Re: [Talk] How ?

看板EngTalk作者 (jeff)時間16年前 (2007/11/13 21:44), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串4/4 (看更多)
Wow that is a lot for the patient to digest. First of all, I think leaving out all the medical terms is fine. Instead of letting the patient know that the position is used to "reveal the apex region of the lung without the shadow of the clavicle," all you really have to say is ... "This position provides the best view to diagnose where your problem is." Patients are not interested (unless they understand medicine) in all the mumbo-jumbo medical talk. All they really want is to find out what their problem is. So as long as they know that what you are doing is in their best interest, then everything should be ok. I think there's no need for all the extra descriptions. When telling them what position to get into... just short sentences will go a long way. "Ok. Please stand there facing the board. Ok. Both hands on your waist. Very good. And push your shoulders forward so they touch the board." (I'm not really sure if that would be the right sequence, but I think you should understand what I mean.) Hope this helps you! ※ 引述《aceliang (釀型沾醬。)》之銘言: : Thanks for your reply. : I'm a radiologist who takes x-ray photos, CT scan, MRI, PET scan, etc. : At the routine work department, my job is taking good images for doctors : to diagnose, so not only the protocol of photography should be modified : but the position of patients is also very important for survey. : For example, while we're taking a Chest PA (Chest posteroanterior view) : for standard physical examination, patients must put their both hands : on waist and push their shoulders aginst the image intensifier board, which : provides a better view of lung without distubing of both scapulae. : Due to the bad relationship between patients and hospital, the contact : of body is supposed to be decreased as more as possible, so I cannot : just grab their arms or any body parts for it. : There are much more different positions that harder than Chest PA, such as : Chest lordotic, which must reveal the apex region of lung without the shadow : of clavicle. To make a good image, the patient must lean against the board : on their C7-T1 portion on their back. Some situation like the above force me : to explain or solve their question in English, but I always made the sentences : too long and complex. : Is there any solvant like watching the soap opera or what help this? : Well, thanks for your reply again. XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.115.160.146

11/13 21:57, , 1F
thanks! I'll try it!
11/13 21:57, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #17EQeclZ (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #17EQeclZ (EngTalk)