[翻譯] Future is now for Rasmus

看板Cardinals作者 (Colby Ryan Rasmus)時間16年前 (2007/12/26 22:24), 編輯推噓7(700)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
原文 http://0rz.tw/6c3tp Future is now for Rasmus Rasmus的未來來臨 Jim Edmonds had seen the future and taken him to dinner. Ed看到這位未來之星並與他共進晚餐。 Limited by injuries during spring training last season, Edmonds did not have much time in the field with Colby Rasmus, but stole time off the field with the Cardinals' gifted prospect. Twice he invited Rasmus out to eat, to talk as much as mentor. Once, Rasmus asked Edmonds about his health. The vet told the kid not to wonder, just to take advantage. 上個球季在春訓時,因受傷而影響上場時間的Ed,雖無法在球場上與Rasmus相處太多時間 ,但在球場外偷得一些時間與這位紅鳥富有天賦的未來之星相處。有兩次Ed邀請Rasmus去 吃飯,並像導師般與他聊了許多。當Rasmus問及Ed的健康問題時,Ed叫他不要替他擔憂, 只要一直往前走就對了。 His absence, Edmonds said, was Rasmus' opportunity. "我的不在,就是Rasmus的機會。"Ed如此說道。 Little did Edmonds know then what is so clear now. 那時Ed所知的一部分現在全都明朗了。 By trading their starting center fielder to the San Diego Padres this month, the Cardinals have sped up the future. The club's top prospect will come to spring training with an opening to be a major-leaguer — four months before he turns 22 and without a single swing at the Class AAA level. Edmonds' departure could mean Rasmus' arrival. 將過去的先發中外野手Ed交易到聖地牙哥後,紅雀已加快腳步迎接他們的未來。這位球隊 的未來之星將參與球隊春訓並以此作為前進大聯盟的開端。而僅僅四個月前,Rasmus也才 剛滿22歲並且毫無3A的經驗。Ed的離開可能象徵了Rasmus的到來。 "He's going to get lots of opportunity," Cardinals general manager John Mozeliak said. "It's time to give him that shot, but we don't want to put undo pressure on him. ... The club doesn't need him to be in the opening day lineup. We just feel that some time this year he's going to be a contributing member of this club." 紅雀GM Mo談論Rasmus時說:"他即將獲得許多機會。該是時候給他機會表現了,但我們不希 望給他帶來過多的壓力。我們不需要他在開幕戰就在名單內,但今年或許就有機會看到他 上來為球隊貢獻了。" Said Rasmus: "I'm ready to go out and get that chance." Rasmus說他已經準備好迎接這個機會了。 Rasmus is back home in Phenix City, Ala., for the holidays after a season that included 29 home runs — the most hit by anyone in Class AA — and a leading role for Team USA in a pre-Olympics tournament. His season propelled him into the game's elite list of prospects, and it rewrote the Cardinals' timetable for him. 在Rasmus球季結束後回到老家度假前,他打出領先2A的29支全壘打,並擔任世界盃美國隊 的第一棒。他球季的表現使他成為頂級新秀之一,並促使紅雀改變他的時間表。 Before he comes to St. Louis next month to receive the organization's player of the year award, Rasmus has an appointment in Washington. The Cardinals have asked him to attend Major League Baseball's rookie orientation. 在他下個月前往聖路易領取球團年度最佳選手獎項之前,他被指派到華盛頓一趟。紅雀要 求他參加大聯盟的菜鳥入門介紹。 "It has all come on pretty fast," Rasmus said. "My whole life this is the opportunity I've been working for. It's not for me to decide if I'm ready or for these other things to say that. That's up to the club. I have to prove down there at spring training I'm ready to go. "事情進行得好快唷!我整個人生就是為了這次機會而奮鬥。這並非是我說準備好了之類的 話就讓我決定的。這是球團給的決定,而我必須在春訓就證明我的確是蓄勢待發了。" Rasmus如此說道。 "I feel like I'm ready to give it that shot." "我相信我已準備好發威了!" A BIG LEAP 大躍進 Jumping from Double-A to the majors is daunting, but not rare. But the player who excels immediately is. During the 2007 season, two rookies made the vault to being everyday major-leaguers from the Double-A Texas League, where Rasmus shined in 2007. They were Kansas City third baseman Alex Gordon and Colorado shortstop Troy Tulowitzki. Neither had an at-bat in Triple-A. Tulowitzki, who was the runner-up for the Rookie of the Year Award, was groomed for the accelerated rise, batting leadoff for the Tulsa Drillers to get the most at- bats and see the most pitches. 從2A跳級到大聯盟是項賭注,但如果球員成績相當優異時倒也不是件罕見的行為。2007年 球季,在Rasmus活躍的2A德州聯盟同時就有兩位新人一舉躍升大聯盟並成為每日先發球員 。他們是皇家隊的Alex Gordon以及洛磯隊的Troy Tulowitzki,而且兩人也都沒打過3A。 新人王第二名的Tulowitzki在2A時擔任球隊第一棒,因此擁有最多打擊機會以及觀察最多 球路,而藉此加速成長的磨練。 "You're talking about very talented players," said Marc Gustafson, the Rockies' director of player development. "They have to be for the organization to push guys like this. They have to not only be able to compete, but they cannot go into prolonged slumps. They have to make adjustments ... and the organization has to stay with them through it." 洛磯隊球員發展部部長Marc Gustafson說:"這些才華洋溢的選手,必定是球隊極力提攜的 重點。他們不只要保持競爭力,也不能夠陷入長期低潮。他們必須能夠隨時調整,而球隊 也必須能夠陪伴他們的調整。" Before reaching Kansas City, Gordon had a summer in Class AA with a 1.016 OPS — on-base percentage-plus-slugging, a trusted indicator of offensive production. Gordon was one of 22 players in the past three seasons to have an OPS of .900 or better at the Double-A level. Only one was younger than 21 for most of that season: Rasmus. 在上大聯盟之前,Gordon前一年在2A繳出OPS 1.016的成績。他也是過去三年22位OPS超過 .900的2A球員其中之一。這些球員之中,只有一位年紀小於21歲:Colby Rasmus。 At 20, Rasmus had a .932 OPS to go with a .275 average, 69 extra-base hits, 72 RBIs and 93 runs scored for the Springfield (Mo.) Cardinals. The center fielder twice won the league's player of the month award, including for a 12-homer, .365-average August. His total numbers hide his slump while he played with a sinus infection through June. 在20歲這年,Rasmus在2A繳出.932 OPS、.275打擊率、69支長打、72分打點以及得了93分 。這位中外野手二次贏得聯盟單月最佳選手,包含了八月時12發全壘打以及.365打擊率的 表現。他整季的成績掩蓋了他六月時低潮的表現。 "That opened my eyes to how I had to get better," Rasmus said. "The numbers were pretty good, but not as good as I could have been or should have been." Rasmus:"那使我了解必須有更好的表現。我成績不錯,但還可以更好的說。" Still they were impressive. Other players who had similar offensive seasons at that age and that level include All-Stars Johnny Damon and Carlos Delgado, arriving stars such as Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria, and, yes, never-weres such as Guillermo Quiroz and Tony Mota. Damon turned his Double-A, .967-OPS season in 1995 into a major-league job and never looked back. 這成績還是令人印象深刻。在這年紀在相同層級時擁有相似打擊成績的選手有明星球員 Johnny Damon與Carlos Delgado;有坦帕灣的明日之星Evan Longoria;還有沒落的 Guillermo Quiroz與Tony Mota。Damon在2A繳出.967的OPS成績並在1995年站穩大聯盟 從此以後就沒再回去過小聯盟。 Even opponents believe Rasmus can do the same. 即使是對手也相信Rasmus能夠做得一樣好。 "If there was a five-tool player in the league last year, Rasmus was the one," said Drillers manager Stu Cole. "He brought everything to the table. And defensively he made more plays to save his team runs. If the ball was in the air there was a chance you were going to see something exciting." Drillers教練Stu Cole談道:"如果去年聯盟中有位選手擁有5 tools,Rasmus就是那個人。 他展現了他的全能。在防守上他替球隊救回許多分數。如果球還在空中,他就有機會展現 驚喜。" READY 'RIGHT NOW' 就是現在 Cole nurtured Tulowitzki, and one of the shortstop's sharpest tools was his defense. That glove made him a major-league asset when his bat struggled. A scout who evaluates the Cardinals' system for a division rival said Rasmus "could play center in the big leagues for me right now." That same scout believes Rasmus needs Triple-A time to improve his strike-zone judgment and pull tendencies. Cole培養了Tulowitzki,而Tulowitzki的守備能力也是游擊手最需要的能力之一。他的守 備使他打擊低潮時還能夠待在大聯盟。一位同區對手負責評論紅雀系統的球探如此評定 Rasmus:"他現在就有能力在大聯盟防守中外野了。但他還需要在3A鍛鍊對好球帶的判斷以 及拉打的傾向。" Rasmus' defense may be enough to keep him in the lineup should he start slow. Tulowitzki started slow with a .188 average on April 27; Gordon with a .173 average on June 6. Patience paid off with both. If they plan to challenge Rasmus, the Cardinals must also commit to Rasmus. Rasmus的防守也許足夠讓他起步慢時仍可留在打線中。4月27日Tulowitzki打擊率僅.188; 6月6日時Gordon打擊率則是.173。而球隊的耐心之後獲得了回報。如果紅雀打算讓Rasmus 挑戰,那也應該用耐心等候他。 "What you don't want to see happen is he becomes a yo-yo from one level to another," Mozeliak said. "If we want to give him this opportunity we are prepared to give him the at-bats. We have to be patient. You have to decide if he can add to the major-league team and if he can, you don't want that to come at the cost of impeding his development." Mo:"我們最不想看到的就是Rasmus像溜溜球般不斷來回於不同的層級。如果我們想給他機 會就必須給他足夠的打數。耐心是一定要的。我們要決定他是否可打大聯盟比賽;如果可 以,我們不希望在此妨礙到他的發展。" When the Cardinals dealt Edmonds to San Diego, they did so knowing they had center covered. Skip Schumaker, Rick Ankiel and Ryan Ludwick have played the position and could bridge the gap. But Rasmus has played his way into the plan. At the World Cup tournament last month, Rasmus was Team USA's leadoff hitter. He got a hit in every game, batted .382, and led the team with seven extra-base hits. 當紅雀交易Ed到聖地牙哥時就已經對於在中外野人選有個盤算了。Skip Schumaker、Rick Ankiel以及Ryan Ludwick都可以彌補這個空缺。而Rasmus也已打出身價證明他也可以成為 計畫中其中一員。上個月的世界盃,Rasmus擔任球隊的開路先鋒並且每場比賽皆擊出安打 ,打擊率為.382並且擊出球隊最多的七支長打。 He was "playing for keeps," Mozeliak said. Sort of like this spring. (這兩句不會翻...冏) It will be "different without Edmonds around to talk to, to learn from," Rasmus said. But, as Edmonds said: One player's absence is another's opportunity. After passing Rasmus in center one day last spring, Edmonds told a reporter that the kid has "got a chance to be the future." Rasmus:"明年春訓Ed不會再陪伴著我聊天,教導我事物了。"但就像Ed說的,一位選手的空 缺,就是另一位的機會。去年春天,在外野經過Rasmus後,Ed告訴一位記者:"這孩子有機 會成為未來之光。" Make that the immediate future. 期望這是個不久後的將來。 ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁ 漫長冬天,只能看著這些小紅鳥們的奮鬥史 希望在春天來臨時,大家都能夠熟悉這些小紅鳥並幫他們加油 "one player's absence is another's opportunity" 這句充滿世代交替意味的話出自Ed口中格外感傷 希望Rasmus能夠成為下一個Edmonds,不要辜負了Ed的期待 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.122.39.11

12/26 22:32, , 1F
謝翻譯...Rasmus真的很值得期待...
12/26 22:32, 1F

12/26 22:33, , 2F
Ed...你真是個好人T_____T
12/26 22:33, 2F

12/27 08:28, , 3F
感謝翻譯。希望Rasmus快快長大。
12/27 08:28, 3F

12/27 09:15, , 4F
感謝翻譯 Edmonds...T_____T
12/27 09:15, 4F