[外電] Chien-Ming Wang's needs are sinking in

看板CMWang作者 (come every now and then)時間16年前 (2007/10/10 21:43), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
Chien-Ming Wang's needs are sinking in BY PETER BOTTE DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER Wednesday, October 10th 2007, 4:00 AM The Yankees' latest first-round meltdown was a team-wide affair, and it's unfair to pin their demise on any one culprit. But two-time 19-game winner Chien-Ming Wang certainly didn't distinguish himself at the front end of the rotation against the Indians, getting strafed in Game 1 and lasting only one inning on short rest in the Game 4 elimination. "A lot of pressure was put on him, and I'm not disappointed in the job he did as much as just tipping my hat to the Cleveland hitters, because they made a lot of adjustments," pitching coach Ron Guidry said yesterday at the Stadium. "(Wang) pitched well against that club here (this season) and I thought maybe we'd have an edge. "But they made an adjustment, they stayed off pitches that he normally throws that guys swing at. They were selective, and made him get the ball up, and once a sinkerball pitcher gets the ball up, he gets hurt." The soft-spoken Wang certainly was hurt by his poor showing, saying that he was "sad" to "throw bad and lose two games." His bottom line: 12 earned runs on 14 hits in 5-2/3 innings for a 19.06 ERA. He added that working on short rest Monday was "not a problem," but admitted that he needs to "work on my slider and changeup to get better." Guidry said he talked to Wang in the Stadium parking lot yesterday, as he was arriving and the Taiwanese ace was departing, about being able to amend his approach when the opponent has made adjustments to him. With the Indians laying off his trademark sinker, Wang allowed two runs in the first inning of Game 4. The 27-year-old righty then loaded the bases without retiring a batter in the second, and was charged with two more runs after he was replaced by Mike Mussina. "He wasn't happy, but he understood you can't continually pitch in trouble and be left out there," Guidry said. "It's the last game, things change. But he was disappointed in himself not anybody else. "It's not like you're talking about an Andy Pettitte or a Roger Clemens. You're talking about a kid with only 2-1/2years in the big leagues that's still learning. ... His biggest challenge from now on is to adjust to teams when they make adjustments to him. He hasn't learned that yet. But he will learn what he needs to do." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.231.95

10/10 22:17, , 1F
看來隊友跟教練沒有給他太大的責怪...
10/10 22:17, 1F

10/10 22:23, , 2F
可是球迷鞭很大...剛去官網看一下馬上就看不下去...
10/10 22:23, 2F

10/10 23:59, , 3F
這也是沒有辦法的事,表現不好被鞭很正常T_T
10/10 23:59, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #173DSEmh (CMWang)
文章代碼(AID): #173DSEmh (CMWang)