Re: [Talk] nonesence

看板EngTalk作者 (加油!)時間19年前 (2005/05/18 13:12), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
I find that the more chances you get to practise a language, the more likely you are to remember it. I do think that reading books is a good way to improve English skills, especially novels, which are very different from textbooks. You get the feel of how the language is really used, rather than the way it is taught especially for people whose English is their second language. I'm not sure what level your English is at. Based on your short post, you seem to have quite a good grasp of it, and there are no grammatical mistakes. However, reading English books is quite different, as I find that they are often a lot more difficult to read than Chinese books, and take a lot longer. I would recommend starting with very easy children's books, so that you are not faced with so many new words that put you off right from the start. And then, as you get more confident, you can have a go at slightly more difficult books, and so on~ Something else you can also try is to buy a very famous and well-known book such as Harry Potter, or The Hobbit. If you have both the Chinese and English version, what you can do is read the Chinese first, so that you know what to expect, and then read the English version. You can even have the Chinese one as a reference if you want to. That way, you won't have to keep looking up the dictionary, which can be very off-putting and disruptive when you are trying to read a book. Anyway, just some recommendations. Hope they help :) ※ 引述《yesiam0603 (BEMYSELF)》之銘言: : i found my english is getting worse : oops! : i don't know what to do : i bought the novel "sex and the city" : but i don't know how to read it : there are too many new words : sometimes i even can't look it up in dictionary : english is too dificult to me -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.246.0.233

220.137.82.227 05/19, , 1F
nice advice
220.137.82.227 05/19, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #12YiwtX2 (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #12YiwtX2 (EngTalk)