Re: [爆卦] 一位醫生在行政院的所見

看板FuMouDiscuss作者 (一點一點走)時間10年前 (2014/03/25 13:46), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
感謝 Taiwan Voice 協助翻譯成英文。 我喜歡這個版本(雖然最後幾句話好像沒譯完), 它用英文的邏輯重新組合過一些概念, 能讓非中文世界的人比較容易瞭解。 如有意願協助轉發我的記錄予外國朋友,請以這個版本為主。 謝謝大家 https://www.facebook.com/TaiwanVoice/posts/729195250457992 "No conversation or interaction, only invasion and eviction." The eviction at the Executive Yuan through the eyes of Dr. Kuo, on the scene during the eviction at the Executive Yuan. Taiwan Voice 2014/03/24 8 p.m. I was scrolling quickly through my Facebook newsfeed and came across: “Crowd moves on the Executive Yuan.” I grabbed my lab coat, climbed over the window with the crowd, and saw my first patient. It was a police officer suffering from a panic attack from guarding the door. I put on my lab coat and went to work. At the same time, an official medical team arrived at the Executive Yuan, getting organized and distributing the workload. Our country should be glad to know the assembled medical team was swift, efficient, organized, and not embroiled in the conflict. 12:00 a.m. The group leader of the official medical team announced that we should retreat from the Executive Yuan immediately. I agreed with the decision but I chose to stay and wait and to continue looking over the protesters. I also believed that, though this space was no longer suitable for practicing medicine, that there would no doubt be some space for me to get set up in the courtyard. After all, I wanted to personally witness everything that was transpiring. Other than myself, there was a dietitian on the scene. As time went on, the small team of volunteers staying behind grew to 11 people, two thirds of us doctors, the rest consisting of a lawyer who had been trained in emergency medical techniques, medical students and dietitians, EMTs, and some doctors who were unwilling to put on their lab coats (wearing lab coats signaled neutrality to the protests). There was also a medical student from Malaysia. I asked him why he came, and he told me that from the point of view of immigrants in Taiwan, Taiwan is the last hope of democracy [in Asia]. “Doctor! Doctor!” Suddenly from up ahead, there was shouting for a doctor. It was for a girl from Hong Kong, emblazoned with badges and stickers supporting the protest. She had collapsed from exhaustion. I asked her “Are you from Hong Kong?” She nodded faintly. I refrained from talking to her about what has happened in Hong Kong [since the transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong to China]. I have heard so much about it over the years. I don’t get it. If someone cannot understand the problems with the Cross-Strait Services Trade Agreement, they should get themselves a ticket to Hong Kong and observe what has happened there. “Doctor! Someone is unconscious!” One person in the first group of protesters who entered Executive Yuan was forced to stay in a room with his friends with little ventilation. He was having a seizure. When I arrived there, things had been stuffed in his mouth preventing him from biting himself. Hmm… It seems the the knowledge spread by soap operas in Taiwan was quite influential. I removed the objects, checked his vital signs and level of consciousness. His vitals were good, and he could still still follow my instructions. The phone number from an EMT I had saved earlier served its function. I contacted him and called an ambulance for the patient. I think he had hyperventilation syndrome, but I was not really sure. “Doctor! Someone’ s eye has been injured!” I re-entered the Executive Yuan, met by a sea of members from the press crazily flashing pictures. I roared, “Respect the patient’ s privacy.” The press responded, “You broke the law first!” This… this is the last hope of democracy in the eyes of Hong Kongers and Malaysians. I lost track of time when the police started to evict the protesters. “Doctor! Someone’s been beaten.” The patient had an injured leg, unable to move. Since training as a doctor in the military, this was the first time I had to put into practice the proper technique for moving an injured patient in the field. However, we were not in war. This was no war. This was just a student-led movement. Back at our tiny temporary medical station. Some doctors asked why we stayed here while others retreated. I said, “I did it for those students. They were persistent in their decision to stay, unwilling to leave amidst the tension. Our true mission was not in fact providing medical care, but rather to persuade them to leave. ” This movement may have caused some bloodshed, but it did not require that they also lay down their lives. There had to be someone to take them away from this place... and this was what we should do. We have to say what their fellow protesters could not say. A radio-controlled aircraft arrives. “Look!” My comrade pointed at a tiny RC aircraft flying in the air. It was a high-tech device from the Ministry of Police. Why did it make me think of Seediq Bale (Taiwanese film)? To the tiny aircraft so high in the sky, you may be able to make out our shape, but can you see what is in our hearts? 3:00 a.m. Re-establishing Medical Station The eviction intensified in violence. The police began removing people from other places and pushed toward the plaza. The senior doctor decided that we should re-establish a medical station at the other side of plaza, considering the route of evacuation and avoiding the conflict. As more and more people joined the team, we regrouped and got prepared for the upcoming clash. Medical supplies were also provided from the medical team at the Legislative Yuan, with the replenished supplies and team members fortifying our base. The patients flooded in. There was not one second of rest. Right in front of the medical station, there was a girl, supported by a friend, weeping and asking police: “Why? Why has Taiwan become like this? Why do you make Taiwan like this?” The water cannons were activated 4:30 a.m. The medical station descended upon by the police Most of the police were polite. A female police officer, actually, tried to maintain a clear passage for patients. What made an even bigger impression on me, however, was the shout from her colleague. He yelled his demands for the medical team to leave the area, adding; “If you don’t, you will cuffed and dragged out by your ankles.” I decided to echo the girl I had just seen crying, shouting on my way out, “Why has Taiwan become like this?” Off the plaza, I wandered around like a ghost. I met another group of doctors, following them to the rear gate of the Executive Yuan. At that time, there were a group of students lying on the ground to stop the water cannon from entering the area to be used. A police officer, looking like a superviser, kept stating that they would not activate the water cannon. I shouted to him, “Of course, you will not activate the cannon because you already have. it is out of water!” He actually tried to deny the fact that the police used water cannon. I lost it and just kept shouting “LIAR.” Finally, he shut up. 5:00 a.m. Return to the plaza I wandered around as if out of my body, met up with another team and followed them. On the way back, the group of students were still lying on the ground, resolute in blocking the water cannon. I have so much gratitude and admiration for them. This image brought to mind the Tiananmen Square protests. However, there was no press to be seen, the students just persisted on in doing what they believed was right, even after the protesters at the plaza had been evicted. A small and simple perseverance. I re-entered the plaza, watching the last patients be cared for among the remaining puddles and ponds left from the water cannons. I thought of something a senior doctor had told me earlier in the day. He said, “when I was in the student movement, you were not even born yet. At that time, removing protesters involved a powerful water cannon. You’ve never seen anything like it. Believe me, it could actually cause internal bruising.” Now, do I even have the chance to tell my children “a water cannon is something that you’ve never seen.” After caring for the last patient, we left the plaza and the strange scene of it being packed with riot police This is our democracy and this is our freedom: No conversation or interaction, only invasion and eviction. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 219.68.102.127

03/25 13:56, , 1F
謝謝
03/25 13:56, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1JCHXC3Q (FuMouDiscuss)
文章代碼(AID): #1JCHXC3Q (FuMouDiscuss)