Re: 贏嚕~恭喜小希...

看板Hewitt作者 (愛心電腦 *^^*)時間21年前 (2003/03/17 08:34), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串6/10 (看更多)
Ruthless Hewitt Defends Title Lleyton Hewitt produced his most ruthless performance in an ATP final at the Pacific Life Open Sunday, beating Gustavo Kuerten 6-1, 6-1 to claim his 19th career singles title and his second Tennis Masters Series shield. Hewitt, who last year conceded just three games to Tim Henman in the Indian Wells final, successfully defended a title for the fifth time. The Australian is the first player to defend the Indian Wells title since Michael Chang in 1996-97. It was the second time Hewitt has won a title after saving match points during the tournament (San Jose 2002). In the first round Hewitt saved three match points (spread across two games) to defeat Younes El Aynaoui. Hewitt extended his winning streak to 12 matches dating back to his loss to El Aynaoui in the fourth round of the Australian Open. He is now 15-1 on the season. Hewitt, who last week won the Scottsdale singles title and reached the doubles final, has played 15 matches (11 singles, four doubles) in 14 days. Hewitt, the two-time defending Tennis Masters Cup champion and two-time reigning year-end No.1, moves to fourth place in the ATP Champions Race with 165 points, just two points behind Roger Federer. Kuerten moves to fifth place. Rainer Schuettler, who would have usurped the Race lead from Agassi had he not lost to Kuerten in the semifinals, remains in second place in the Race, but has closed to within 10 points of Agassi. Kuerten became the first non-American to reach the final of all four North American hard court Tennis Masters Series tournaments. The Brazilian, who was the year-end No.1 and Tennis Masters Cup champion in 2000, was playing his second match of the day, having resumed his semifinal match against Rainer Schuettler early in the second set at 9:00 am. Kuerten won that match 6-2, 3-6, 6-2. When Kuerten won his last Tennis Masters Series title in 2001 in Cincinnati, he also played two matches on the final day. Although Hewitt conceded he entered the final with the advantage of having completed his semifinal on Saturday, he said he was wary of Kuerten.... "It's always an interesting situation when you have someone coming off playing this morning and being on cloud nine, making a Masters Series final, then having to turn around in an hour and a half and have to go out and play the final. "But it works both ways. I'd like to go to bed the night before knowing who I'm going to wake up and play the next day. I was wary. I lost to Pat [Rafter] in Cincinnati semifinals two years ago and Guga didn't get to play his semi. He came out and beat Henman five in the third, {then] chopped Pat one and two in the final. I was very aware that Guga is capable of coming out and playing another good match." "My last three matches I got better and better. That's what you've got to do when you get in the quarters. But it's important to survive those early ones. I had to survive a couple of scares early. I got through those tough ones and was able to focus on the bigger matches from then on. Both weeks have gone a little bit the same. I think I got better from the quarters onwards in Scottsdale, as well." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 140.112.228.230

推 140.112.248.12 03/17, , 1F
十四天打十五場球...體能超人阿~~恐怖
推 140.112.248.12 03/17, 1F

推218.172.160.186 03/17, , 2F
小希繼續加油...
推218.172.160.186 03/17, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #-THW7dS (Hewitt)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #-THW7dS (Hewitt)