Re: [外電] Allen Iverson -- and his image -- st …

看板IVERSON作者 (痛痛飛走了)時間15年前 (2009/07/24 21:28), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
: Allen Iverson -- and his image -- struggle to find job : Source:http://www.detnews.com/article/20090723/OPINION03/907230384/1031 : Former Piston Allen Iverson still is looking for a home, but he's really : looking for another kindred spirit. 前活塞隊員AI還在尋找著新東家,但是他真正在尋找的是另一個能呼應他的人。 : He's had two: John Thompson and Larry Brown. Thompson was Iverson's coach at : Georgetown, but more importantly, a father figure when Iverson needed it most. : Brown recognized Iverson's talents in Philadelphia, parlaying it to a Finals : appearance in 2001. Thompson and Brown are Iverson's staunchest defenders and, : ironically, coaches who have at times been labeled "rebel" and "misunderstood." : Everything hasn't been rosy for the 6-foot, 180-pound Iverson, but it hasn't : been all thorny either. 他曾經有過兩位:John Thompson和Larry Brown。Thompson是AI在喬治城的教練,更甚著 是以父親的形象出現在AI面前。Brown在七六人時發現了AI的天賦,並且運用著他使他們 在2001年打到總冠軍賽。Thompson和Brown是AI最可靠的肩膀,諷刺地,這兩位都給AI標 上了"反叛"和"誤解"的標籤。對6呎身高,180磅重的AI而言,沒有一件事對他是樂觀的, 但是同時也還沒癮上許多爭議。 : It's a Catch-22. Without his stubbornness, he never would be the 16th-leading : scorer in NBA history. More impressively, he's averaged 41 minutes a game : through his career, fourth most in NBA history. No player similar in height and : weight is in the top 20. 奇怪的是,除了他的倔強之外,他不可能是NBA史上得分排名第16的人阿。更令人印象深 刻的是,他職業生涯到目前為止,是排名第四的41分鐘。沒有體型跟他相似的球員可以擠 進前20名。 : The same attributes that make him great, however, hold him back from signing : with a contender at this stage of his career. 讓他變成如此優秀的理由,同時也組饒了他在他生涯舞台中奪冠。 : He's done things his way and had success. Based on his rough background, his : game and life parallel each other, for better or worse. Consequently, he's been : judged, deservedly or not. 他已經以他的方法做到並且成功了。以他坎坷的背景,他的球賽和生活是互相平行的,不 管怎樣, : "I obviously feel like it's unfair, but it just makes the chip on my shoulder : that much bigger," Iverson told NBA TV in an interview Tuesday night. "我顯然感覺到這是不公平的,但是我扛上的這塊重擔似乎重的許多,"AI在一次NBA TV中 的禮拜二晚上中說到。 : There's precedent for players who have submerged their style of play to win a : championship. Nate "Tiny" Archibald, who once led the league in scoring and : assists in the same season, joined the Celtics late in his career, helping : Larry Bird win his first title. Mark Aguirre went from scoring 25 points a game : to splitting time with Dennis Rodman, but he owns two rings with the Pistons. : If Iverson backed down a little bit, he'd be ideal for a team in need of : someone capable of scoring in bunches. He could've changed the tenor of the : entire offseason. 曾經有著先例那些奪冠的人們埋沒了自己的風格。Nate "Tiny" Archibald,這傢伙曾在 一賽季中當上得分王和助攻王,並在晚年加入賽爾提克,幫助大鳥奪得了第一次冠軍。 Mark Aguirre曾經以場均25分與Dennis Rodman聯手,但是他的兩枚戒指卻是在活塞拿到 的。如果Iverson稍微低姿態一點,他是隊伍中理想的人選去得分。他可以在整個休賽期 間朝著這方向去努力。 : From the outside, last season seemed to be the perfect opportunity for Iverson : to ingratiate himself into the Pistons team-first style. The marriage was : doomed from the start and both sides made errors. Iverson was branded the bad : guy and didn't play after April 3 because of a back injury. 從這次看出,上一季是AI絕佳的機會去鈀他自己融入活塞中。這化學效應最後毀在先發的 問題上,而且雙方都做出了錯誤的決定。Iverson被標上了壞標籤,並且在4月3日以後就 因為背傷而沒有上場過。 : "The whole thing with me is to be in a situation where I can be happy," Iverson : said. "Obviously the objective is to win a championship, but I've been thinking : about it -- my whole thing is to be happy and finish my career in a happy : situation." "現在整件事情對我來說就是哪裡我可以開心的打球,"Iverson說到。"我的目標很明顯就 是要奪得總冠軍,但是我又想了一下,最重要的應該是開心的打球,然後完美的結速我的 職業生涯。 : Sounds like a man who's taken more beating from detractors than bruising : 7-footers on drives to the basket. 看起來他承受了那些酸民過多的傷害。 : Contemporaries Ray Allen, Rasheed Wallace and Kevin Garnett are playing for : contenders because they've conformed in some manner, while Iverson's biggest : suitors are the Grizzlies and Clippers, hardly world-beaters. 同年齡的雷槍,怒吼天尊,KG還在競爭著冠軍因為他們遵照著規則。但是現在能迎來AI的 只有灰熊和快艇,而他們幾乎是不可能成功的。 : "I feel like I have to prove myself all over in this league," Iverson said. : Sadly, he does. Chances are he wouldn't have it any other way. "我感覺到我必須要加強我自己才能站穩這個聯盟,"Iverson說到。"遺憾地,他不會有著 任何機會。 : Red, white and Bluedevil : Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski signed on as USA's basketball coach through the 2012 : Olympics. : Good for him. He accepted the high expectations of getting USA back on top and : exceeded them. : Now he has the loyalty and admiration of multi-millionaires, and he will help : replace and transition a new set of stars into the system with its showcase in : Las Vegas on Saturday. : Having Kobe Bryant and LeBron James on your team helps a little bit, though. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.104.201.152 ※ 編輯: pplook 來自: 59.104.201.152 (07/24 21:40)

07/24 22:15, , 1F
其實以AI的年齡來說,加強跳投的比重會讓他打的比較久
07/24 22:15, 1F

07/24 22:16, , 2F
比較不易受傷,雖然會比較不精彩啦
07/24 22:16, 2F

07/24 23:23, , 3F
把中距離練到神準吧XD
07/24 23:23, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1AQRR_KF (IVERSON)
文章代碼(AID): #1AQRR_KF (IVERSON)