Re: 博士倫女網賽

看板FRA_hotties作者 (起司豬排)時間19年前 (2005/04/09 21:08), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串6/8 (看更多)
Rejuvenated Pierce Sets Sights on 3rd Grand Slam Title AMELIA ISLAND, Florida (Reuters) - Mary Pierce believes she could still challenge for a third grand slam title despite losing to Serena Williams in the third round of the Amelia Island Championship Friday. The 30-year-old has struggled with injuries since winning the French Open in 2000, reaching just one grand slam quarter-final since. However she showed enough in her 7-6, 6-4 defeat by Williams to suggest that she could still challenge for major honors. "I know I can lift my game when I need to because I've done it many times before," said the Frenchwoman. "If I could have one more run at a grand slam, that'd be really nice." Pierce has teamed up again with her long-term coach Nick Bollettieri in Florida, and the hard work she has put in is already showing signs of fruition. Seemingly over the shoulder injury that sidelined her at the Australian Open, Pierce looked rejuvenated and close to her best for long periods against Williams, and only a strong comeback from the American denied her victory. "There's really no secret to it," Pierce said. "I've been working really really hard to get my fitness level up, and it's paying off. "Physically I feel great. I've just been working really hard with my brother (David), and with Nick. Nick's really excited, I'm really excited about it and I'm really enjoying being on the court again. "There's still room for improvement, but in general I think I'm playing great and I feel like I can compete with the top girls. It's good to have a taste of it." Though Pierce made her grand slam breakthrough at the Australian Open in 1995, when she beat Arantxa Sanchez Vicario of Spain in the final, clay has always been her favorite surface. If she is to have one more grand slam run, therefore, logic says it will be at the French Open where she still enjoys outstanding support. "This (Amelia Island) is my first claycourt tournament and Roland Garros is definitely my goal," she said. "That's six weeks away so it's very exciting. I've had a lot of great moments on the court and that's what motivates me, keeps me going." ※ 引述《paotzu (期貨小寶)》之銘言: : 皮姐對上serena那一場我一直盯著計分表看,覺得皮姐狀況調整的很好,還曾經破對手 : 發球局,第一盤搶七決勝局本已5比1領先了,卻被serena逆轉,真是太可惜了,第二盤 : 也絲毫沒有放棄鬆懈的情形,這一場本有機會贏,只能說...太可惜了,不過沒關係,依 : 她目前的狀態,我相信下一週的家庭生活盃會有更好的成績,瞄準法網喔,親愛的皮姐! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.230.77.194
文章代碼(AID): #12LzEvif (FRA_hotties)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #12LzEvif (FRA_hotties)