[新聞] Henin-Hardenne wins first WTA Championships title

看板Henin作者 (J'adore Henin.)時間17年前 (2006/11/13 02:10), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
Henin-Hardenne wins first WTA Championships title http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=2659106 MADRID, Spain -- Justine Henin-Hardenne won her first WTA Championships title Sunday, beating Amelie Mauresmo 6-4, 6-3 a day after clinching the season-ending No. 1 ranking for the second time. Mauresmo double-faulted on match point -- her fourth double-fault of the day -- to give Henin-Hardenne her sixth title of the year. The Belgian defeated Mauresmo in a final for the first time this season. Mauresmo stopped Henin-Hardenne in the title match of both the Australian Open and Wimbledon. Henin-Hardenne had double-break chances on nine of Mauresmo's 10 service games on the hard indoor court. She got her second of the first set in the ninth game with a backhand return down the line. "It's not my best surface but I proved I could play here and I played well on it," Henin-Hardenne said. "It's been an unbelievable week." Henin-Hardenne missed nearly two months while recovering from a muscle tear in her right knee. "You know how hard it was in the last few weeks and I didn't expect to win it," she said. "I played very aggressive and I really wanted this victory so I came out only to win it. I put a lot of pressure on every point." Henin-Hardenne is the first player since Steffi Graf in 1993 to reach all four Grand Slams finals and the WTA Championships final in the same year, and only the fifth ever. The Belgian won the French Open but lost to Maria Sharapova in the U.S. Open final. She earned $1 million for Sunday's victory while her French opponent received $500,000. Mauresmo will finish No. 3 when the new rankings are released Monday. Henin-Hardenne earned the top ranking by reaching the final, and Sharapova will be No. 2. Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur successfully defended their doubles title, beating Cara Black and Rennae Stubbs 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 in a repeat of the last year's final. Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.216.92.131

11/13 02:44, , 1F
since Steffi Graf only the fifth ever 超厲害的紀錄!
11/13 02:44, 1F

11/13 03:29, , 2F
相信只要是健康的Henin一定可以創造更多紀錄!
11/13 03:29, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #15LsEV1l (Henin)
文章代碼(AID): #15LsEV1l (Henin)