[外電] YANKS MAY HIDE WANG ON THE DL

看板CMWang作者 (come every now and then)時間15年前 (2009/04/23 17:15), 編輯推噓3(302)
留言5則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
YANKS MAY HIDE WANG ON THE DL By GEORGE A. KING III Don't expect Chien-Ming Wang to suddenly delete his mechanical problems tomorrow in Tampa when he makes an extended spring training start. And since GM Brian Cashman believes it's going to take more than one non-major league outing to correct Wang's problems and it's not likely the Yankees will pitch a man short, the DL is a possibility for the pitcher who says health isn't the reason he has gotten spanked in three starts. It's not out of the question the Yankees want Wang to build arm strength while on the DL. His velocity Saturday was 89-91 mph and Cashman didn't rule out a battery of tests. "Usually, I am 93 to 94," Wang said before last night's game against the A's at Yankee Stadium. Since the Yankees are off tomorrow, Wang will pitch in Tampa. He is slated to throw 100 pitches. Pitching a man short or putting Wang on the DL are the only options since Wang would have to clear waivers in order to be sent to the minor leagues and there is no chance a pitcher who won 46 games in the past 2? seasons would get through. While Wang says he doesn't have a barking body part, for the second straight day Cashman talked about Wang's lack of velocity and how some times that is related to injury. "I'm sure it's going to take some time. The first thing is to try and determine what's wrong. His velocity is down, the command is off. That could indicate health," Cashman said. "He feels so far that he's healthy, so we're evaluating his mechanics. Those indicators you can't ignore. And I've been down that road before where "'Are you alright? Are you alright? Are you alright?' Then all of a sudden boom. So, I don't rule out health being an issue. As of right now everything is on the table, we're in full laboratory mode." Joe Girardi left the door open for a DL stint. When asked if that was an option, Girardi said, "Right now he is still with us. We will see how he throws Thursday." When Wang was informed he was going to Tampa instead of Boston with the club, Girardi said "it wasn't necessarily what he wanted to do." However, Wang understands the Yankees don't have another option. Not with a pitcher who is 0-3 with a 34.50 ERA, and declining velocity. "Yeah," Wang said when asked if he was disappointed about being skipped in the rotation. "But I know for three games I was not good." Since Phil Hughes pitches for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Triple-A) today, he could make the start Tuesday in Detroit. It's the first time the Yankees need a fifth starter. The other option is Alfredo Aceves on short rest since he starts Friday for SWB. The Yankees aren't treating Wang's problems lightly. "It's a problem; we have to get him fixed. It's a concern, without question," Cashman said. "We're skipping him a start and we've got to get him on line. We're going go figure it out, as simple as that. Hideki Matsui's surgically repaired left knee will always be a concern to the Yankees, but Girardi was encouraged last night that having the hinge drained last Thursday improved Matsui's health. "He is pretty good right now," said Girardi of Matsui, who was the DH and batted seventh last night. "He had the fluid (drained) Thursday and he pinch hit Friday and didn't have a good at-bat. He was able to push off Saturday and Sunday. I have said all along that you are concerned every day you come to the ballpark, but right now he is good." Cashman has more on his mind than the Yankee Stadium's wind pattern that some are blaming for 20 homers being swatted in four games. "My problem is getting Wang healthy and the other guys who aren't here (Alex Rodriguez)," Cashman said. "Cleveland put 22 runs up and we put four. That wasn't a Stadium issue. It's more of a baseball issue. Wang got lit up here, got lit up in a dome in Tampa and got lit up in Baltimore. It's a small sample, I am not going to get caught up in it." According to Girardi, Rodriguez was enthused with his workout Monday. "He said he had a spring in his step, he was very encouraged," Girardi said. "I believe he will be back by May 15, if we get him back sooner, it would be a big plus." CC Sabathia (1-1; 3.57 ERA) faces LHP Brett Anderson (0-2; 4.85) today. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 其實另外有一篇Cashman有用到:"I didn't say he's hiding something"之類的用詞 可是沒找到,所以還要在找一下, 目前Cashman說懷疑王已經好了。 但是如果他一開始就懷疑 那他應該早叫洋基醫療人員檢查了, 不是現在一直說他懷疑王已經好的, 這樣放話說自己球員可能有傷,甚至有可能在懷疑球員撒謊 這..... 至於有人說 Cashman這樣說是為了要佈局讓王可以「技術性」DL 但現在球員說沒受傷, 吉總之前也說,他沒看到王去找防護員做特別治療,(現在沒再說了) 那這個局很難佈的成... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.23.38

04/23 17:30, , 1F
為什麼松阪這麼輕易就可進DL??
04/23 17:30, 1F

04/23 17:33, , 2F
他右肩膀輕微拉傷 但還是傷 即使真正原因是太過疲勞
04/23 17:33, 2F

04/23 17:34, , 3F
王的狀況不同 只是失去手感 這些棒球版不是都有嗎="=
04/23 17:34, 3F

04/23 19:01, , 4F
GEORGE A. KING III
04/23 19:01, 4F
※ 編輯: yyhong68 來自: 140.109.231.95 (04/23 20:52)

04/23 22:08, , 5F
技術性 GO
04/23 22:08, 5F
文章代碼(AID): #19y36_Xd (CMWang)
文章代碼(AID): #19y36_Xd (CMWang)