Re: [Ask ] Women and Men

看板EngTalk作者 (往前飛)時間17年前 (2007/03/15 00:03), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串3/5 (看更多)
※ 引述《annfeel (da bin)》之銘言: : I have an assignment about the differece between Men and Women? : But, actually, I have no concrete idea and experience about this topic. : I ask for someone who can give me some ideas. : (1) the differences between men and women : (2) things that men are better than women at : (3) things that woemn are better than men at : Thank you guys^^ Well, that's a great question! Recently we were assigned to read articles related to this question. I think I've got thousands of words to say but I would just make it brief. The differences of Men and Women? Here I'll present you two of my points. The very first difference certainly is the biological structure. Then the different expectations of men and women. I know expectations comes from outside observations and interpretations, but this is also a critical difference between men and women. First, society expects men to be masculine, authoritative, dominated, brave and strong whereas little expectations of women are gentle, obedient and subordinate. Actually, it comes from the social gender stereotype. Men and women usually act exactly the ways the society expects them to be. However, more and more people now have already change their social values toward both men and women. As you know, there are lots of promising female figures around these days. Women can be cops, leaders and presidents now, but women are still discriminated against in some ways. Second, men and women have different kinds of friendships. Women like to talk to create intimacy. They share good and bad things with each other, sometimes they complain a lot but still can comfort each other. But men are different. Men usually don't talk that much as women do. Their relationships are mostly based on doing things together and share with each other. In my opinions, a silent consensus is underlying in men's friendships. So that's why they don't like to talk a lot as women do. One of my friends gave me a concept that the reason why men are not talkative is because they have greater responsibilities to deal with. They hide their feelings in order to be supports for others. I think this is a good point. -- These two points were what I could think of so far. I hope you don't mind. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.64.176.66 ※ 編輯: dreamwayfare 來自: 61.64.176.66 (03/15 00:05)
文章代碼(AID): #15-1pMNX (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #15-1pMNX (EngTalk)