Fw: [外絮] McCaw的特殊身份為勇士未來合約帶來隱憂

看板G-S-WARRIORS作者 (超☆冒險蓋)時間6年前 (2017/07/12 20:56), 6年前編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
來源:The Mercury News 網址:http://tinyurl.com/yak2acho Patrick McCaw’s potentially tricky contract situation looming for Warriors McCaw的特殊身份為勇士將來的簽約帶來隱憂 LAS VEGAS — This summer, Stephen Curry signed through the 2022 season, Kevin Durant linked back with a loud gesture that hinted at his long-term intentions and Andre Iguodala recommitted for three more years. Klay Thompson ’s contract is not up until 2019, Draymond Green’s until 2020. 今年夏天的合約,包括Curry的新約會到2022,KD大方減薪也暗示他會想長待勇士,小AI也 簽了新的三年約,K湯的約要到2019才到期,嘴綠的約則是到2020走完。 The Warriors’ five most important pieces are settled, which is settling for an organization. But another under-the-radar, potentially tricky financial decision awaits next summer: Patrick McCaw, who is perhaps the team’s sixth-most important piece from a team-building standpoint, will be a restricted free agent. 勇士的恐怖5小已經底定,但是有另外一個尚未浮上檯面,可能會影響勇士財務決策的人: McCaw,目前表現像是勇士重要第六人,明年會成為受限制自由球員。 It’s a situation that has crept up on the Warriors quickly. McCaw was the 38th overall pick in the draft just 13 months ago. Immediately, he morphed into the exact thing a team with expensive superstar talent needs: Cheap, useful labor off the bench. 這個問題將會很快的浮現,McCaw是去年選秀第38順位,他也很快融入勇士,提供這個明星 球隊所需要的角色:便宜好用的板凳。 McCaw only made $543,471 last year — or just about what Curry will make per game next season. McCaw’s salary will jump to $1.3 million in Year 2, but that remains an extreme bargain for a versatile wing the coaching staff increasingly believes is capable of 20-plus productive minutes per night. McCaw去年賺54萬3471鎂--或者說相當於Curry明年打一場賺的錢,今年可以賺到130萬 鎂,以他在攻守兩端的表現以及教練組相信他明年每場可打20+分鐘的狀況下,這約還是相 當的超值。 “I think the biggest jump you ever make in your career is between Year 1 and 2,” coach Steve Kerr said. “Year 1 you realize you can play in this league. Now he’s realizing he can be really good in this league.” 「我認為球員成長在第一年到第二年是會最多的,」教練Kerr說到。「第一年你了解到你 可以在NBA打球;第二年了解你可以在NBA打好球。」 And that’s where the benefits of his second-round status shift from the Warriors to McCaw. First-round rookie contracts contain team options for a third and fourth year. McCaw’s doesn’t. He can hit restricted free agency two years before the first 30 players selected in his same draft. “To be so young and know that I have a chance to be coming into a nice amount of money, it’s crazy to me,” McCaw said. 這就是McCaw可以得到好處的時候了。選秀第一輪被選的球員要到第三跟第四年會有球隊選 項,McCaw沒有,他可以在第二年成為受限制自由球員,那些第一輪被選到的30名新秀是沒 有的。 「在我這個年紀然後知道我有機會可以賺一大筆錢,對我來說真的太瘋狂了!」McCaw說。 Fourteen years ago, a far different Warriors front office regime was in a somewhat similar situation. They drafted Gilbert Arenas with the first pick of the second round in 2001. By his second season, Arenas averaged 18.3 points per game. 14年前,勇士制服組跟現在是完全不同,但是發生了類似的狀況。2001年他們在選秀第二 輪選了Gilbert Arenas,在Arenas第二年結束的時候,Arenas的數據平均每場18.3分。 The Wizards gave him a six-year, $60 million contract that offseason. The Warriors, already over the salary cap, had no ability to match the offer because they couldn’t equal the first year’s salary. The second-round superstar they found and nourished had bolted by Year 3, off to spend his prime seasons elsewhere. 巫師那年報價給Arenas是六年6000萬鎂,勇士因為薪資總額的關係沒辦法提供等值報價, 所以Arenas就去別的地方發光發熱惹。 So starting with the 2005 Collective Bargaining Agreement, the NBA added a provision — named the Arenas Rule — that allows incumbent teams an ability to match all offers made to their second-round now restricted free agents. 所以在2005年的團體協商後,聯盟加了一個"Arenas條款",允許母隊可以提供跟其他球隊 等值報價給第二輪選秀受限制自由球員。 $55 million offer sheet next offseason. But the first year of the deal can’t be more than the mid-level exception — which will be around $9 million — and the second year can’t be more than a small raise of about five percent, before jumping to huge numbers in Years 3 and 4. 假設現在有別隊要簽McCaw,合約是4年5500萬鎂,但是第一年不可以超過中產例外--那是 900萬鎂,第二年加薪不可以超過5%,薪資大漲要到第三跟第四年才可以。 Using their exception or their Early Bird rights — allowing them to sign McCaw for 105 percent of the league average salary — the Warriors will have an ability to match any contract McCaw receives next summer. 藉由這樣的例外條款或者早鳥權,勇士可以用聯盟平均薪資的1.05倍來簽下McCaw,這樣勇 士制服組就可以提供跟其他隊一樣的等值報價。 So then the question becomes what does McCaw actually get and are the Warriors willing to shell out that much guaranteed money to one of their non-superstars just as their luxury tax numbers skyrocket. 現在問題就會是到時候McCaw會拿到什麼樣的報價?以及在勇士已經在豪華稅爆棚的狀況 下,制服組跟老闆還要不要拿錢簽下還不是明星球員的McCaw? The market for McCaw, you would expect, will be fierce. Plenty will depend on how he plays this upcoming season — “It’s huge for me,” he said — but McCaw fits the trend of today’s NBA. He’s a long, rangy, versatile two-way wing with great defensive technique, the ability to hit 3s, a splash of playmaking and an NBA upbringing in a championship environment. McCaw再來所面對的市場,可以預見的,將會非常激烈,而且大部分會要看他在來年的表 現。「這對我來說很重要,」McCaw說到。但是McCaw的球風非常適合現今的潮流,夠高, 跑動範圍大,攻守兩端都很積極,防守能力佳,可以投3分,可以一波流,而且身處在一個 可以拿冠軍的隊伍。 “So patient out on the floor,” assistant coach Mike Brown said. “His pace is unbelievable for a young kid. Most times when you see young guys come into the league, their pace is so frantic, up and down, running all over the place, jacking shots. But from Day 1, Patrick’s pace has been fantastic … very uncanny.” 「所以就在場上保持耐心吧!」助理教練Mike Brown說到。「McCaw在聯盟的進步,以他這 樣年紀,是非常不可思議的。大部分的年輕球員在進入聯盟初期,他們的表現都是時好時 壞。但是從第一天開始,McCaw的進步是非常好的,這很不尋常。」 There won’t be nearly as much available money next offseason as there was last offseason, when Tyler Johnson, a more unproven second-round wing, got a four-year, $50 million offer sheet from the Nets ($5.6 and $5.8 million in the first two years, $18.8 and $19.6 million in the final two). 下一季將不會有太多的錢可以拿,就拿Tyler Johnson跟籃網的合約來說--4年5000萬鎂(第 一跟第二年是560萬跟580萬鎂,最後兩年是1800萬跟1960萬鎂) But it only takes one team to spike McCaw’s value. Maybe it is the Nets, who continue to toss mega offer sheets at younger options who fit their rebuilding timeline, or the Hawks, who have a general manager — former Warriors front office scouting guru Travis Schlenk — who knows McCaw so well. 但是只要有一隊出高價就夠了;籃網在重建,也願意砸錢給年輕球員;老鷹也有可能,他 們制服組是之前勇士的球探,他們也很暸McCaw。 “I really don’t know what to expect. It’s crazy to even say that I’ll be a restricted free agent,” McCaw said. “I know what that is. I know what that means. Now it’s about handling that situation at 22 years old, talking to different teams, meeting with different teams, things like that, trying to figure out the best situation for me to do. Because at the end of the day, it ’s all a business. I built great relationships in my first year with a lot of GMs and the organization, with Golden State.” 「我真的不知道該預想甚麼,光想我是受限制自由球員都已經夠瘋狂的了,」McCaw說到。 「我之到這些代表甚麼,只是要在我22歲的時候來處理這些事情,跟一堆隊談,跟一堆人 會,然後再選出一個適合我的選擇。畢竟到頭來,一切都是生意。我在這裡跟許多球隊總 管都建立了不錯的關係,也包括勇士隊。」 That relationship with the Warriors could prove important. Restricted free agents in search of a way out often concoct offer sheets with suitors that include poison pills to scare away their current teams. Maybe it’s a trade kicker or a deal that stings the incumbent in an important year — like, say, in the 2020 offseason when Draymond Green’s contract is up. 跟勇士的好關係對於之後的議約很重要。當受限制自由球員想烙跑的時候,常會跟其他隊 共謀,搞出一個毒藥合約,讓母隊跟不上報價,因為這樣的約讓母隊在之後某年跟明星球 員,譬如2020勇士跟嘴綠議約的時候,就會綁手綁腳。 But if McCaw and the Warriors are intent on continuing their partnership, they could better sculpt a deal that helps both sides. “Who knows where I’ll be,” McCaw said. “Hopefully I’m still with Golden State. …To be a part of this team, this organization the first two years, to learn — because every organization is not like Golden State. To have guys, superstar level talented players taking pay cuts to keep something together means a lot to me being young, having a group of guys who want to be together no matter the cost. It’s huge. It’s unreal I’m in this situation right now. ” 但若是McCaw跟勇士制服組都想續前緣,他們就可以一起商討,弄出一個雙方都滿意的約。 「天知道我到時候會在哪裡,」McCaw說。「我希望我還會在勇士,在勇士的兩年,我學了 很多。沒有其他隊可以像勇士這樣,有超級明星球員為了讓球員繼續一起打球而降薪,這 對我們這些年輕球員影響很大,他們只希望一起打球,不管代價,這真的太不可思議。」 Weeks before his own free agency nearly took him elsewhere, Andre Iguodala used his championship parade speech to shed some light on his relationship with McCaw, a guy he mentored last season. 幾個星期前小AI差點因合約關係要離開,不過小AI用他在冠軍遊行時的演講來開導一下 McCaw,畢竟他是McCaw上一季的導師。 “It can be hard for a guy like me, who basically sees my replacement,” Iguodala said. “You see your replacement and you want to hold on and get your extra years and your extra money. But I had some great veterans, Aaron McKie and Kevin Ollie, who brought me up the right way. So it’s only right I give back. Patrick McCaw is next.” 「當我看到McCaw,我就像看到我的接班,這很難ㄟ~~」小AI說到。「看到可能會取代我的 人,我會想要繼續奮鬥,再多打幾年,再多賺一點。但是我之前有好的老將帶領我,像是 Aaron McKie跟Kevin Ollie,把我帶向正確的道路。現在是我回饋的時候了,McCaw就是我 的接班人。」 Then Iguodala — who pried his extra years (three) and money ($48 million) from the Warriors — paused for a second, realizing that McCaw may not just be “next” up on the depth chart, but is next up at the negotiating table. “He’s a second-rounder, so it’s tough,” Iguodala said. “Somebody’s going to try to steal him next year.” 結果小AI真的又多打幾年(三年約),又多賺一些(4800萬鎂),停下想想,發現McCaw可能沒 法接班打球,可能變成要接班談合約。 「他是二輪選進來的,這真的有點棘手,」小AI說到。「明年一定有人會想把McCaw給偷 走。」 If the Warriors are willing to pay — and so far, they certainly have been — then no one can steal him away. But teams will likely try. 如果勇士老闆願意付錢--目前看來也是如此--那就沒人可以偷走McCaw,只是一定會有其他 隊會想要試試看。 -- 老闆們想要便宜好用的人力,球員想要大約,每年都有好戲看。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 140.112.126.217 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/NBA/M.1499842884.A.674.html ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ※ 轉錄者: alicelee1218 (1.162.72.185), 07/12/2017 20:56:38 ※ 編輯: alicelee1218 (1.162.72.185), 07/12/2017 20:57:38
文章代碼(AID): #1PPXo7Lv (G-S-WARRIORS)
文章代碼(AID): #1PPXo7Lv (G-S-WARRIORS)