[翻譯] Tigers on worst slide since 0-7 start

看板DET_Tigers作者 (郭信男)時間16年前 (2008/08/07 16:56), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
第一次翻譯+PO文 翻的不好請指教 CHICAGO -- After his team's tormenting loss Tuesday night, Tigers manager Jim Leyland took stock of his beleaguered bullpen and declared that Justin Verlander would need to pitch deep into Wednesday night's game at U.S. Cellular Field. The ace right-hander obliged with a career-high 130 pitches. 這個王牌右投投出生涯最高的130球 Verlander pitched 7 2/3 innings, despite allowing a three-run home run to Jim Thome in the first. At one point, he retired 12 in a row. But he was visibly angered by the result, a 5-1 loss to the Chicago White Sox -- his third straight defeat. Verlander投了7又3分之2局,除了第一局Jim Thome的3分全壘打.接下來他連 續解決了12個打者.但他對結果明顯地生氣,對Chicago White Sox5敗1勝 ,也是他的三連敗. When asked if he could take solace in the fact that the bullpen rested until the eighth, Verlander replied, "I didn't win the game. Obviously, I want those guys to feel great down there. But when it comes down to it, we need to win ballgames." 當問到他是否能在牛棚疲累到8月的事實上得到安慰,他回答"我沒贏得比賽 很明顯的,我想要這些傢伙(此指牛棚??)感到挫折,但當情況情況糟糕到這樣 我們需要贏得比賽. Verlander is 2-8 with a 6.01 ERA in 13 career starts against the White Sox. The dissatisfaction he showed in his postgame news conference came naturally on a night when the club offered little excitement on the field. The Tigers had five hits. Only one, a Magglio Ordonez double, went for extra bases. Left-hander John Danks held them to one run, on a Gary Sheffield RBI single, over 6 2/3 innings. D.J. Carrasco, Octavio Dotel and Bobby Jenks held them scoreless thereafter. 老虎只有5支安打,只有Ordonez的2安讓他到達其他壘包 ,左投John Danks 在6又3分之2局裡只讓他們得了一分,D.J. Carrasco Octavio Dotel和 Bobby Jenks讓他們之後再也沒有得分. The Tigers lost their sixth in a row, prolonging their worst stretch since an 0-7 start. They trail the White Sox by 8 1/2 games in the American League Central, their greatest deficit in nearly two months. 老虎六連敗,從0比7的比賽後延續他們糟糕的強度,勝差拉大到8.5場 近兩個月最大的比分差. Leyland reiterated before the game that he believes his team can make a run at a division title. But they have continued losing to Chicago and second-place Minnesota. Leyland在賽前反覆提到他相信他的隊伍可以得到分區冠軍,但他們已 輸給白襪跟雙城. The Tigers are 5-9 against the White Sox, including 1-4 in Chicago. The Tigers have repeatedly failed to beat teams that stand between them and a postseason berth: They are 20-30 against the Central, 42-53 in the AL and 55-58 overall. "If we want to make any kind of run, sooner or later, you've got to do it," Leyland said. "We haven't done it." Leyland "如果我們想要達到任何方式的(得分?),我們早晚會完成它,但我們沒有" "I never count us out," Verlander said, "but it's getting down to cutting time." "我從來沒有當我們出局了" Verlander說 "但隨情況隨時間減少變的更糟 After two inconsistent starts, Verlander looked like his familiar self. He allowed five earned runs on six hits and struck out eight. Two runs scored after he left -- an Alexei Ramirez single off Aquilino Lopez. Leyland believed Verlander's rhythm, control and delivery improved since his last start. "He pitched great," Leyland said. Leyland相信Verlander的節奏跟控球,"他是個好投手"Leyland說 "I could've easily given up zero runs," Verlander said. "Instead, I gave up five." Verlander說 "我沒辦法簡單的給定0得分,相反的我放棄了5分" The only runs Verlander allowed while he was on the mound came on Thome's opposite-field shot. And he nearly escaped that inning. 唯一在投手丘上被得的分數是Thome的反方向全壘打.而那局他幾乎要放棄了. With one out, Jermaine Dye broke his bat on a slow grounder to Carlos Guillen at third base. Leyland said he thought the broken bat "messed Carlos up a little bit" and disrupted his throw. Dye beat Placido Polanco's turn by a step or less. 1出局Jermaine Dye朝三壘Carlos Guillen的斷棒滾地球,Leyland說斷棒擾亂了 Carlos Guillen而且阻斷了他的傳球,Dye贏了一步或者更少. "I thought when the ball was hit that I was out of the inning," Verlander said. Instead, Verlander had to face Thome, who already had hit five home runs against him in 29 at-bats. Two pitches later, the White Sox had all the runs they would need. http://tinyurl.com/6nwc3q 先從重建牛棚開始,今年還沒結束!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.122.220.182

08/07 17:57, , 1F
感謝你的翻譯~~~
08/07 17:57, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #18chZA0X (DET_Tigers)
文章代碼(AID): #18chZA0X (DET_Tigers)