法網第三輪賽後訪問

看板Federer作者 (Joesphine)時間15年前 (2009/05/31 12:37), 編輯推噓5(503)
留言8則, 5人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
R. FEDERER/P. Mathieu 4-6, 6-1, 6-4, 6-4 An interview with: ROGERFEDERER THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please. Q. Seemed pretty tough conditions out there this afternoon andevening. Did it take you a little timeto get adjusted to the wind? ROGER: Well, I mean, you can never, I think, quiteget used to swirly winds. It was toughconditions. It was tough to see the ball,too, with the sun going down. The stands were verybright, so it made it very difficult to see the ball and keep the ball inplay. I think that's why rallies wereshort and conditions were pretty quick in the beginning, because, you know, it was a nice day all day. When the sunshines onto the court for 10 hours, that's what you get at the end of the day. So it was kind of difficult, but I think once sort of the shadow came in, you know, I think the level of play also picked up. So the end was a good one,and I was happy the way I played towards the end. Q. There was just a pretty significant controversy in the women's draw. You're known for your sportsmanship. When a ball hits a player, is it the player's responsibility to report it, do you think, to the chair umpire that it's hit him or her, and the point is over? ROGER: Oh, you mean ?? okay, so the player got hit won the point? Q. Correct. ROGER: It's a tough call. I mean, it's one of those borderline calls, you know, where ?? it's like if you get a double bounce when you run for adropshot. Yourself, you can't hardly feel it. I mean, I guess when you touch it with part of your shirt, I mean ?? I'm saying now that I would absolutely report it, you know. But then if Wimbledonis on the line, would you? I would think I would, just because out offair play. So would I report it. But because it happens so little, that maybe in the moment itself you don't know what to do, and then you realize it's such an important point. You know, actually I want that point. The umpire probably didn't see it,and next thing you're maybe doing something you shouldn't have done and you regret it later on. This is where it'smaybe a tough call sometimes. Q. Now you sitting on the player council, and you're listening how Nadal is talking about the antidoping rules. You're a former No. 1. You shared that table with him on the player's council with him. How much a player of your influence can sway things the way playerswant? ROGER: We don't have much power when it comes to about the doping issues, you know, just because rules are in place. They've ?? how does it work? The international, you can avoid that, well then the Spanish would request it from him. So we have to do it anyway, you know. Either from the national or the international level, we'd be asked from someone to report for one hour a day. That's why it's a losing battle. I haven't heard his comments that much lately. I heard it in the beginning when he first came out. I think it was in Australiaor something. I mean, I heard that. Sure, I understand him, you know, but what are you going to do? It's not fun for anyone, you know. I think he knows that. We just try to get through it as well as we can. Q. In general, you get the feeling that as a former No. 1, or while you were No. 1,your goal was getting here, and you guys have no strength to shape this sportthe way you want, to solve the issues? ROGER: I think so, especially now that we're in the council. Even though being in the council that's not a very strong position. I think it is when you're ranked at the top and you want the best forthe game. So I think having a lot of players now in the council is a good thing. That means we have to speak, even though, let's say we don't like each other, which is not the case. But it makes us sit down at the table and discuss issues that maybe we would never do,and I think that's a good thing. He's being very good in the meetings. He's always listened a lot. We have ?? when we agree, you know,things move very quickly. So far, we've only agreed on everything, which is a nice thing. I like doing business with Rafa, let's say. (laughter.) Sounds so serious, but it's ??the meetings are fun, too. Q. So do you think the ATP has advanced significantly with the new head and the new changes with the council? ROGER: Well, it's a process that takes its time, you know, for Adam Helfant to get into the job, listening around, meeting the people. I think those times are kind ofover now. I think now he can start taking decisions. There was a transition period, as well, which made it hard, you know, to change a few things. But honestly, we have better prize money, you know. Etienne didn't do all bad, you know, but definitely there were some tough decisions like with the Hamburg case and so forth. So there was a few tough situations, also with communications. I think that's under control now. That's why it's just more smooth now. I'm looking forward for a great future for the ATP. Q. In golf there has been a lot of talk about the impact of the downturn in the economy. Has there been any talk or discussion about that in the ATP? ROGER: Sure, we talked about it, you know. We want to not destroy any tournaments, you know. Tournaments and players have to work together, even though we want things, tournaments want things. I think that's at the end of the job, it's Adam's,sort of nice job to judge, you know, both parties and see what's best for the sport. I think because we're in the council, I think it's interesting for the tournaments that they see we do care from our side, because we know they care. They try to put on a great event for us. We are thankful by showing up and trying to put on a good show. So for this reason, I think it's working actually really well at the moment, even though times are tough. THE MODERATOR: Questions in French. Q. It is always said that you shouldn't be happy of the loss of an opponent, but how do you react to Djokovic's loss? He was the toughest player in your part of the draw. How do you react to his loss? ROGER: If I can't reach the semifinal it won't change anything for me, so I should not lose focus. I've seen nothing from that match, so I can't talk about that match. I was playing at the same time, more or less. I was getting prepared when he started. But indeed it is a surprise, that's for sure. But I'm very pleased with my match today, and that's the most important thing. Q. But aren't you relieved? ROGER: No, not at all. Winning the semifinal is not winning the tournament, so it doesn't change anything. Q. A question about the conditions. You were talking about the light. From the press stands, we had the impression that the wind blew away all the clay. Did this give you problems? ROGER: Well, there are always bad bounces on clay,whether it's windy or not. The most difficult thing, as you said, was that there was not much clay left. So it was ?? sometimes it was slippery and sometimes it was less slippery, so you needed to be more cautious when you tried to slide. You need to be careful, and that made things more difficult. You need to know exactly how far from the ball you were, because sometimes when you were trying to findy our rhythm and trying to put the ball in you still missed, and then you felt terrible. It was difficult to see the ball,because everything was very bright behind the ball. So it was not easy, indeed. That's the reason why maybe the level of game was not so great in the beginning. But then at the end we started playing better, and I think the match was great. Q. What pleased you in this match and what disappointed you about your game? And also another question about the whole tournament. What is your impression? ROGER: I'm disappointed with nothing. I'm happy I won. I missed some opportunities in the first set and he played well. But as I said, we didn't have much rhythm. I was trying to put the ball in, but in that case it's difficult to win all the points. That's why he stayed into the match. After that, he started playing really well. He played very strong, hard shots on the baseline. It was difficult for me. He had more rhythm in the beginning. It was more difficult for me. I was not feeling my serve very well. But as the match progressed, I felt better with my serve. It's always dangerous to lose the first set. Q. And for the whole tournament? ROGER: It's correct. I'm happy I'm still here. Other shave lost already. I'm still there. Of course, I hope I'll play better and better match after match. But if the conditions change, the opponents change, I'm hoping for the best in my next match. I hope I'll be able to show what I can do. Q. About the difficulties you talked about, we had the impression you were in control. Was it true? ROGER: More or less. After losing the first set. I was not controlling the match then; he was. But after being up 2-Love, things came my way again. I served better, and this is why I was able to mix it up more. It's been a while. I haven't played against Paul-Henri, so it was difficult for me to see where he was going to serve or hit his forehand orbackhand. Next time I'll play him I believe I will be able to see where--it will be easier to play against him. It's easier when you know the player better. Q. It's the weekend. It's the beginning of the evening. People have a lot of fun. They enjoy it. Is it different from when you play during the week? What do you think about the atmosphere? ROGER: The stadium was full from the beginning to the end, which is not always the case, and that was really nice. To be able to have that in the first week is great, and the crowd was very fair play. I had a lot of pleasure. I really enjoyed that match. I saw the Hola, the wave. It was really nice, the Mexican wave. I think it was a good match. Both of us enjoyed it,even if I won, so I had maybe a bit more fun. It's a lot of fun playing those kind of matches. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.230.16.195 ※ 編輯: Joesphine 來自: 61.230.16.195 (05/31 12:38)

05/31 12:58, , 1F
囧...還是看不懂,能否有好心的大大幫忙翻譯!!??
05/31 12:58, 1F

05/31 13:01, , 2F
這次關於比賽的問題好少
05/31 13:01, 2F

05/31 13:15, , 3F
對啊 問好多關於藥檢、賽會制度、Djo的問題
05/31 13:15, 3F

06/01 15:27, , 4F
If I can't reach the semifinal it won't change any
06/01 15:27, 4F