Re: [Mike] Mike離團的真相

看板BoyzIIMen作者 (好友名單好多人@"@)時間16年前 (2007/12/26 15:17), 編輯推噓6(601)
留言7則, 6人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《Brien (B-jam)》之銘言: : http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=12288 : 這個訪談寫的非常清楚... : 請自個兒閱讀 講一下大意好了。 Triumphant Trio BY Davina Morris Arguably the most vocally recognizable member of Boyz II Men, bass singer Michael McCary left the group several years ago. 在Boyz II Men中可說是最具聲音辨識度的一員的低音歌手Michael McCary在幾年前 離團。 But with the one-time super-group no longer at the pinnacle of R'n'B success as they were during their 1990s hey-days, McCary's departure seemed to go almost unnoticed. That is, until the fellas turned up to performances with a member missing! 但從前曾是一組超級名團的他們,已不再有90年代的風光,因此McCary的離去似乎不大 為人知曉。直到他們回到舞台上表演時,大家才發現少了一個人。 Even now, it may be a revelation to some that the legendary group — formerly comprised of McCary, along with Wanya Morris, Shawn Stockman and Nathan Morris — is no longer a quartet. Was this fact deliberately kept secret? Apparently not, says group member Wanya Morris. 即使到了現在,還是有些人會驚訝的發現,這個原由McCary和Wanya Morris、Shawn Stockman、Nathan Morris組成的傳奇團體,已不再是個四人組合。這件事有被刻意隱 瞞嗎?團員之一的Wanya Morris並不同意這樣的說法。 "Michael's been out of the group for about five or six years. And even before that, he hadn't been performing with us for a long time. But his departure came at a time when people weren't really thinking about Boyz II Men, so that's why people probably didn't even realize. At that time, people were more interested in how many times 50 Cent got shot, so it really wasn't about what was going on with Boyz II Men! It's only when we popped up every so often, that people were like, 'Damn, what happened to the other guy?'" 「Michael已經離團大約五、六年了。而在那之前,他也有好長一段時間沒有跟我們一 起表演。但他剛好是在大家不怎麼注意Boyz II Men的時候離開,這就是為什麼人們不 知道這件事的原因。在那時候,大家比較感興趣的是50 Cent被槍擊幾次,所以誰管 Boyz II Men發生什麼事了呢!只有當我們常常出現時,他們才會想說『幹,另一個人 怎麼啦?』」 Reports say that McCary left the group as a result of a back ailment known as scoliosis. (You remember that cane McCary used to walk with in music videos? It wasn't a fashion statement — he really had back problems.) But apparently, his health issue wasn't the only issue. 據報導說,McCary是由於脊柱側彎引起的背痛而離開。(記得在MV中,MCary老是拿著 一根枴杖走著嗎?那不是什麼流行,他真的是有背部的毛病。)但顯然他的健康問題並 不是唯一的原因。 "I'll be totally honest with you, Boyz II Men were at a point where we were no longer at that height of R'n'B success. We'd received so many accolades and we'd pretty much reached a ceiling within R'n'B. Having reached that ceiling, the only way to go from there was down! In a situation like that, only the strong survive. Me, Shawn and Nate were always in this business for the love of music. Mike was put in the group because he sounded good in the group. So initially, Mike wasn't an instrumental part of the creation of the group. But he became a part of the group's foundation because he made us different." 「我要很誠實的跟你們說,Boyz II Men已不再是R&B樂界的標竿人物了。我們從前獲得 了許多的榮譽,站上了R&B的頂峰。到了頂端,我們唯一能做的就只是向下而已!在這 種情況下,只有強者能夠生存。我、Shawn和Nate一直是為了對音樂的愛而工作。Mike 則是因為他在我們當中的聲音很棒,才跟我們在一起。所以從一開始,Mike就不是這個 團創立的主要一員。但由於他讓我們與其他團體不一樣,所以他也成了這個團的核心。 」 Morris continues: "He did leave eventually because of his back ailment. He wasn't able to do all the traveling and things that we were doing as a group, and that became a hindrance to what we were trying to accomplish. Mike himself got frustrated with that coz he wasn't doing anything. And the rest of us were almost like, 'Damn dude, you ain't doing anything - why should you stay?" Morris繼續說:「他的確是因為背痛而下了離開的決定。他沒辦法常常跟我們一同奔走 四方,而這卻是身為團體一份子該做的,這對我們想要做的事情造成了阻礙。Mike自己 也因為他沒有做什麼事而感到困惑。而我們其他人則想說「幹你媽的,你什麼也沒做, 那你留在這裡衝啥小?」 For me, Shawn and Nate, I think we got to a point where we felt like it wasn't fair that Mike should not do the little things but expect to jump on board whenever the big things came around. We didn't see that it was fair that he should reap all the benefits when he wasn't necessarily doing all the work. We were respectful of his back ailment coz we knew it was causing him a lot of pain. And for a long time, we were cool with him not performing at some events. But after a while, it just didn't make any sense for any of us. So it was pretty much a mutual decision when he left." 對我、Shawn還有Nate來說,我想我們得到一個共識,就是Mike怎麼可以做那麼一點點 的事,卻期待著每次有好事來臨時,他也可以分一杯羹?這太不公平了。我們覺得他怎 麼能少做一些工作,卻又享受所有的好處,真的很不公平。我們是很尊重他的背痛問題 ,因為我們知道他真的很痛苦。所以有好長一些日子,我們對他有時無法配合演出這件 事並不是很在意。但又過了些日子後,對我們來說這簡直是莫名其妙。所以他的離開可 以說是我們彼此都下的一個決定。 Is there any chance that McCary could return to the group? McCary有可能再回來嗎? "Why not? He'll always be a part of that foundation. But there'd be no point in him coming back for us to be in the same situation we were in before. I think his ailment made him somewhat dependent on his surroundings - which meant his surroundings had to carry him. And at the end of the day, we're a tri-pod — we can only carry three people! And hey, it's nice being able to split the money three ways instead of four! I'm only kidding. We'd have no problem paying anybody that's doing their job." 「有何不可?他永遠都是我們的一部份。但他若回來,我們可能也不會像從前那樣了。 我想他的背痛讓他有些依賴週遭環境,意思是身邊的人得多幫他一些。若到那一天,我 們就像個三腳架一樣,我們只能帶著三個人向前走!而且,嘿,把錢分成三份總比份四 份好吧!我是開玩笑啦。如果有人做好他的工作,我們很樂意付錢給他的。」 Morris insists that there's no bad blood between McCary and the remaining members. Morris堅持說McCary和其餘成員間並沒有任何不快。 "Oh no, not at all. Right now, we're like the coolest we've ever been!" 「喔不,完全沒有的。現在我們感情是非常好的!」 Still, the group is currently content as a trio, and recently released a new album, Motown: Hitsville USA. (You may have also seen them mentoring the contestants of ITV1's X Factor last Saturday!) The album features covers of classic hits including Smokey Robinson's Tracks of My Tears and Stevie Wonder's Ribbon in the Sky, as well as the group's own classic love song, End of the Road. But one wonders if Boyz II Men are planning to release any new material in the foreseeable future. 這個團體目前還是個三重唱,而最近他們發行了新的專輯「Motown: Hitsville USA」 (你或許在上週六也看到了他們指導ITV1 X Factor裡的參賽者!)專輯當中收錄了經 典歌曲的翻唱,包括Smokey Robinson的"Tracks of My Tears"和Stevie Wonder的 "Ribbon in the Sky",以及他們自己的經典情歌"End of the Road"。但有人或許會想 知道Boyz II Men是否計劃在可見的將來發行全新的作品。 "For now, we're just focusing on this album. We're never gonna stop recording. But right now, R'n'B is enjoying a slow resurgence and we're trying to work out where we fit within that. The industry right now isn't really focused on music with substance or validity and that's not what Boyz II Men are about. We believe in making music with substance and with emotion. So to do all that and it not be appreciated because it doesn't fit the industry's current climate would just be a waste of time for us. So we've decided to stay under the radar and just occasionally remind people that we're still doing our thing. 「現在我們單純把焦點放在這張專輯上。我們不會停止錄製作品。但現在,R&B正經歷 漫長的復甦過程,我們也在找尋自己在這當中的定位。現在的音樂產業不大關注真正有 內涵的音樂,而那不是Boyz II Men想要的。我們相信做音樂是要有內容與情感的。因 此我們做的東西不被喜愛是因為它不符合現今的潮流,這樣我們等於是浪費時間。所以 我們決定藏起來,偶爾提醒大家說,我們還在做著我們的音樂。」 He continues: "When we released End of the Road, I think people at that time had a greater appreciation of love songs. Now, we're really in the 'sex sells' era. You've got sex selling toothpaste! Not that there's anything wrong with sex — I love it! But I don't think that needs to be the way the world expresses everything. There are other ways. But with the industry putting its focus on sex, artists who aren't about that have the option to s*it or get off the pot. Boyz II Men aren't about that, so we decided to get off the pot and just s*it sporadically! We want to maintain the integrity of our forefathers in this music game. The Temptations, The Four Tops — all of those respectable artists who had something of substance to say." 他繼續道:「當我們發行"End of the Road"時,我想那時大家都很愛聽情歌。現在我 們卻到了一個「販賣性」的年代。連賣個牙膏也要跟性扯上邊!性沒有錯,我也愛啊! 但我不覺得什麼東西都要跟性有關吧。還有很多別的表達方式。但既然這產業以性為重 點,跟它無關的藝人們要嘛shit就是要嘛就走人囉。Boyz II Men也是這樣,所以我們 就走開,偶爾shit一下!我們想維持音樂界前輩們的清純。The Temptations、The Four Tops,都是真正有料而且讓人尊敬的藝人。 shit要怎麼翻啊? -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 219.91.69.8

12/26 16:58, , 1F
推你的翻譯
12/26 16:58, 1F

12/26 17:30, , 2F
有看有推
12/26 17:30, 2F
※ 編輯: Brien 來自: 220.137.17.99 (12/26 22:08)

12/27 02:11, , 3F
辛苦了...愛你?版主
12/27 02:11, 3F

12/28 11:51, , 4F
翻的太棒!推一個!
12/28 11:51, 4F

12/28 18:09, , 5F
推一個 真辛苦
12/28 18:09, 5F

12/29 02:55, , 6F
好文 不過看完後有誰相信他們之間沒心結
12/29 02:55, 6F