[Talk] Just an ordinary findout

看板EngTalk作者 (書到用時方恨少)時間14年前 (2010/06/14 21:04), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
This is not very surprising to those who are not native speakers but very good at Eng speakings, but I've learned English for more than 10 yrs and until now I realize it. I believe most of ppl know that watching series is a good way to practice Eng speaking and listening. I am ashamed that until 25 I started to use this method to practice my speaking. Though it wasn't difficult for me to get the words by reading Chinese subtitles and listening to English conversations when I watch an Eng movie, I didn't know that it is SO DIFFICULT to catch the words without subtitles. I didn't know that it is INCREBLY DIFFICULT to repeat what I've heard by the same pace, even if I know what the text content is exactly. Btw, the material I use for practicing is Firends. You can use any materials you like. One sentence is like this, I was just saying to my friend that you are the most beautiful woman that I've ever seen in my life. This sentence is very easy if I encounter it while reading, but I've practiced more than 20 times and still couldn't speak as clearly and fast as the actor does. Without trying I wouldn't find I am so weak at speaking. (I know I am very weak at speaking anyway. I just didn't know that even after 20+ times trying, I still can't make it.) But somehow I found it is indeed a good way to practice speaking. (If you find out that it's not difficult for you to do some practice, but it's very difficult for you to pass it. It's very possible it's a great practice.) My English is bad. I hope this sharing could help some ppl who would like to improve his/her Eng speaking anyway. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.115.151.69
文章代碼(AID): #1C5YZH9p (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #1C5YZH9p (EngTalk)