Re: FreeBSD 10 and zfsd

看板FB_current作者時間10年前 (2014/06/24 02:32), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串12/14 (看更多)
Op maandag 23 juni 2014 heeft Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org> het volgende geschreven: > On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com > <javascript:;>> wrote: > > > > op 24-03-14 01:18, Alan Somers schreef: > >> > >> On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org > <javascript:;>> wrote: > >>> > >>> Hi guys, > >>> > >>> Any updates? > >> > >> I've been very busy, but I did finally get those two seqpacket related > >> bugs fixed in head. The next step is finding time for the merge. > >> Right now my FreeBSD todo list goes: > >> 1) Commit fixes for half a dozen FIB related bugs. I already have > >> them fixed in my private stable/9 branch, but need to port the fixes > >> to HEAD. > >> 2) Update the zfsd branch. > >> > >> I think that I'll be able to get number 1 done next week, or at least > >> send patches out for review. I don't know if I'll get to number 2. > >> > >> -Alan > >> _______________________________________________ > >> freebsd-current@freebsd.org <javascript:;> mailing list > >> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current > >> To unsubscribe, send any mail to " > freebsd-current-unsubscribe@freebsd.org <javascript:;>" > > > > > > Hello all. Sorry for bringing up on old thread. > > Is there any news on the zfsd part. > > It seems it has been included in Truenas, but I did not see anything hit > the > > tree regarding zfsd. Have I missed it or is it still not done. > > FreeBSD 9.3 is about to get released, and 10.1 will follow it would be > nice > > to have in a new build.. > > The projects/zfsd project branch is up to date. Merging it to CURRENT > is blocked on these tasks. > > 1) (The biggie) We must resolve the issue with multiple geom opens. > Geom tries to prevent any two consumers from simultaneously opening > the same provider. This is why, for example, you can't do dd > if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ada0 if your ada0 has a mounted file system. > However, ZFS internally opens spare devices multiple times. The only > way that geom will allow that is if ZFS opens devices non-exclusively. > That means that you will lose your protection. Fixing this correctly > requires deep changes to ZFS to remove the multiple opens. > > 2) Need to merge in zfsd's functional tests. I'm currently working on > this issue as time allows. > > 3) It needs a manpage. > > 4) Various bug fixes need to be merged to the kernel and to LibZFS. > Coordinating with Illumos makes that process slow. will@ is working > on it as time allows. > > 5) libdevctl needs to be made private > > 6) The sequential packet feature added to devd in the zfsd project > branch at revision r266519 must be merged to head. It's currently > waiting for review from imp@ and ian@. > > For TrueNAS, I believe that delphij@ merged an older version of zfsd > from the project branch. > > -Alan > > > > > > > regards > > Johan > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > > freebsd-current@freebsd.org <javascript:;> mailing list > > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current > > To unsubscribe, send any mail to " > freebsd-current-unsubscribe@freebsd.org <javascript:;>" > Thanks for the headsup and your time explaning the issues.. Regards Johan _______________________________________________ freebsd-current@freebsd.org mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-current To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
文章代碼(AID): #1Jg7AZtY (FB_current)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1Jg7AZtY (FB_current)