santa Monica and played basketball,” he said.In the new year, Chou hopes to release a new album later in the year. He is not currently booked for any other American movies at this time, but would definitely jump at the opportunity to appear in a sequel to The Green Hornet, if it arises. With Chou’s entrance into mainstream America, Asia and U.S. audiences alike can look forward to more from this superstar. Directed by Michael Gondry, the Green Hornet premieres in theaters across the United States on January 14, 2011. -- Rgan:我是你的什麼? Kato:你是我的青蜂俠! 那我是你的什麼? Rgan:你是我的小針針~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.120.238.3

01/09 09:17, , 1F
讚喔~~
01/09 09:17, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1DAASv9Q (Jay)
文章代碼(AID): #1DAASv9Q (Jay)