Re: [Talk] How to read English Newspaper?

看板EngTalk作者 (corresponded)時間18年前 (2006/06/29 17:41), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串5/5 (看更多)
About reading, in my opinion, I think you have to try to understand the vocabulary you don't know from context, then you might have a lot of vocabulary you don't know, but you should try to understand first or ignore it. Don't try to understand every word in content, or you can't concentrate on the meaning, the following is some tips I would like to tell you. 1. Try to read whole ariticle without stopping then try to get the main idea. Actually, you should be able to find a main sentence in every paragraph. 2. If you cannot understand that, you should try again. Until now, please leave your dictionary away. 3. In addition, when you figure out the main idea, I think you can guess the meanings of some vocabulary, then check the definitions in your dictionary. (I suggest you use EE) 4. Memorize the vocabulary you choose. (Don't expect that you can remember all, unless just several new words) Try to understand the meaning, the context in the article and how to use it. 5. Keep reading regularly. You cannot improve your reading by couple days. I always read LA times when I had a lunch or dinner when I was in LA. After meal, I would try to memorize the vocabulary I didn't know, then checked it in my dictionary in my room. This is my way to improve my reading. I am not sure if it's useful for everybody. It's just my opinion! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.160.101.201

06/30 08:53, , 1F
I can't agree you anymore.It's the best way.
06/30 08:53, 1F

06/30 20:49, , 2F
I got it ! And the way is that I will try~~
06/30 20:49, 2F

07/02 23:26, , 3F
to 1F: it's "I can't agree with you more"
07/02 23:26, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #14ew100f (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #14ew100f (EngTalk)