[外電] Q & A: Marc Iavaroni Time for answers

看板Grizzlies作者 ( )時間16年前 (2007/09/25 20:53), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Q & A: Marc Iavaroni Time for answers 教練時間 As training camp nears, Iavaroni addresses issues 隨著訓練營快要開始,Iavaroni提出幾個重點 By Ronald Tillery (Contact) Sunday, September 23, 2007 Marc Iavaroni's life has been nothing short of a whirlwind since he was hired in May to coach the Grizzlies. Marc Iavaroni教練自從五月來當灰熊教練之後,他的生命整個燃燒起來拉﹗ Eager and enthusiastic, he is -- finally -- less than a week away from the start of training camp. 渴望進步的他,在訓練營開始前要離開幾天。 And as much as Iavaroni wants to institute a more free-flowing, eye-pleasing offense, he's leaving no doubt as to where the Griz will start on their to-do list. 為了要建立更流暢、賞心悅目的球風,Iavaroni先去了灰熊隊接下來的目的地。 "You know, we were 29th in points allowed per game and 30th in field goal percentage allowed, and that's last in the league," Iavaroni said Thursday on an NBA conference call to promote a training-camp visit to Malaga and Madrid, Spain, that begins Oct. 4. Iavaroni在星期四的行前記者會前說: "去年我們的對手得分是全聯盟第二高,對手投籃 命中率全聯盟最高。" 這次移地訓練營的目的地是西班牙的馬拉加跟馬德里,訓練營將在 十月四號開始。 "So, number one, I think this team has to bond through the improvement of their defense and I think that's because defense is a weak thing, so we have to collectively come together and have pride in stopping other people and then using that type of mentality, that confidence, to attack the defense of our opponent in transition to create turnovers, to create blocked shots, missed shots and take those opportunities, and make sure we attack quickly. "所以首要任務是全隊一起拼防守,因為防守是我們的弱點。我們也必須團結一致並且 要有信心守住任何人。用這種狀態以及信心去攻擊對手的防守。在防守方面也可以製造 對手的失誤、賞幾個火鍋、致使他們失投。再藉由這些機會發動快攻。" "That's something I've become very comfortable with from my experiences in Phoenix and also as a player in the '80s ... that's what we did. So I think, number one, we have to play better defense." "我在鳳凰城任教跟我80年代的球員經驗讓我對這些很熟悉,我們就是這樣過來的。所以 我想重點還是要先打好防守的基礎。" There is no doubt that Iavaroni, who served under Phoenix's Mike D'Antoni the past several years, is optimistic that all things are possible. 當然以Iavaroni在太陽隊教練Mike D'Antoni手下任教過去幾年的經驗來看,我們可以 很樂觀的看待這些事情實現。 In a wide-ranging interview with The Commercial Appeal, Iavaroni shared his views about accepting the Grizzlies' job, Pau Gasol, the point guard situation and changing the team's culture. 在The Commercial Appeal的專訪上,Iavaroni分享了他在接受了灰熊隊的合約、Pau Gasol、先發後衛的混戰以及改變隊上球風的看法。 Q. This has been an interesting summer regarding coaching vacancies. Your name surfaced in several places. Why Memphis, and have you had any regrets so far? Q. 這個夏天教練的空缺引起了大家很大的興趣,你的名字也頻頻出現在各隊的名單裡, 為什麼會選擇Memphis?還有對未來有什麼目標要達成的嗎? A. After they made the change with Mike Fratello, they truly felt that I was the right guy for this team. I was looking forward to a situation where different people were on board with that. There wasn't just one guy having to sell it. I got that sense from Jerry West and from Mike Heisley. ... Regrets? None. I never thought it was going to be easy. I just know I have the right people around me. The organization is serious about their commitment to allow me and Chris (Wallace, Griz general manager) -- on the basketball end of things -- to shape this team in the coming years. A. 在他們換掉Mike Fratello教練之後,他們認為我是最適合隊上的人選。我很期待 (喜歡?)這種很多人被提出來的情況。我可以從West爺爺跟老闆Mike Heisley那邊感覺 到大家想要一點改變。目標嗎? 沒有。 我從來沒想過這是一個簡單的差事。我只知道 我有一群得力的助手。整個組織對於要雇用我以及Chris Wallace來改善球隊的未來這件 事上都很認真。 (這邊的sell it我把他解釋成換教練。有錯請通知一下。) Q. What is the main thing you'd say you took from working with D'Antoni? Q. 你從D'Antoni教練那邊學到了什麼事情? A. He reminded me of how players appreciate coaches who listen to them and have confidence in them and want them to play the game freely and without hesitation. Mike is a player's coach. Mike didn't get along well with coaches who tried to control his ability to lead a team -- on and off the floor. So Mike instilled that in his point guards and he reminded me. Hey, you've got to let guys play, trust guys and believe in them. You have to have confidence in guys. If you don't, then you don't get that magical element where people discover things. There's a sharing involved. A. 他提醒我球員們總是會喜歡教練傾聽他們的心聲以及給予他們信心,還有在場上自 由發揮。Mike是一個很會帶球員的教練。他在場上跟場外都不會跟那些想要限制他領導 能力的教練不會相處的很融洽。所以Mike把這些自由的觀念灌注在控衛上。他跟我說過 "你必須讓他們自由發揮,相信並且要對他們有信心。如果你不這麼做,你看不到別人眼 中組成一隻強隊的元素。" Q. Point guard was an important position. What's the ideal point guard going to be under you in Memphis? Q. 控衛扮演一個很重要的角色。在你的戰術下一個適合的控衛是怎樣的? A. Someone who understands that he has to give himself up in order to make his teammates better without making himself worse. He has to be someone who can keep the confidence of his teammates up and keep his own up. He is someone who is known for working well with others, including the head coach. He gets the big picture really well. He doesn't get involved in petty things and ego things. All he cares about is the team's ego. How do we keep everyone thinking the same way despite roles that can change during a season? How do we stay positive when we're under pressure? He's got the ball in his hands, and people are going to be watching him all the time. This is going to be a point guard directed offense. That's why there is a little more on the point guard in this situation. A. 一個懂得讓隊友更好,也會發揮自己實力的人。他要能提升大家的士氣。跟大家相處 的很好,當然也包括我。他要能看到整個場上發生的事。不是注意那些小事,而是全 隊的精神以及狀況。當球員在場上的角色有所改變時,我們要怎麼讓大家都朝同一個目標 邁進?球隊處在壓力下時,我們要怎麼以正面的態度來度過難關?控衛掌握了場上大部分 的持球時間,人們都會把焦點放在他身上,我們的進攻是以控衛為起點的戰術。那也是為 什麼球隊在控衛上會有些狀況。 Q. Is point guard going to be the most interesting story line in camp? If not, what will be? Q. 整個訓練營最主要的焦點是控衛的問題嗎?如果不是,那要注意…? A. I don't know. It's going to be one of them. I'll let you guys decide. A. 我不知道。控衛是其中一個。讓你們決定哪個是最重要的吧。 Q. How much input did you have regarding the offseason moves? Q. 休季中你對整個球隊的改變影響了多少? A. It was a total partnership. Chris and I talked every day. We talked strategy every day. We involved each other. From Day One, I thought we were on the same page with the draft selection, and we moved quickly to do what we needed to do on the big man front. Chris was very good at keeping me in the loop at what our options were. One of the surprises of the summer was how easily we worked together. A. 我在每個決定上都有發表自己的意見。Chris跟我每天都在討論,還有戰術方面。 我們對彼此都有影響。從第一天起,我想我們兩個對選秀都有相同的看法,我們也很快 的補強前場的大個子。Chris一直讓我參予球隊的決定。最讓我驚訝的是沒想到我們兩 個合作起來那麼輕鬆。 Q. Pau Gasol is still the franchise. Still, where does he have to grow in order to help take this team to the next level? Q. Pau Gasol依舊是隊上的主力。球隊如果要更強的話,他必須加強哪方面? A. It's too early to tell. I've seen him this summer and he looks great. I hate to go on things I've heard. Chuck Daly says that you really need 50 games to get to know your team. So I'm going to say that I need at least that many. I know the guys who played in summer league best. But Pau is the guy who enables us to be very versatile. Pau runs the floor well. He now knows how to conserve energy and be the trail big. He can set lots of screen-rolls in transition. Pau posts up well, and he'll be a quarterback out of the post. I can't tell you how much of a bonus that is for any team. We used it with Boris Diaw, and it was big difference. (Amare) Stoudemire is a great finisher inside. But Diaw had a sneaky post game and passed very well to 3-point shooters. I'm counting on (Gasol) to do that. A. 我想現在講還太早。這夏天我有見過他,他保持的很好。我不喜歡馬上去回答問題。 Chuck Daly說經過五十場比賽後,你才算真正了解你的球隊。所以五十場比賽後再來問 我吧。我對夏季聯盟的球員比較了解。但Pau是有能力讓整個球隊活起來的人。他在場上 的跑動很快,他已經懂得如何為比賽的後段保留體力,可以在攻守時擋擋人。Pau在低 位的破壞力很強,在高位的視野也很廣。他能帶給球隊很多東西,在每一隊都是。Diaw 就是這樣的球員,但Pau比較不一樣。Stoudemire在禁區很能得分,但Diaw在低位能做很 多事,像是傳給外圍的三分射手,我期待Pau能做到這樣。能得分又能破壞對方的防守。 (這段後面有點怪怪的, 有錯請指正. 謝謝!) Q. The past three coaches took over on the fly. How much of an advantage will it be to start with a training camp? Q. 過去三任教練都是球季中被任命的,從訓練營就開始帶灰熊隊有什麼好處? A. This summer has been a series of positive steps that are difficult to implement when you're doing it on the fly. A. 如果我是在球季中被任命的話,那休季中那些建設性的改變會很難去履行。 Q. What do you like most about this team on paper? Q. 從陣容上來看,你最喜歡隊上哪一點? A. The thing I like the most is that we're an unknown quantity right now. Guys are going to have to work very hard to figure out what we're going to be. The staff has a broad canvas to paint. I believe players will be very motivated to get to know one another again in a new system. A. 無法捉摸的戰術。對手們將會花很多時間去熟悉我們的打法。 不過還有很長的路 要走,我相信球員們會在打球過程中對戰術以及隊友更熟悉。 Q. You know the recent history. How do you go about changing the culture? Q. 你知道過去灰熊發生過什麼事,你要怎麼面對球員? A. You have to be yourself. You show people that you respect what they do and are anxious to work with them. You're going to listen to their suggestions while implementing what you think will work. The important thing is that everyone feels like they're an important part of what we're doing. ... You don't just talk it. You've got to walk it. People will say he has a good message. But does he have a good plan and is he committed to it? A. 做自己最實在。你要讓球員知道你尊重他,並且願意跟他一起合作。在執行戰術方面 當然也要聽聽球員的看法。重點是要讓球員知道他是球隊中重要的一份子。也不能光說 不做,人們會說你有想法,但是你有去履行嗎? Q. Since May when you were hired, how would you describe the feeling of being a head coach? Q. 五月你被雇用當灰熊總教練之後,那種感覺怎樣? A. Sometimes I say to myself, am I really the head coach? But most of the time it feels very natural. It really does, because of all of the things I've learned over the years. And I've gotten some very good ideas from people who want us to be successful. A. 有時候我會問自己我真的準備好了嗎?但大多數時間我覺得很舒服。因為過去幾年來 我學過的東西讓我有信心。並且從一些看好我們的人身上得到一些靈感。 大家中秋快樂!! 有錯請幫忙指正 謝謝xD -- T A █◣◢█ ╮ ╭═╮ ╭◢█ ◣ ◢█ ═╮ T A h n ████ ╰══╯╰══════╯█▌ █ ██ h n e s ████ ◢█◣◥█◣ ◢█◣ █ █ e s w █◥◤█ █▌█ █ █▌█ ◢ ◤ █ ║ w e ◥ ◤ ◥█◤ ◤ ◥█◤ ◢◤ ▄ █ e r 3 ╰══ Fear is the heart of love! ██ █ ███ r 3 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.113.156.186 ※ 編輯: Moto21 來自: 59.113.156.186 (09/25 20:54)

09/25 22:25, , 1F
推外電!中秋節快樂XD
09/25 22:25, 1F

09/25 23:04, , 2F
推!!
09/25 23:04, 2F

09/25 23:53, , 3F
推外電XD...
09/25 23:53, 3F

09/26 23:02, , 4F
推!!~
09/26 23:02, 4F