Re: [Mind] What is life?

看板EngTalk作者 (會有那麼一天嗎?)時間18年前 (2006/09/14 12:45), 編輯推噓2(204)
留言6則, 3人參與, 最新討論串4/6 (看更多)
Well... I had almost the same doubts about life and all that there is in it just a few months ago. I had a so-called "good job" at that time, good pay, challenging tasks, nice boss...yet I still feel an emptiness inside. I've came to a point in life where I started to wonder about what I really want. I came to think about some big questions like "What is the meaning of life?" "Why do people bother to go to work?" "If it isn't for salary's sake, would I continue coming to the office every morning?" So I quit the job and flew to India, where I stayed for almost a month and learned many things through the local people. I don't want to get into wordy explanations and stories about what happened to me in India, but all I wanted to tell you is that I think the moment have come. The moment for you to make some changes in your life. Wether it is to go abroad for a vacation, or like some people have suggested, change your current job for something better...No matter what change you make, it will automatically ease your pressure and doubt about life. You will have something new to explore and think about. Most of all, you get to feel "good about yourself" for making this change, not the context of the change itself, but the action taken. You will be proud, or at least satisfied with your inner self for taking the risk, for doing something different, for writing something unique onto your book of life history. My story doesn't lead to a 100% success or happy ending. After I returned to Taiwan, my current job isn't as good as the last one. My colleagues are not as nice, the environment isn't as comfortable, the future doesn't seem as clear ....but to me, it's all worth. I get to be somewhere else, doing something else and most of all... The change came from my own will. I made a change in my life. And I felt good about having the courage and gut to do it. ※ 引述《woii (Look!I'm a idiot.)》之銘言: : WOW~I haven't use English for a long time. : I almost forget how to spell some words. : About my life recently, I think it's terrible. : I really had a thought to change my job, but I did not have : enough courage. I was afraid to change. : What if there is no good colleague ~ : What if I don't like the environment ~ : What if I can't bear that kind of stress~ : >"< All my friends try to cheer me up but I'm still so pessimistic. : So I rejected the chance. : I don't know what do I really want. : I don't know how my life will be. : What is life? : What does it mean to me? : Please convince me. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.202.41.253

09/14 18:35, , 1F
great
09/14 18:35, 1F

09/14 18:35, , 2F
good
09/14 18:35, 2F

09/14 20:29, , 3F
TKS! I saw your courage.
09/14 20:29, 3F

09/14 20:31, , 4F
I really need to try.
09/14 20:31, 4F