Re: 山貓擴張選秀

看板Bucks作者 (老街)時間20年前 (2004/06/24 23:31), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《Manstein (exposure)》之銘言: : 新聞馬上來了:) : 山貓把 Zaza Pachulia 送到我們家,換取今年的第 45 順位選秀權。 http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/jun04/238705.asp 詳細的內容在這個網站,看來我們家總管Larry Harris對他寄予厚望喔:) 另外底下兩段,是魔術內部有聲音要選 Dwight Howard,原因自然是因為 Okafor有背傷的歷史,還拿了Penny Hardaway和Grant Hill作為例子(也 不想想是自己隊醫有問題XD)Howard和Okafor也對這方面做了回應。 Bucks trade lone pick By TOM ENLUND New York - When the Milwaukee Bucks traded their only pick in this year's National Basketball Association draft to the expansion Charlotte Bobcats Wednesday for forward Zaza Pachulia, a game against the Orlando Magic last Jan. 19 had not been forgotten. That was the night that Pachulia, a 6-foot-11 rookie, made five of six shots, scored 11 points, and grabbed five rebounds in 21 minutes of Orlando's 106-99 victory over the Bucks in Orlando. Pachulia averaged 3.3 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 11.3 minutes in 59 games last season for Orlando. He was selected by the Bobcats on Tuesday in the expansion draft, and the Bucks acquired him Wednesday from Charlotte for the 45th pick in the draft tonight. It was the Bucks' only selection in the draft because their No. 1 pick was traded away in 2001 in a deal that brought Anthony Mason to Milwaukee. Bucks general manager Larry Harris said Thursday that the game in Orlando last January did come up when he considered trading for Pachulia. "He was very effective in the win they had over us down there," Harris said. "I was there. I didn't remember all the stats until we did the background check on him, but I knew he played really well. "He's a young kid who has a toughness and an energy level that will fit in with the team we have." The draft will be conducted tonight at the Theater at Madison Square Garden, and the top prospects met with reporters Wednesday at the league's draft headquarters hotel in Manhattan. Among them was former University of Wisconsin player Devin Harris who said he expected to go anywhere from fourth to 12th in the draft. Orlando holds the first pick and is expected to select either Emeka Okafor of Connecticut or Dwight Howard of Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy High School . Larry Harris has said since the end of last season that the Bucks needed to add depth at the point guard and the "big" positions. The Bucks feel that the 240-pound Pachulia will give them additional size in the front court. Harris said that, one way or the other, the Bucks wanted to get a player through the draft who would be on the opening-day roster. "When we evaluated the draft at 45, what we wanted to do was get someone who could make our team," Larry Harris said. "Maybe you could get lucky and get someone like Michael Redd who would break into your rotation in a year or two. But we felt we needed to look at guys who have been on rosters." And, even though Pachulia is only 20 years old, he does have some experience. He started playing professionally in the top level in Turkey at age 15 and he was in the NBA last season. The Bucks felt it was advantageous for them to trade for him rather than draft a player who was coming right out of high school or college. Pachulia, a native of Georgia (Europe), was originally the 42nd pick in the 2003 draft. The trade left the Bucks with 10 players under contract. There remains a possibility that the Bucks could become active tonight because they hold a $2.4 million salary "assignment" from the Joel Przybilla trade. Therefore, another team could call and offer the Bucks a draft pick this year along with a player in exchange for a future draft pick. The Bucks would be able to make such a deal because they could slide the new player into the Przybilla slot. The Bucks also have two salary-cap exceptions (approximately $5 million and $1 million), but those will not come into play until after July 1. 底下就是Okafor和Howard的發言: Meanwhile, Okafor and Howard both pointed out Wednesday that it was out of their hands as far as who would be the top pick. There was some sentiment Wednesday that Orlando, which saw Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill go down with injuries, would go for Howard. Okafor has a history of back problems but insists he is fine. "Thinking about it really isn't going to do anything," said Okafor, referring to the No. 1 pick. "I can think about a lot of things that won't necessarily happen. It's completely out of my control. I've done all I can do. I went through the season, I have a national championship, I went out and played hard through the year. So it's up to the GMs to decide what they want, what they're looking for, and what direction they're trying to go with their team." Said Howard, "I just think a general manager will pick the right person they need for the job. Both of us are great players. I don't know too much about Okafor, but I'll be happy for him if he's the No. 1 pick." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.115.230.94 ※ 編輯: xianfeng 來自: 140.115.230.94 (06/24 16:06)

203.204.197.99 06/24, , 1F
魔術隊隊醫還真是過街老鼠...XD
203.204.197.99 06/24, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #10slFMDD (Bucks)
文章代碼(AID): #10slFMDD (Bucks)