Re: [Idea] Please give me a suggestion

看板EngTalk作者 (FoBenJa)時間17年前 (2006/10/25 19:43), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 1人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《laion (戰地琴人)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《siriue (祈禱~)》之銘言: : : I wanna change my English name : : Please give me a suggestion^^ : : I preffered some kind of name like : : : Stanly Morris James Terry.. : : maybe you can propose other idea to me, : : or help me chose one of them above. : : Thank you everyone~~^__^ : : Good Luck!! : i don't know why ... but i feel names in United states lack of variety... : i could not read the meaning from the names such as Michael, Jack, or Peter etc : They are all same to me ... except they have different spelling : and pronunciation. orz : So i seldom use that ... : For me, Chinese names are more beautiful and meaningful : Does anyone have the same feeling with me ? actually, english names are very much meaningful... although some of them are common, there are deep meanings behind them... for example: Michael - From the Hebrew name (Mika'el) which meant "who is like God?". This is the name of one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers. This was also the name of nine Byzantine emperors and a czar of Russia. Jack - Derived from Jackin (earlier Jankin), a medieval pet form of JOHN. John - English form of Iohannes, which was the Latin form of the Greek name (Ioannes), itself derived from the Hebrew name (Yochanan) meaning "YAHWEH is gracious". This name owes its consistent popularity to two New Testament characters, both highly revered as saints. Peter - Derived from the Greek (Petros) meaning "stone". This is a translation used in most versions of the Bible of the name Cephas (meaning "stone" in Aramaic) which was given to the apostle Simon by Jesus -- And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart? http://www.wretch.cc/album/FoBenja -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.167.168.219

10/27 14:46, , 1F
I know many English names are meaningful
10/27 14:46, 1F

10/27 14:47, , 2F
but I still like Chinese name more...
10/27 14:47, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #15FqtU_A (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #15FqtU_A (EngTalk)