Re: The forgotten holocaust of World WarΠ

看板EngTalk作者 (nostalgia)時間18年前 (2006/07/19 00:57), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《d4646 (感謝周老師 懷念周老師 )》之銘言: Preface: Never did I hear about this kind of miserable news but full of tears in my eye. "The Rape of Nanking", is that how people call the event in English? For me, I don't think "Rape" is a proper adjective to use in this place, though it certainly have the same meaning as the word "loot". Maybe I am a freak, I always tell myself to avoid using some kind of words which would make a part of female feel uncomfortable, especially those who've been undergone similar experience. Main Text: Right here, I'm going to bring up some different ideas with regard to this serious issue. First, "The Nanking Holocaust" truly is the most terrifying incident which would never be forgiven in the past century. But just think of it, while you were studying history about the whole mainland in your early age, have you ever note that almost everytime when one country sucessfully defeat another and take it over, such cruel behavior violating morals might have been brought about? It's not such a bizarre matter in an old era. Even now there're still people killing each other in brutal way all over the world, like 911 Attack, the war between Israel and Arab......etc. Why don't we devote more energy and care to those who are suffering right now? Would bear "The Nanking Holocaust" in mind do any help to any people on earth? Second, "Just let go". Let the past pass away. All that we should do is learning the lesson by heart and not to let such a tragedy occur in the future. From time to time people might mention it on network, Tv or something else. Fortunately most people will take this for nothing but a lesson, but still some will react quite furiously, even tranfering this hatred to Japanese who have nothing to do with cruelty. Owing to this reason ,now and then I don't consider it a good measure to refer "The Nanking Holocaust" again and again in public, even if we all keep the same "Freedom of Speech" authority. Conclusion: To tell the truth, comparing with my poor grammer and limited vocabulary it's fairly beyoud my ability to type this article.... Help me! Lord! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.184.80.249
文章代碼(AID): #14lHBV-N (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #14lHBV-N (EngTalk)