法網QF賽後訪問

看板Federer作者 (Joesphine)時間15年前 (2009/06/04 12:21), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/7 (看更多)
R. FEDERER/G. Monfils 7-6, 6-2, 6-4 An interview with: ROGERFEDERER THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please. Q. Simple question: How did you feel? ROGER: Sure, I was very happy to be back in the semis here, and having played a good match against Gaël. I think it's been my most consistent match of the tournament so far, and of course it comes at the right time because I knew the danger of Gaël. Q. What was your impression of his game? Do you think he suffered a bit from the home crowd? Depression? ROGER: We're all nervous at this stage of the competition. I felt it. Yesterday I felt it, and I felt it again today in the warm up, when I warmed up before the match. I was tired, I was nervous, and I didn't feel really good. Then once out on court,you know, I get my act together with the experience. You know, I think things will be all right. Sure, maybe he's put too much pressure on him. I doubt it, you know,because it's part of our job and we're used to it. He definitely didn't play the best of matches in the second, but I think the first set was very high quality, and so was the third. So I still think he played a pretty good match. Q. How was the crowd for you? I had the impression the French crowd is almost behind you. ROGER: I think it was fair, you know. Of course, I'm delighted to see to what extent they are supporting me. You know,I feel like they've almost adopted me, you know. I obviously, you know, thanked them for that,and I'll try to come up with some other good performances hopefully. Q. Against Del Potro in the semis. ROGER: That's great. You are watching the matches. Yeah, it's a good matchup. I'vehad some success against him, especially in Australia. I played a great match. That's not the kind of match I'm looking at. I'm looking more of in Madrid it was a closer match. I think clay suits his game even more, and he's really improved a lot in the last year or so. I'm sure it's going to be a difficult match. Q. It looks as if Gaël Monfils had some very warm words for you at the end of the match. Do you get the sense a lot of people are pulling for you this week, that they'd love to see you finally do it on Sunday? ROGER: Yeah, I mean, I feel it since a few years now, to be honest with you. But this year even more extreme. When I walk on the streets or drive in the transportation or I go for dinner, everybody is like, This is your year. You've got to do it. They're screaming from their scooters and out of the car. They even get out at the red lights and want me to sign an auto graph or take a picture. It's quite incredible this last couple of weeks. It just shows me that everybody is watching the French Open here, and it's great to get the support. You know, once out in the stadium it's amazing. I mean, we don't have a grand Slam in Switzerland,but I definitely feel at home in the Grand Slams, and especially here. Q. How do you deal with that yourself knowing that you're only two matches away from finally realizing your dream? It must be exciting, and clearly every now and again you have to let yourself think about that. ROGER: Yeah, I mean, it's also one of the reasons why I was nervous going into this match, because, you know, the whole stories of, you know, Nadal losing, Murray losing, Djokovic losing, maybe opening up the draw a little bit. Obviously they also play with my mind, even though it doesn't affect me yet. Now it does because I'm not playing Djokovic but I'm playing Del Potro. But even that would have been an okay draw as well playing Novak. I've also had some good success against him. It's nice feeling the support. You know, it can only help a player, to be honest. I'm very thrilled and excited to be back in another semis and giving myself the opportunity. Doesn't mean because I have a great record against all the players left in the draw that, you know, I'm going to win this,but I'll definitely try everything I possibly can to do it. Q. The game and even the attitude you showed in that first set, some of us think we haven't seen that from you in recent times. Did you feel that way too? Did you feel you're back on a track that hasn't been running as straight as it has in the past? ROGER: Well, I thought I played great in Madrid, you know. I was mixing up my game really well. I think this last four matches I think have been rather on the difficult side, just because I had some tough starts to the matches. Instead of maybe going ahead abreak I was down a break or down a set. You know, being down a set is never really a comforting feeling. That's why for me it was important to get off to a better start today,and thank god I got the first set. For the first time I could play a bit more relaxed match. I think I showed it today. I was able to hit through the ball more. Everything just started to click. That's something I haven't had a whole lot at this tournament yet. Q. When you talk about the nervousness you felt, tension and stuff right before thematch, was that something that maybe you needed actually to be able to respond the way you did? ROGER: I mean, I don't like it, but I know that once on center court for the match I'll be okay. That's where I think experience helps me in a big way. If I would have never been in a quarterfinals before, I think I would have maybe crumbled under the pressure or played a wrong game plan or mentally been fragile. But knowing I've been in this position so many times, and it doesn't matter if I'm zero nervous or 100% nervous, I know I'll always play a decent match in the quarterfinals stage of a Grand Slam. Q. That's 20 Grand Slam semis in a row for you now, but you talk about being nervous. Are the nerves much greater this time, because this is the one you so desperately want to win? ROGER: That's what you guys say. No, I mean, I get nervous from time to time, you know, on some matches. There's no reason behind it, you know. But when you maybe sometimes want to do maybe too well, that happens. Or just because you know it could be a tough crowd or maybe you're not 100%, you know, sure about your game yet. That's how I felt before this match, for instance, you know. But I could go into the semifinal match feeling zero nerves, you know. That's not always a good sign, either. For me, it's good to be able togo through those moments where I still do feel nervous. That means I care for the game and I want to stay around for a long time. Q. Earlier in the year when you weren't playing your best, kind of point out what you think was preventing you from doing that? And were you positive that your best stuff was just around the corner? ROGER: I mean, I thought I played great in Australia. For some reason, just because I lost in five, people think I played terrible at the Australian Open. It's not the case. I played great in Australia and ran into Rafa who played phenomenal tennis. Unfortunately I didn't play a great fifth set, but he took advantage and got it. After that, I agree that many times I had the match on my racquet, like against Murray in Indian Wells, Djokovic in Miami, and so forth, and also in Rome. But I didn't play that many tournaments yet,let's not forget. I had a back problem I had to deal with. You know, I just had to get back into the tournament swing. That's why I was actually pretty happy the way I've always been playing. I think it would have been different if I would have lost first and second round all the time, but it wasn't the case. I always played semis or finals, basically. For this reason, I always knew there was no need to panic. It was just important to keep on working extremely hard and do the right things, and I'm happy that the hard work is paying off, you know, more and more. But still I have some more work to do, you know, to stay where I am right now and hopefully get the French Open title and then hopefully move on to the grass in a great spirit. Q. You said that people were screaming at you at red lights and getting off their scooters. Have you ever had this kind of emotional, sort of raw emotional support? And secondly, do you think that's a little bit dangerous? ROGER: Not really. I enjoy it, to be honest. They'reall very happy to see me, you know. I felt this way now for a couple of years now, and in New York as well where I got unbelievable, tremendous support. I think they really wanted to see me do well, you know, after maybe sort of a rocky season last year. I think they really wanted me to win the US Open. I felt it a little bit in New York,to be honest. Q. Your next match will be against Juan Martin Del Potro in semifinal. Could you please tell me something about this match, your feeling about this match, about Del Potro? ROGER: Well, I think he's improved in incredible ways since, let's say one year ago. I think he was only ranked 50 in the world this time last year. Just shows how quickly things can change in tennis. With a lot of confidence and a good game plan and good physique and good mental, you can govery far in tennis. But it takes a lot of hard work, and I think that's what he has put into. You know, at his young age to already achieve regular quarterfinals and semifinals of Slams is a great effort. I expect a very difficult match against Juan Martin. I have a lot of respect for him. Yeah, I have a good record against him, but it doesn't mean a thing right now because it's too big of a match, too dangerous, and he's playing too well at this tournament to under estimate him. THE MODERATOR: French questions, please. Q. You were very consistent in your game right from the first rally, so how did you prepare for this match mentally to be in the match at all times? ROGER: Well, I hoped I would start better than during the last matches when I put myself in difficult situation either because of my opponent or because of my game. But quite fortunately today the tiebreak was good. I played in a very aggressive way. I managed to go by thetactic I had planned. When I can do that, I feel very confident, and I felt confident. And then my shape was getting better and better all along the match. I'm very happy with my performance today. Q. Was experience important today? ROGER: Maybe. I didn't talk about the match with Gaël afterwards. I didn't listen to what he said. But as far as I'm concerned, whether I'm nervous or not before such a match, I know that these are key moments, and these are the key moments when I play the best. I have new opportunity to reach the semifinals here in Paris,and I can do better. Q. You said it at least 10 times today that you were nervous. Were you nervous because he was a French guy, because people said it was the most difficult match for you on your way to the title? Was it "the" opponent you had to defeat to win the title? ROGER: No, those guys reaching semifinals deserve more than those who are not. Maybe it's a combination of everything, but it can also be a feeling you have, you know, deep within yourself. You think, okay, I'm nervous. I don't know why. You can't sleep well, even though before it wasn't a problem. But you don't manage to eat well, you feel a bit dizzy, and you don't know exactly why. You know, there are days like that on the tour. That happens. It's also true that there's a lot of pressure with all those who lost before, and I was facing a French guy. So quite normal I had a bit of pressure, but that made no difference once I was on the court. Q. When did you understand that you actually won the match? Was it during the second set or during the third set when you had this forehand down the line ROGER: No, that was when I had a break game at 5-4. I knew I was in an optimal position, and yet you always have a huge respect for your opponent. You can't help but thinking, well, with his style, with the support of the crowd, he can still win the third set, and then we'll have to play a fourth set and it's going to be hard. So it's 5-4, 30-Love,and you feel a bit more relaxed than if you have to play a tiebreak. Q. In English you said it was your best match here in Paris. Maybe your best match on clay this year. Why would you say that? What in your game are you particularly happy about today? ROGER: A bit of everything. I managed to implement my tactics. I wanted to be aggressive, and I managed to be aggressive, even if I made mistakes at the beginning. But I went by my plan and it worked out, so I'm happy. I had good coverage of the courts. I'm happy. I know that Gaël is the kind of player, you know, when he wants, he can play incredible tennis. When he doesn't, he doesn't. He has these ups and downs, so that makes it difficult to play him. But today it worked out well, so I'm extremely happy about it. Q. You might be playing a final against a Swedish guy. What can you tell us about Soderling's game? ROGER: Well, wonderful. He's defeated Ferrer, Nadal, and Davydenko, one after the other, not even playing five sets. I think it was four sets, four sets, and three sets. I just played him in Madrid. It was an easy match, two sets. But he's in pretty good shape, so he's gotlots of chances in semifinals. Q. A week ago, would you have imagined you'd be the super favorite of the tournament? If we told you that like 10 days ago, would you have believed us? ROGER: Well, at this stage, you know, I expected I would be in semifinals, but I was not expecting Rafa to be out before the semifinals. But once you've reached the semifinals, those four guys have an opportunity to win the tournament. Q. That's a huge performance. That's your 20th semifinal in a Grand Slam tournament. That sounds crazy. What do you think about it? ROGER: It's the "in a row" that seems incredible to me. Twenty semifinals is incredible, but twenty semifinals in a row? It's even more incredible, even to me. Sometimes I lose sight of it because of all the tournaments and matches I play all along the year. You lose sights of these records, but that's probably the one I'm most proud of. I still hold it. So, yes, that's big. That's huge. I'm really proud of it. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.230.12.208

06/04 12:34, , 1F
consistent...XD
06/04 12:34, 1F

06/04 12:45, , 2F
好多題目好無聊@@
06/04 12:45, 2F

06/04 12:48, , 3F
終於看完了...
06/04 12:48, 3F

06/04 13:06, , 4F
看到關於法國人支持他的部分我又哭了...是我哭點太低嗎
06/04 13:06, 4F

06/04 13:06, , 5F
= = 那算哭點嗎 科科科科科
06/04 13:06, 5F

06/04 13:08, , 6F
也許我的點比較奇怪@@
06/04 13:08, 6F

06/04 15:37, , 7F
I'm really proud of it!!! 20 semifinals in a row!!
06/04 15:37, 7F
文章代碼(AID): #1A9qlPml (Federer)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1A9qlPml (Federer)