Re: : allenh0728 (99.255.175.95), 11/30/2016 16:1

看板EngTalk作者 (Show me)時間7年前 (2016/12/17 03:01), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
: It seems like there are overwhelmingly many negative reactions to this new att : raction. Then from this I shall offer an opinion from the opposite side. : Firstly, what matters really is how the process is done. As the manager said i : n the article, the fish were purchased dead in a local fisher's market before : they were frozen in the rink. These fish were dead. Turning them into an attra : ction and potentially an artistic piece with another layer of meaning isn't so : mething to be ashamed of. On a more philosophical note, once the living is dea : d and no longer experience pain the body is just a merely empty vessel. There : is simply no consciousness of mind. : Secondly, on an economic note, the capital belonged to this cooperation so why : does it matter how they would like spend it to get the highest return? It sho : uldn't matter to what the general public thinks as they hold no obligation to : explain the reasons behind their decisions. You can argue that it's not moral : to do such a thing but in this world is capitalism you do not hold the right t : o judge or criticise; all you have is the power to choose to not go. : So drop this act of pretense, stop acting as if we all were saints, and care a : bout lives of those that are all around us because we, humans, are cynical. : It is just as what Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet act 2 scene 2: There is no righ : t nor wrong but thinking makes it so. : This is just another case where some people who believed that they have high m : orale and advocated to take "the right side" by imposing some kind of "moral s : tandard" and in the end the general public, in order to be viewed as aligned w : ith this false sense of "high morale" and not be vulnerable under the attacks : of socal segregation, fell prey and gave in. I love your opinion, and actually I support your opinion. but for the sake of debate and practicing my English skill I would like to provide other thoughts First, I hope we're debating in the same issues your main point is that the dead fish and sea creatures have no difference with the rocks or bricks. Therefore, they can be used as we wanted. Let's say, the skate rink was not made by the dead fish or sea creatures. What if we used the plastic material and painted them vividly. They really looked like the real ones. Then froze them into the skate rink. Would you feel it is better?? If yes, even a very tiny better feeling. why? what makes the difference? I think many people will agree that they are different but may base on different reasons. The question is: Why do different material lead to the different way of thinking?? The answer might be that: Becuase the dead fish and sea creatures related more things to us than "the vivid painted plastic material". The relation with us does matter. How we perceive the world is more important than the world really is. The world without me is just empty."Me" is very important.The closer the relation is , the more we prioritize it. And these priorities decide how we perceive the world around us. So the order of priority for everyone is likely as follow: Me, things I really care, my family, my friends,my country... human beings, other animals....the earth.....the universe etc. Regardless of our opinion or logic, the world works in this way. It will create a lot of chaos if everyone just focus on themselves,especially when people need to live together. There is where the moral standards come from. A power above everyone gave it to us. And the so-call "moral standards"(I personally dislike it, but for lack of a better phrase) still follows the priority. Everyone has different priority and the people who hold the power have their own priority. Inevitably, moral standards are shapeless and very changeable. and it looks like a ball, when you're in this ball, everything is acceptable but when you go extreme, it will cause attention and become "unacceptable". Therefore this attraction just is "unacceptable" in this time. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 59.127.10.207 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/EngTalk/M.1481914875.A.029.html
文章代碼(AID): #1OL3dx0f (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #1OL3dx0f (EngTalk)