Re: [外電] Murphy展現出他的價值

看板ChicagoBulls作者 (阿光)時間10年前 (2013/08/03 03:11), 編輯推噓5(504)
留言9則, 5人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《AhUtopian (It's my Life)》之銘言: : Murphy brings valuable skill, long-term potential to Bulls : (CSN)http://ppt.cc/zVTA : 按:這篇也介紹Murphy很詳細,CSN最近的文章量多質精! : By nature of their role, team executives often come off as somewhat : disingenuous when touting the virtues of minor transactions that require : obligatory statements, like second-round draft picks. But when Bulls : general manager Gar Forman talked about Erik Murphy at the introduction of : both the Florida product and first-round choice Tony Snell, there’s no : reason to think he was being anything other than transparent. 由於球隊高層的工作,他們經常將說一些虛偽不實的好聽話,去將一些名過其實的二 輪選秀功能性球員交易掉,但公牛隊GM Gar Forman在介紹Erik Murphy和第一輪選進的 Tony Snell時,完全沒有道理去懷疑他說的是實話。 : “In Erik’s case, we really haven’t had a guy that’s a stretch four and : we think as he continues to progress, it’ll give us an ability to space : the floor,” Forman stated. 「以Erik來說,我們終於有一個俱發展性的四號球員,而且我們也認為他會持續的進 步,對我們來說,這將有助於加深我們板凳的深度。」Forman說道。 : The Bulls have clearly made addressing their outside-shooting deficiencies : a priority this offseason and in the copycat league that’s the NBA, “ : stretch” power forwards—non-traditional, perimeter-oriented players at the : position, specifically specializing in hitting the long ball, particularly : out of pick-and-pop scenarios—are an even hotter commodity these days, : especially in this era of small ball and dominant point guards seemingly : emerging on every other franchise. 公牛隊已經很明確的在休賽期間解決他們在外圍投射的缺陷,那就是複製現在NBA新型 的球員:「大後鋒」,不同於一般傳統的大前鋒,這些球員主要以面框進攻為武器,並且 善長遠距離的投籃,尤其是擋拆之後向外翻的組合。這是近來最火紅的球員,特別是因為 近年來戰術偏向小球戰術,且一些俱主宰力的控衛開始興起,並成為球隊的核心。 : At 6-foot-10 and coming out of college without excelling at any attribute : —a willing rebounder for the Gators, possessing capable ball skills for : his size and certainly unafraid to mix it up on the interior, his desire : to contribute in other facets didn’t necessarily translate into meaningful : potential on the next level in those areas—other than his perimeter : marksmanship, Murphy fits the prototype. A comparison he’s heard and : appears to be somewhat apt is another player from his alma mater, Matt : Bonner, who has enjoyed a long and fruitful pro career, finding his niche : as a valuable spot role player in San Antonio for years now. 這位6呎10剛畢業的新鮮人並沒有一個特別突出的項目,在大學時,他是一個願意抓籃 板的球員,擁有他這身材該有的技巧,同時大膽的將這些技能在打內線時表現出來,他渴 望在各方面去幫助球隊,但卻不一定是對於未來進入NBA是有幫助的。最適合Murphy的模組 ,應該就是跟他同學校出來的Matt Bonner,他已經在聯盟裡打滾了多年,且終於在馬刺隊 裡找到屬於自己的定位。 : “Obviously coming from Florida, being able to shoot it, I think a lot of : people have the Matt Bonner comparison,” Murphy said of the Spurs : sharpshooter. “There’s some similarities.” 「最明顯的就是同樣來自佛羅里達州大,能夠做外圍投射,我想一定會有很多人會把 我跟Matt Bonner放在一起做比較」Murphy談到這位馬刺的補刀射手「其實還真有點相像」 : But in the small sample size from the Bulls’ summer-league stint in Las : Vegas, Murphy demonstrated that he understands that even if he’s never : required to do anything other than spot up and knock down open jumpers at : a reasonably high rate, at least while he’s playing for the organization : he was drafted by, it’s imperative that he makes an effort to improve : other aspects of his game and provide intangibles when on the floor. 公牛隊在夏季聯賽的練兵中,Murphy表現出他了解自己在球隊的定位:即使球隊只要 求他能夠扮演好定點射手的角色,並守住對防的跳投外,他必須要快點表現出即使他在板 凳上,仍然能對球隊在其他方面有所貢獻貢獻。 : Suffering a broken nose in mini-camp at the Berto Center prior to departing : for the trip, he duplicated the feat in the team’s third game, while : completing a put-back layup (no foul was called on the play), then hustling : back downcourt to play defense and after being attended to by the team’s : training staff, remaining in the contest. He finished that game, a win over : Portland with 10 points and five rebounds, but it was far from his best : performance. 即使經歷的比賽中鼻子被打斷,他仍然成功的複製了球隊在第三場比賽的勝利,並且 在被打斷鼻子的當下完成反手上籃後,仍急急忙忙的跑回去防守,之後還在處理完傷口後 繼續比賽,並持續的跟對方有碰撞。賽後以10分5籃板贏的了比賽,但離他最好的表現還遠 的很呢。 : After beginning the slate in a fashion that likely had some second-guessing : the Bulls’ selection — seven points on 3-for-9 shooting, including 0-for-6 : from three-point range, grabbing zero boards and committing a whopping 10 : fouls (rules in Vegas are obviously different from the regular season), in : the team’s win over Memphis — Murphy showed off the talent that’s got : him to this point, hitting four out of five triples, en route to scoring : 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting to help defeat Denver. Like virtually all : the Bulls, besides holdover point guard Marquis Teague, he struggled in a : loss to Miami, then bounced back to have his best outing in the finale, : putting up 19 points and 13 rebounds while going 3-for-5 from deep and : blocking three shots in the absence of rebounding machine Malcolm Thomas, : closing out summer-league play with a consolation-bracket victory over : Dallas. 在他進步的途中,一度讓人懷疑公牛是不是選錯人了─在贏灰熊隊那場比賽中,他9投 3中得了7分,包括6投0中的三分投射,半個籃板都沒抓到而且還有10個犯規(很明顯的夏季 聯盟的規則跟一般比賽不一樣)。之後Murphy終於告訴大家他為什麼能站在這邊:對金塊的 比賽中他拿下18分(10投7中),在對熱火的比賽中,像所有的公牛球員一樣,在比賽的最後 開始反擊,整場比賽他拿下19分13籃板,且蓋了三個火鍋,終於在夏季前打出了一場漂亮 的比賽。 : Murphy averaged 11.6 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in the five contests, : but more importantly, he shot an even 50 percent from behind the : three-point arc and 54.8 percent from the field, while displaying some : toughness and a semblance of ball skills. He also fouled too much, isn’t : overly athletic, needs to get stronger and for the most part, struggled : defensively, but that’s nothing he didn’t already know. Murphy五場比賽以場均11.6分、4.8籃板做收,但更重要的是他高達50%的三分命中率 和54.8的中距離命中率。當他展現一些韌性和球技的同時,也產生了太多的失誤,並不是 因為他打的太累,而是他必須變的更強壯,如此才能做好防守,但他也早就知道這些事。 : “I think the big thing is just continuing to get stronger. Obviously the : NBA’s a really physical game and me being a big guy—obviously I can shoot : it—but I’m going to have to play down low,” he said upon being : introduced to the media at the Berto Center. “I have to rebound, I have : to guard down there, so I think just getting stronger will help me in those : areas and those are two areas I want to improve at, too.” 「我認為現在最重要的事就是要變的更壯。顯然NBA真的是個相當具有碰撞性的比賽, 雖然我能夠選擇投籃,但同時我是個大個子,我必須要往禁區裡打才行。」他對媒體說道 ,「我必須保護籃板,我必須在禁區裡攪和,所以我認為如果變壯會讓我在這兩個區域裡 表現的更好,而且我也想要搞定這兩個區域。」 : While it’s certainly an accomplishment just to be drafted, second-round : picks don’t automatically receive guaranteed contracts, but due to the : Bulls’ salary-cap situation, Murphy is essentially a lock to be on the : squad as a rookie. Barring injury to multiple players at his position or : are capable of playing it (after last season, I guess that can’t be taken : for granted), he’s unlikely to see much more playing time than Vladimir : Radmanovic, for instance, as an occasional situational substitute, : perhaps for a game-tying three on the final possession of a period, let : alone a game, and possibly if Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau decides to sit : his regulars at the end of a blowout and lets the client of his longtime : friend, agent Frank Catapano, see the light of day. 這是一個相當被肯定的成就,因為一般二輪球員並不會收到一份保障合約,一部分是 因為公牛隊的薪資結構,Murphy基本上只能乖乖蹲在板凳上。除非擋在他前面的球員都受 傷,或是他進步到可以上場比賽(但經過去年的球季,我覺得相當困難),看來他並不會比 Vladimir Radmanovic有更多的上場時間。但仍然有些情況他有機會可以上場,舉例來說, 球隊在最後階段要搶投三分時,教練Tom Thibodeau決定把先發球員凍在板凳上準備好好訐 譙一翻的時候,Murphy就有機會上場了。 : But more than likely, the native New Englander and son of former NBA big : man Jay Murphy—born in France when his father took his career overseas, he : was raised in Rhode Island, will not see too much court action. 但最有可能的情況,是這位在新英格蘭土生土長,而且老爸是前NBA球員,並不會有太 多在場上被看到的時間。 : “It’s going to be a waiting game and if I don’t play for a stretch of : games or whatever the situation is, I’m not going to get worried. I’m just : going to wait for my opportunity and my name to be called, and when that : happens, I’ve got to be ready. So I’ve just got to keep myself ready and do : what I can to help the team when I’m asked,” Murphy said. “We’ll see down : the road how that plays out, but at this point, I’m just excited to be here, : to have the opportunity to work as hard as I can : and come in and try to help the team in any way that I can. Whatever’s asked : of me, I’m going to do. Whether it’s a bigger role or smaller role, it’s a : team game and I just want to help the team. 「不論情況變的如何,我會一直去等待機會,對於這點我一點都不擔心。我只需要等 待機時來臨就好,而且到時我都已經準備好了。所以我現在能做的是做好最充足的準備。 你們將會看到我如何破柬繭而出,但現階段,我很高興能夠有機會盡可能的鍛鍊自己 ,同時我也嘗試著用各種方式去幫助球隊,不論是大事還是小事,籃球是團隊的運動,而 我只是想幫助球隊。」 : “There’s a learning curve and my expectations are to come, work every day : and try to learn as fast as possible,” he continued. “Obviously I’ve got : to continue to improve—defensively, rebounding, getting stronger—every : aspect of my game I think I can improve and if I do that, I think whatever : happens happens. But I think I’ll be all right.” 「快要到我表現的時候了,現在我能做的就是持之以恆的訓練並且盡可能的多學,很 明顯的我有太多地方有加強:防守、籃板、身體素質,我認為還有很多面向可以加強。」 : Of course, it doesn’t hurt that fellow ex-Florida player Joakim Noah, with : whom he was already familiar from the All-Star center’s offseason visits : back to Gainesville, will be present to monitor his progress, encourage him : and offer advice on how to earn Thibodeau’s trust on the court. : “Actually, Jo called me on draft night, after the draft and he was real : excited, as was I. We were just talking back and forth. He was really : excited I was coming here, I was really excited to have the opportunity to : come here and obviously it’s nice to know a guy on the team. Just real : pumped up. He gets real fired up. He was pretty fired up,” Murphy recounted. :“He’s always raved about the Bulls. He loves it here. He loves the city, : he loves the organization, he loves the players, he loves the coaches. He has : all good things to say. I’m actually really close to him. He comes back and : he’s one of the guys I’m closer to that comes back, so it’s exciting to : know him and have a guy on the team I know. But he called me up after the : draft and he was really fired up. You know how he gets. It was encouraging to : hear that. 當然,成為同樣是佛羅里達州大畢業Joakim Noah的隊友並不是件壞事,這個幾乎是明 星中鋒的傢伙在休賽季時曾回來母校,也監督他的練習,並給與他鼓勵,也教它如何得到 總教練的信任。 「事實上,Joakim在選秀當晚打給我,他相當的興奮我來到這裡,那天我們聊了很多 ,我真的很開始能有這個機會加入公牛隊,Joakim是個很有活力的人,隨時隨地都充滿著 熱情。他真的一直在討論公牛隊,他相當的愛這個球隊、這個城市,這個地方的所有事物 ,能跟這樣的球員當隊友真的很棒。」 : “He loves Thibs. Jo loves Thibs and he said he’ll get on you, but he makes : you work and that’s what I like to do. I like to work and I think it’ll be : a good fit,” he added. “I think he might have the highest motor in the NBA. : It’s arguable that he has the highest motor in the NBA. When he comes back : to school, you see the way he works and you see the way he plays, it’s : definitely an inspiration. It gets you going a little bit and I think that’s : good. When you play with him and play against him, it brings that out in you : because you have to stay at that level to compete with him. : “He’ll definitely be there if I need them, but I think I’ll be able to : handle myself.” 「我認為Joakim是全NBA最努力的球員,這是相當有爭議的。但當他回來學校時,你能 看到它訓練的強度和他打球的拼勁,這絕對是相當激勵人的。當你跟他對抗時,他的強度 會讓你必須不斷的練習再練習,才能跟他在同樣的條件下競爭。」 : With his determined, receptive approach, an opportunity to learn the NBA : ropes and improve on his weaknesses without much pressure to play early on : and a skill set that sets him apart from the Bulls’ other big men—Carlos : Boozer is a proficient mid-range shooter, but doesn’t have three-point range : —although Murphy may not make a huge impact at the outset of his : professional career, based on the value players of his ilk possess, if he : develops in a satisfactory manner, the Bulls may have ended up with a long- : term rotation player and Forman’s words could prove to be prophetic. : By then, hopefully he’ll be known for a lot more than being able to play : through a broken nose. 隨著他堅定的信心和樂於接受的態度,他有個機會能去克服他的弱點,並且能跟公牛 隊中精通中距離投射的Boozer有所區隔,那就是三分投射的能力。基於他這類型的球員, 僅管Murphy在他的職業生涯中在這點上可能並不會有太大的影響力,但如果他能以一個令 人滿意的方式進步的話。公牛隊或許開始進入換血的階段,而同時也可以證明公牛隊GM的 眼光。然後,希望他能夠被大家記住是他的表現而不是他那被打斷的鼻子。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.165.195.213

08/03 09:01, , 1F
感謝翻譯! 不過提醒一下,foul是犯規而不是失誤喔
08/03 09:01, 1F

08/03 09:16, , 2F
推 感謝翻譯
08/03 09:16, 2F
※ 編輯: LardsCom 來自: 118.165.195.213 (08/03 09:38)

08/03 09:38, , 3F
感謝提醒~上次好像也是翻錯同樣的地方XDDD
08/03 09:38, 3F

08/03 15:03, , 4F
插個嘴 Murphy今年有入選芬蘭國家隊 應該有機會再歐錦賽
08/03 15:03, 4F

08/03 15:03, , 5F
登場
08/03 15:03, 5F

08/03 15:05, , 6F
芬蘭沒有他這種能裡能外的長人 假如他願意出賽 應該是可以
08/03 15:05, 6F