[新聞]Hu's got 51s excited about him

看板CLHu作者 (Shots)時間17年前 (2007/07/18 02:29), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/8507152.html Hu's got 51s excited about him Newly promoted shortstop brings hot bat after Futures MVP effort By TODD DEWEY REVIEW-JOURNAL It has been a whirlwind week for Taiwanese shortstop Chin-Lung Hu, and it's not over yet. On Sunday, the Dodgers farmhand was selected Most Valuable Player of the Futures Game, part of the All-Star festivities at San Francisco. He went 2-for-2 with two RBIs and a stolen base in the World's 7-2 win over the United States. After the game, Hu was promoted to Triple-A Las Vegas, and the 23-year-old made a 51s dramatic debut Thursday. He launched a tying home run for his first Triple-A hit and finished 2-for-5 with a double, two RBIs and two runs in an 8-5 victory over Salt Lake. A defensive whiz, Hu will have to continue hitting like that to carve out a long career in the big leagues. "His trademark has been super hands and super defense, but the big question mark always has been his bat," 51s manager Lorenzo Bundy said. "If he hits, then you're looking at a very all-around type player. There is some pop in that bat. We look for him to be a very competitive player." Hu, 0-for-4 with an RBI in the 51s' 3-2 victory over Salt Lake at Cashman Field on Friday, hit .329 at Double-A Jacksonville this season and led the Southern League with 107 hits and 30 doubles. He hit over .300 in his first three minor league seasons before slumping to .254 at Jacksonville last year, when a "tired eye" obscured his vision at the plate. "I see the ball better now and I'm more comfortable because last year I couldn't see," Hu said. "Last year my eye was not healthy, but this year it's working so it's better." 51s hitting coach Mike Easler was Jacksonville's batting instructor last year and confirmed that the eye problem hampered Hu, who underwent an MRI exam after the season, rested and recovered. "There's no doubt," Easler said. "He came to spring training like a whole different kid. He's making much more contact now and hitting the ball to all fields." Easler said Hu and Dodgers infielder Tony Abreu formed the best double-play combination in the minor leagues last year at Jacksonville. "Watching him and Tony together was like a thing of beauty," he said. "They just put on the flash and they complemented each other." Easler said 51s fans are in for a treat. "Chin brings excitement to the ballpark. Wait and see. You'll see some amazing things," he said. "Chin-Lung is definitely ready for this level. I'm telling you, he is a baseball player and I believe he'll be a big solid major league player." Hu hails from Tainan City, the same place that produced Dodgers pitcher Hong-Chih Kuo and former Los Angeles outfielder Chin-Feng Chen, the 51s' career homer leader (87). Hu roomed with Kuo at Single-A Vero Beach a couple of years ago and said he learned a lot from the left-hander. "He helped me because he's a pitcher and he knows how pitchers approach hitters," he said. "He taught me I need to work very hard and that it's tough to go (to the majors) and stay there long." With Rafael Furcal, 29, firmly entrenched as the Dodgers' starting shortstop, Hu could be trade bait for Los Angeles. But Easler would advise against that. "I know people are asking for him, but I wouldn't give him up," Easler said. "He's got as good a hands as anybody." http://www.lvrj.com/sports/8507152.html -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.125.68 ※ 編輯: leomtg 來自: 140.112.125.68 (07/18 02:30)

07/18 10:28, , 1F
今天第一局又安打了 這樣很好 要保持!!
07/18 10:28, 1F

07/18 11:49, , 2F
都三支三了...
07/18 11:49, 2F

07/18 13:35, , 3F
@@
07/18 13:35, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #16dGg4qm (CLHu)
文章代碼(AID): #16dGg4qm (CLHu)